My xbox controller is not connecting properly through bluetooth. (Read for more info)

Discus and support My xbox controller is not connecting properly through bluetooth. (Read for more info) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This has been a recurring problem with my newest controller where if i leave it on for long enough and it auto shuts off it will not let me reconnect... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Eric Jaycen Hernandez, Jul 22, 2022.

1. My xbox controller is not connecting properly through bluetooth. (Read for more info)

This has been a recurring problem with my newest controller where if i leave it on for long enough and it auto shuts off it will not let me reconnect through Bluetooth. I've done a bit of trouble shooting but have gotten nowhere unfortunately. Whenever I try to reconnect, it says that it cannot connect this device right now I have an adapter, and this does not happen on my older controller. Most of the time if I leave it on for long enough, I have to restart my computer to get my Bluetooth working again (For the controller). All of my other devices which use Bluetooth work fine with the computer I play on. Thats about all the info I have get back to me soon My xbox controller is not connecting properly through bluetooth. (Read for more info) :D (Ps this is on a windows 11 pc so that may cause it)

:)

Eric Jaycen Hernandez, Jul 22, 2022
  2. Eric Jaycen Hernande Win User

My xbox controller is not connecting properly through bluetooth. (Read for more info)

Hey, I'm back I did what you told me, and it went well the controller connected fine but that was probably because of the restart the real test is going to be when it shuts off on its own after not being touched for a while. Overall did everything you asked with no problems at all so thanks if I encounter a problem I will come back to this post and let someone know :D
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the feedback, about the automatically power off, as far as I know Xbox controllers do that, my controller shut down itself after 20 min idle

Hoping the best, take care in the meantime !
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks!

Yes, that's strange, so it seems the controller is working as expected.

Please try reinstalling the driver for both controller and wireless adapter

Step 1

Uninstall the USB driver in Device Manager:

1. Press the Windows + X keys simultaneously;

2. Click on the Device Manager option;

3. Click the arrow that points to USB Controllers;

4. Right-click on the installed device and click uninstall;

5. Restart the computer.

Tip: Also remove everything related to Universal Bus and Composite device.

Step 2

Install the generic driver:

1. Press the Windows + X keys simultaneously;

2. Click on the Device Manager option;

3. Click the arrow that points to USB Controllers;

4. Right-click on the installed device and click Properties;

5. Click on the Driver tab> Update Driver> Search Computer for Driver Software;

6. Click Allow me to choose from a list of device drivers on the Computer;

Select driver versions, install one by one.

Tip: After completing the installation of each driver, restart the system and test it.

**Original thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Let me know how it goes after that
  5. Eric Jaycen Hernande Win User

Hey thanks for the fast reply and to answer yes, my controller firmware is on the latest version, and it also doesn't happen with other computers hence why i think it could be windows 11 causing the issue. And to be quite honest I have not done much trouble shooting just testing things and seeing if everything is updated to the latest version which it all is. This issue happened as soon as I received the controller on, I think the 27th of April sometime around there. It can also connect to my original xbox console perfectly fine it is also not paired with any other devices. Please get back to me as soon as possible :D
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Eric

Do you know if your controller firmware is on the latest version? If yes, do you know when this started happening?

Are you able to test the controller using a different device?

For example connecting it to your phone or console to see how it goes

Or, which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this, in that way I can advise you different things

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
Thema:

1. My xbox controller is not connecting properly through bluetooth. (Read for more info) - Similar Threads - controller connecting properly

2. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  3. Xbox controller only functions when connected to power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller only functions when connected to power: I want to use an Xbox wireless controller on pc. My PC has Bluetooth 5.3 (MSI B650 Gaming Plus WIFI, Ryzen 5 7500f, RX 7800xt). I have tried two different brand new controllers and had the same...
  4. Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB): I have two controllers that won't connect to my pc. I've tried 4 different USB cords, I've updated my controllers and I've even tried using my USB-C adapter . Both will blink when plugged in and...
  5. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  6. Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...: I've tried connecting controller manually but still just flashes, have also unplugged everything and checked leads etc but still doing the same thing! Any ideas please or has it had its day?...
  7. Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...: I click the xbox button on the controller and it acts as if it's not connected to anything. But as soon as I click down on the bluetooth search button on the controller, my PC recognizes it...
  8. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  9. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  10. My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore: A couple days ago my Xbox controller stopped connecting to my pc it connects perfectly fine to my Xbox but when I try to connect it to my pc it vibrates for a couple seconds and then nothing...