My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

Discus and support My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Oscar Fernandez Escalante, Mar 19, 2024.

1. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The controller was purchased last black friday's week.

:)

Oscar Fernandez Escalante, Mar 19, 2024
  2. Internet Expert Win User

no new xbox headset updates

What kind of Xbox One controller do you have?

From going to All Settings-->Kinect & Devices-->Devices & Accessories-->Xbox One Wireless Controller, the latest firmware shown on my controller is "2.3.2385.0". Checking for updates yields no results, and says that my controller is on the latest firmware.

This controller of mine is a standard black controller (with the 3.5mm port) that I purchased as a separate accessory. I think only the Elite controller has a different firmware due to the extra functionality.

If there's no update available, then you're already on the latest firmware! Microsoft doesn't really push out controller updates very often.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories App (Windows 11, version 23H2)

Firmware version 517.3202.0 is the latest firmware version available for the Elite Series 2 controller. So your controller has the latest firmware available.

Don't forget the Elite Series controllers use a different firmware than the other controllers, because it has different features to the standard controllers.
  4. lackoftraction Win User

Xbox Elite 2 controller NOT working with new firmware update

To be very, very clear, the problem is that the newest firmware updates to Xbox elite 2 controller has broken the functionality of the paddles. As of the latest firmware, the paddles are completely disabled when in default profile. The paddles used to work in default mode, and now they don't. Steam can corroborate this: last year Steam added functionality to customize the outputs of the elite controllers paddles, which means that the paddles used to output a unique signal instead on only emulating other controller buttons.

A quick internet search reveals numerous accounts from users who had used steam to customize the paddle outputs, proving that the paddles used to work. You can also see a growing number of recent complaints from Elite controller users who are realizing that their paddle inputs are now broken. This is not an isolated occurrence, the elite controller was broken by the latest firmware updates, and people are realizing it.

The changes made to the Xbox elite 2 Controller paddles in the latest firmware updates NEED TO BE REVERTED.
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Oscar, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, follow these steps:

On your Xbox console, press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then:

Go to Profile & system > Xbox Support > Get help > Help topics > Hardware & networking > Controllers > My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update.

Select Check your controller’s firmware to open the controller firmware reversion screen in the Xbox Accessories app, and then follow the instructions in the app.

After that, try updating the controller again.

You can try it on a PC too:

Install and open the Xbox Accessories App.

To download it: https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NBLGGH30XJ3

Connect your controller via a USB Cable and check for a firmware update.

Let me know if it works!
  6. El Macho IQ Win User

Pro 2 controller audio intermittent in series x

Hi Rostom

Yes I mean Xbox Elite 2. I isolated the issue using it in a series S, same audio problem. Controller updated latest firmware.

I'll clean the jack and comeback with my comments.

Thanks.
Thema:

1. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware - Similar Threads - controller Elite doesn't

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  4. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  5. My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...: Hi, I'm having an issue with Elite series 2 controller, upon trying to install the latest firmware version via Xbox Accessories App to see if it solves some issues I'm having with it (It...
  6. Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.: I've drove myself crazy for hours, trying to figure out the issue. (In the past it was so easy, I'd power on the controller, the drivers automatically updated, and nothing else was needed) Now...
  7. Elite controller to disconnects from xbox but when connected to my phone it doesn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller to disconnects from xbox but when connected to my phone it doesn't.: I will turn on Xbox with the remote and it will automatically keep disconnecting itself. My Xbox and controller are up to date. The only way for it to work is having cord from Xbox to controller....
  8. Elite Controller 2 Core - Right stick doesn't hold firmly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Core - Right stick doesn't hold firmly: Hi! I've just received my new sealed Elite Controller 2 Core and noticed the following defect: The right stick base is not magnetic at all. Left stick is holding okay, but the right one can be...
  9. Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...: Bit of a weird one this. Been enjoying the new controller for a few weeks, no issues. Suddenly, mid-session, my game started behaving as if I don't have a controller connected. (CoD, probably not...
  10. Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...: Bit of a weird one this. Been enjoying the new controller for a few weeks, no issues. Suddenly, mid-session, my game started behaving as if I don't have a controller connected. (CoD, probably not...