My Xbox controller broke after updating it on my pc and I feel something should be done...

Discus and support My Xbox controller broke after updating it on my pc and I feel something should be done... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I updated my controller firmware on my windows pc and now the firmware is corrupted and I can't use it due to half the inputs not registering. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by bob4455, Nov 26, 2020.

1. bob4455
    bob4455 Guest

My Xbox controller broke after updating it on my pc and I feel something should be done...

I updated my controller firmware on my windows pc and now the firmware is corrupted and I can't use it due to half the inputs not registering. I have gone through many troubleshooting steps and I DIDN'T touch the controller while it was updating. Several
    of my friends have also experienced this issue so its not user error and is a problem with microsoft's software. Although my controller is out of warranty I feel that people with this issue should get their controllers replaced for free. I say this because
    its like if a friend comes over to your house and smashes your controller. You expect them to buy you a new one and make it right. Unless someone on microsofts forum has developed a firmware tool to wipe the firmware off and reinstall it, I feel people should
    get a replacement. If microsoft doesn't want to offer a replacement, then I think I'll just wait till sony brings out dualsense drivers like they did with the dualshock and the wireless adapter.

:)

bob4455, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Stevenjames7899 Win User

How to connect my controller.

I have done all of that, I cannot update my controller because as previously stated I cannot get the controller to connect my controller to the PC to update. As for bluetooth, Bluetooth updating is not something you can do.
  3. CodyCash Win User

New update destroyed controller

After contacting them via Twitter @xboxsupport and trying various troubleshoots they told me my controller was in need of a replacement. So I guess the update broke my controller
  4. DuaneBlock2 Win User

Xbox Controller Issues After Firmware Update

I'm having same problem with my controller since update i had my Xbox controller connected to my pc thru wireless pc gaming adapter is there something im missing why this is not working
  5. Dr Deadlyfart Win User

Post update lag issues?

Lag comp is right I'm just curious as to why it happens more since the update its just frustrating kinda feels like they broke something on my end
  6. Charles McGinnis Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

Hey, I'm having a problem with my Xbox one controller as well. The Bluetooth for it has not worked in a very long time. I can't use it on my computer anymore after the latest controller update. I have tried updating it but there is no updates for it. I would like to be given an old driver update for the controller or redirected to a new one. I only use it for my computer but I'm tired of not being able to use the Bluetooth. Please help. This problem has been around for a year now and I still haven't found an update. I won't buy another controller I don't need. I feel as if this "new" update was intentional so PC players are forced to buy a new controller after updating it on the Xbox.\

-Thanks for hearing me out.

Sincerely,
Thema:

1. My Xbox controller broke after updating it on my pc and I feel something should be done... - Similar Threads - controller broke updating

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. my controller broke after update

in XboX Insiders
    my controller broke after update: i have a xbox one x. but i dont really use it, i only use the controller with my pc. and recently. i got a new pc, and the controllre bluetooth doesnt work. so i plugged the controller in, and...
  5. filmware update probably broke my xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    filmware update probably broke my xbox controller: i tired updating my controller first time it got to like 35/36% and it failed sayed plug usb put out bateries soo i did and restarted with usb only it got to 95% stoped xbox controller wibrated 1...
  6. Can anything be done about a broke xbox elite controller v1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anything be done about a broke xbox elite controller v1: I have 2 xbox elite controller v1. They both have sick drift. One of them the both bumpers are not working anymore. Is their anything I can do to get them fixed. Can I pay to ship them to get...
  7. Latest update broke Google home and Alexa control

in XboX Insiders
    Latest update broke Google home and Alexa control: My console auto updated yesterday. It's now running 10.0.19041.2447. As of that update, my Google home and Alexa control over the console no longer works. I went into the console settings, and...
  8. Control broke, need information on exchange

in XBoX on Consoles
    Control broke, need information on exchange: Hey everyone! So, I bought my Xbox One with a single controller, then a while later I got another one. The second one worked just fine but one day it started to vibrate when I turned it on and...
  9. Control broke the LT button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Control broke the LT button: My control broke the LT button, I would like to know how to change the control or button. Thank you, David. 5056792d-6a4a-46d8-ab49-11287c0a8008
  10. Summer update broke Media Remote control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Summer update broke Media Remote control: So my Xbox sends volume control signals to a Vizio soundbar via the IR-out port. Since the Summer update, however, single-button presses on the Media Remote no longer get sent to the soundbar....