My Xbox can’t connect to the internet

Discus and support My Xbox can’t connect to the internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox can’t connect to my internet but my other devices have no problem at all… cox also said there’s nothing wrong on their end. I’ve tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Durag Lu, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Durag Lu
    Durag Lu Guest

My Xbox can’t connect to my internet but my other devices have no problem at all… cox also said there’s nothing wrong on their end.

I’ve tried everything from restarting routers and the Xbox over and over again. Don’t know what to do anymore

:)

Durag Lu, Feb 11, 2024
  2. Cyters Win User

Can’t connect wireless

Xbox One S, not series S. And I just tried and it says it connected on my phone but “can’t connect to the internet”,on my xbox
  3. KeriMacFarland Win User

Why won’t my Xbox connect to the internet?

I don’t know if I kept my games or not. I had to do the hard reset offline because I wasn’t connect to internet and it said something about it will still remove the contents from of this Xbox or something like that. once it reset though I selected language but I’m stuck on the connection part, I can’t get past it since I can’t connect to the internet.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Durag, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, if you know how to do it, make a Wi-Fi hotspot router on your phone and connect to it.

That way we can isolate the issue, by testing another internet connection, using your mobile data plan.

Which error message do you receive? Have you tried to connect via a LAN Cable (for testing purposes, if possible)?

Have you tried to clear your console MAC address?

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.

Let me know if it works!
  5. poopcamera Win User

hotspot

now it says

Can’t connect to the Internet

if you have a pc, try to connect to the Internet on it. You may have to work with your ISP to fix your connection.
  6. Splazer2794 Win User

Can’t connect to internet

Couple things to try.

When you go to your network settings, advanced settings, do you see your xbox pulling a 10.x.x.x, 172.x.x.x or a 192.168.x.x IP? If you see 169.254.x.x that means your xbox does not appear to be hitting any DHCP device. - Reset the modem/Xbox some times
    works here

If you are using your ISP provided DNS servers, try changing to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

I got a couple more suggestions if the above don't work.
Thema:

1. My Xbox can’t connect to the internet - Similar Threads - can’t connect internet

2. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  3. Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet: So recently my Xbox 360 started to act weird ever since I unplugged it a couple days ago. I’ve recently reconnected it but ever since then I haven’t been able to connect to Xbox live. I’ve seen...
  4. Can’t connect to Internet. Anyone rise?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t connect to Internet. Anyone rise?: All of a sudden I can’t connect to the Internet. Nothing is working. Is this happening to anyone else? 3e47a66f-b859-4e51-b4ed-3bddc6cd08a8
  5. Console won’t connect to internet, can’t even find my network. Had it working this...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console won’t connect to internet, can’t even find my network. Had it working this...: Hello, My console won’t connect to WiFi, can’t find my network. Says hardware problem. fa4ce9e9-2fb8-4cb8-9a42-42f605b52ab9
  6. Xbox one s connected to Internet ie the router however I can’t log in with the message...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s connected to Internet ie the router however I can’t log in with the message...: I have a sky router which was up until a couple of weeks ago connecting to my Xbox series one. I am now getting the message when I test the connection “ this console is connected to the internet “...
  7. Pressed network reset on my msi laptop can’t use keyboard anymore or connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pressed network reset on my msi laptop can’t use keyboard anymore or connect to internet: My msi laptop those not work anymore because network reset messed it up I can’t even use my keyboard or connect to anything I have to type with the touch screen keyboard...
  8. my country isn’t supported on xbox one and i can’t connect to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my country isn’t supported on xbox one and i can’t connect to the internet.: so i just got a new xbox from the uk, i live in romania, and no matter how much i try, i can’t get it to connect to the internet. I’ve tried connecting it to my pc’s internet but i couldn’t. i...
  9. Can’t connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to the internet: Hey I tried connecting to the internet and it won’t let me 34d5c7c2-75fd-4b2f-8891-a7b51b5191ce
  10. Every time I try to connect to my network my Xbox will say can’t connect to the internet I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I try to connect to my network my Xbox will say can’t connect to the internet I...: Need help I have power cycled Xbox and have try a wired connection nothing seems to work 74489900-3902-4399-aed7-57a73215750b