My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

Discus and support My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Nicholas Chui, Apr 17, 2024.

1. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the app from my taskbar. I still can't open it. What should I do?

:)

Nicholas Chui, Apr 17, 2024
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

I don't have a x-Box, I play MSFS2020, Now the PC starts Up in a kind off x-box mode,

Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're describing please?

There isn't an 'Xbox Mode' on either Windows 10 or Windows 11. It sounds like the Xbox App is starting with Windows. You can disable this from within the Xbox app itself.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox PC app error, please help

Hello SusanBrouillette,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that the Xbox Companion App is not allowing you to sign in and utilize it. We suggest making sure that

Windows 10 is up to date
    . Also, you can try performing
    a clean boot
    . This will start your computer up with a minimal amount of programs to make sure there isn't another program that is interfering with the Xbox Companion App. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox app on windows 10 crashing on start up

Hello, Daniel. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Would you please reinstall the gaming services and reset the Microsoft store and the Xbox app? Please perform these steps with the Microsoft store and the Xbox app closed and make sure there are no games being downloaded or installed on both apps.

- Go to start > Search for PowerShell > Right click > Run as administrator. Type the following command and press enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

- Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete the folders "GamingServices", "GamingServices.net" (if they're still there).

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Press Windows + R. Type TEMP and press enter. Delete all the files inside this folder. Repeat this step by typing %TEMP% and Prefetch. Delete everything on both folders too.

- Press Windows + R. Type WSRESET and press enter.

- Restart your computer. Run Powershell as administrator and run the following commands (one at a time):

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

(this command can show you some errors, this is normal, just wait until it finishes)

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt. Also sign in on the Microsoft store with your Microsoft account.

- Restart your computer one more time. Open the Xbox App and sign in with the same account as the Microsoft store.

- Check your computer region/country and language and please make sure it is the same as your Microsoft account (https://account.microsoft.com/profile). Also check your time zone and date/time is correct.

See if this helps and please let me know.
  5. Cordon999 Win User

Xbox app on windows 10 crashing on start up

Anyone having this issue, after hours of frustration with this, finally have it working.

Do not, as you may be advised reformat and clean install Windows as its not necessary, as are most of the possible solutions that I have seen in various posts.

The main issue with Gaming Services is keys in the registry including ghost service entries in the registry, there is a version mismatch, if you ever get this error no matter what you try as long as they are there it will never install, thereby rendering your Game Pass Ultimate experience virtually useless.

When I first got this error "0x00000001", I reset Gaming Services, that then caused another error "0x80073D26", that's when I found the services in task manager which were effectively ghost entries doing nothing.

Firstly I reset Gaming Services, then proceeded with the following:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps find 2 gaming services folders, take ownership and delete.

2. Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following:

Keys.
    [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5CMicrosoft.GamingServices_2.45.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe%5Cresources.pri]
    [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5CMicrosoft.Gamingservices_2.45.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe%5Cresources.pri\1d6937194966bce]
    and all other Microsoft.Gamingservices versions in here

Services.
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

The version numbers may be different depending on what you have installed.

3. Restart your PC.

4. Once restarted open Microsoft Store find Gaming Services and install, it will now work.

Hope this helps.

Microsoft however your updating or installing gaming services, it has the potential to fail, if it fails the user is stuffed, took me hours to resolve this, the only advice I had was to, use PowerShell, reset various apps or to reformat and clean install, which for the majority of users is not an option, fix it.
  6. AgentScotty2112 Win User

The Daily Challenges Megathread

10 new boards (some of which have large numbers of wildcard tiles) were introduced, that are starting to show up in the Daily Challenges, which may be crashing older versions of the app. They're looking into why the newer app version isn't rolling out to
    Windows 8.0 users.
Thema:

My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

1. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up - Similar Threads - app Windows isn't

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.: I have tried so many different things to try and get the xbox app to get past the loading screen and I have not been able to. Everytime I launch the app I get to the loading screen that says...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App: Hello Microsoft Team, I used to install my Xbox games in my D:\ drive. Now I reinstalled my games in my C:\ drive and want to use my D:\ drive as a simple data storage. Unfortunately, Windows...
  9. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. Windows Store Apps isn't running at a high FPS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows Store Apps isn't running at a high FPS: Hello, I am using Windows 10 since 2016 and I always tried to use Windows Store's apps so I can get the best support for my apps, like GeForce Experience, Xbox Game Bar, etc... But one thing I've...