My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.

Discus and support My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So I've been having a lot o trouble with my Xbox app on PC. When my friends try to invite me to their party or game I don't receive any notification,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Sebastian CamposGC, Feb 5, 2024.

1. My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.

So I've been having a lot o trouble with my Xbox app on PC.

When my friends try to invite me to their party or game I don't receive any notification, nor invitation, to the Xbox app on my PC, but I do receive them to my phone because I have the Xbox app there too.

So what I need to do is either restart my PC 2 or even 3 times (because even when I do it most of the times doesn't work) or I simply reset the app from my PC settings, as well as clicking the option "repair this app".

Even though I do this most of the time I still won't receive the invitations to the parties or games. I don't get any error code, I don't have any wi-fi problem.

It feels like it's based on my luck, and I'm really frustrated with it. Could someone help me please? I don't know what else I can do.

This is what I already tried to do to solve the problem:
    -Resetting my PC.
    -Resetting the app from the PC apps settings.
    -Repairing the app.

-Turn on and off the notifications on the Xbox app.

-Turn on and off the notifications on my PC settings.

-Uninstalling the Xbox app and installing it again.

-Uninstalling game bar and installing it again.

:)

Sebastian CamposGC, Feb 5, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Sebastian, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, follow these steps:

Open the Terminal window by pressing the Windows Key + X and Select "Open Powershell as Administrator".

Type this command:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

Let me know if it works!
  3. xxMydnightxx Win User

cannot receive game invites/messages

Not able to receive game invites or party invites, nor am I able to send them
  4. Riley2653 Win User

When is Xbox going to fix the notification bug? I’ve tried everything I can like troubleshooting issues and everything I can right now and it’s getting really annoying

I’m receiving everything but friends getting on and sometimes I don’t get party invites and game invites. I’m playing on a Xbox console, but my Xbox app isn’t working either
  5. Richard Vazquez1 Win User

I dont get party invites on my Xbox game bar - PC VERSION

Xbox companion app is discontinued, and the "Party Invitations" and "Games" notification settings are nonexistent in the Xbox PC app. Settings for invites and messages are all on the Game Bar app for PC.

You'll just have to make sure these settings are checked after reinstalling the game bar @ (Game Bar)Settings>Notifications>Xbox Social>Notify me when I'm invited to a party or multiplayer game
  6. MattAustin1 Win User

Xbox game invites

I can join parties and receive party invites just fine. The problem is the game invites. For example, I was trying to play Call of Duty: Warzone through a Looking For Group post. I join the party but then don't receive the game invite and can't invite
    them to my game.
Thema:

1. My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations. - Similar Threads - app won't receive

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  4. Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?: So yesterday I downloaded the Xbox app hoping to connect with friends, download game, etc. But when I clicked sign in I pressed my account then continue, as it normally should. I was put back into...
  5. Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?: I can't load the Xbox App for PC. It will launch, try to do an update, then just say sorry something went wrong. with the error code: 0x80070426. b5278f38-e428-4d88-a5fd-95d065a39f4a
  6. Xbox App Won't Update/Launch on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Won't Update/Launch on PC: Went to open my xbox app today and it immediately gives me an error about an update failing, I hit "try again" and it just stays at 0% forever. I also can't sign into game bar, it just gets stuck...
  7. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  8. Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...: Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a screenshot of the issue but it won't let me send it and the problem is on the app on my computer!...
  9. Microsoft rewards app won't open on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft rewards app won't open on xbox: Hi there, Not sure if anyone else has had the issue but for the past few days the Microsoft rewards app has not been opening from the xbox dashboard and don't really want to lose my 120+ weekly...
  10. my computer won't open the xbox app, it keeps waiting at the black screen .

in XboX Insiders
    my computer won't open the xbox app, it keeps waiting at the black screen .: I don't use the xbox app it gives a black screen problem I can't play games on my computer. I've tried all sorts of things, like deleting, installing, updating Can anyone help me? submitted by...