my xbox app on my windows 11 laptop isnt working

Discus and support my xbox app on my windows 11 laptop isnt working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i just bought this laptop and the xbox app is giving me "0x80073cf9" and "0x80070490" errors . any solution ? 3cf81404-d62b-4eba-b197-8d50fa81eb7e Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Muhammed Mirza Demir, Nov 30, 2023.

1. my xbox app on my windows 11 laptop isnt working

i just bought this laptop and the xbox app is giving me "0x80073cf9" and "0x80070490" errors . any solution ?

:)

Muhammed Mirza Demir, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Renatodibi Win User

Hi Muhammed.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

The first thing you can do is uninstall and reinstall the app. It's better to restart your laptop before reinstalling.

Even though it might seem obvious, it's always best to ensure that our PC and all drivers are up to date. The same goes for the Xbox app. Make sure there are no updates to be done for both.

To update Xbox app and Game services

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    Select Library.
    Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Further information at
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

At times, it may be necessary to reinstall Windows, but let's hope you can resolve the issue by following the procedures I have provided.

I take this opportunity of your support request to inform you that soon the Xbox app will be integrated into Windows 11, enhancing the speed and stability of games and the app.

Kind regards.
    Renato
  3. pottsalot2 Win User

Xbox app won't finish startup while offline. Window 11

Then why advertise it as a feature. The Xbox app itself won't load, how is anyone supposed to play anything offline. It work 3 years ago. I'm gonna guess this is a Windows 11 bug. My windows 10 desktop works fine but, the laptop on windows 11 won't.
  4. rasyidialwee Win User

Logitech f710 gamepad problem.

Nice, this works with my laptop. Just reformat my laptop with windows 11. Dont know why it doesnt automatically detect. Works pretty well before this(on windows 11 too)
  5. ape901 Win User

Can't sign into Game Pass PC

I don't know what's happening with my computer so mine is more than just the Xbox PC app on my laptop it wont load Microsoft store, Cortana or a few other Microsoft apps.

it all kinda started after my laptop went to windows 11, for a brief while there on windows 10 all the apps were working but instantly after the update nothing worked. i got the laptop a few days ago so it shouldn't have these issues.

note: changing back to windows 10 did nothing
  6. acuteaura Win User

Xbox app streaming black screen

This is broken on my laptop on:

Windows 10 20H1

Windows 10 20H2

Windows 11 Stable

Windows 11 Insider Preview (fast ring, 1 week ago)

All on fresh clean installs.

Same test run on a desktop machine on the same network works fine. Ethernet on Laptop does not fix it.

It's got to be something gaming laptop specific, possibly GPU selection. Forcing the Xbox app to use either integrated or discretre graphics didn't work either though.

Switching the GPU mode to "discrete graphics" on my Legion 5 didn't fix this either.
Thema:

1. my xbox app on my windows 11 laptop isnt working - Similar Threads - app windows laptop

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.: I have tried so many different things to try and get the xbox app to get past the loading screen and I have not been able to. Everytime I launch the app I get to the loading screen that says...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop: When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign in then it goes back automatically. I have...
  9. Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop: I can download the app. But can't seem to install it. a17e8316-74fb-4279-9b22-7d3cbf9bb62c
  10. Xbox app is frozen on the sign in page on my new MSI Stealth Studio laptop running Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app is frozen on the sign in page on my new MSI Stealth Studio laptop running Windows 11: Hi, I just received my new laptop and have spent the whole day installing all updates/patches. Upon launching the Xbox app, it comes up with a welcome page saying the laptop comes with free Game...