My Xbox app is stuck at the pulsing logo screen.

Discus and support My Xbox app is stuck at the pulsing logo screen. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried everything to fix it; powershell commands, CMD commands, signing out and into every account, firewall, and changing startup services. I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Paul Hueck, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Paul Hueck
    Paul Hueck Guest

I have tried everything to fix it; powershell commands, CMD commands, signing out and into every account, firewall, and changing startup services. I am on windows 11 and I know I'm not the only person with this issue. The app stays stuck on that screen for hours so I don't even get an error message. If I cannot get this working I will be cancelling my gamepass subscription and asking for a full refund because this is insanity.

:)

Paul Hueck, Sep 25, 2023
  2. Ben Bradfield Win User

Xbox app is not working properly on Windows 10

I have tried all 3 solutions now and when I launch the xbox app I am still stuck with just the app having the black screen and the xbox logo in the middle pulsing.
  3. Lavenia A. Win User

Hi Paul Hueck,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I am aware that you're experiencing issues with the Xbox app on Windows 11. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have. Let us work on this together and both isolate the issue. '

In the meantime, you can try the following steps to see if it resolves the issue:

Check for updates:

Make sure your Windows and all its services are up to date1. Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Reset Windows Store cache.

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    2. Type "wsreset.exe" and press Enter. This will reset the Windows Store cache.
    3. Restart your computer.
    4. Try launching the Xbox app again.

Repair and Restore:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options. After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again. Then do the same for the Xbox app.

Restart Services:

Press the Windows key and search for services. Hit Enter and open the Services menu. Scroll down to Gaming Services. Right-click on it and select Restart from the context menu. Scroll down and find Xbox Accessory Management and Xbox Live Auth Manager. Right-click on each item and restart them.

If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app:

Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    2. Hit Enter.
    3. Launch Windows Store and download the Xbox App. Once done, try signing in again your account on your Xbox app and see if the same issue happens.

For other troubleshooting guide, see Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  4. Lavenia A. Win User

Hi Paul Hueck,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  5. Lavenia A. Win User

We're sorry to know if none of the solution works. Let's continue to work on this together. Please attempt the steps below as well.

You may try to Run the System File Checker to check if there are corrupted system files that are just looping around causing this kind of issue to exist.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, and right-click or press and hold Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the list of results. Select Run as administrator, and then selectYes.
    2. Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space before each "/"), and then press Enter. (Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and complete.)
    3. After you see a message that says "The operation completed successfully," type sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/") and press Enter.
    4. After you see a message that says, "Verification 100% complete," type exit and press Enter.

And perform a clean boot and see if it makes any defference. See How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support.
  6. [Marek] Win User

XBOX app stuck on logo screen

Hello Everyone that stumbles upon the same problem,

I have had that (endless logo on xbox app start... never waited long enough to see any error codes) on Win10Home.

Did just step 5, rebooted the pc and xboxapp works again. Hope this helps other people.

Step 5: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it.

1. Click Start, and then type Windows Power Shell on the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    4. Hit Enter.
    5. Launch Windows Store and download the Xbox App.
    Best Regards,

Marek
Thema:

1. My Xbox app is stuck at the pulsing logo screen. - Similar Threads - app stuck pulsing

2. My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.: I have tried so many different things to try and get the xbox app to get past the loading screen and I have not been able to. Everytime I launch the app I get to the loading screen that says...
  3. xbox app keeps getting stuck on connecting (pc)

in XboX Insiders
    xbox app keeps getting stuck on connecting (pc): whenever i try to join a voice chat with my friends it gets stuck on connecting and i cannot join i have tried many fixes but none of them work any suggestions? submitted by /u/Krazykayra...
  4. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  5. xbox app stucking screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox app stucking screen: hi I'm having a game pass issue in Xbox app in pc that the loading screen keep loading for ever and never load , I tried a lot of methods ef477594-0df6-40c0-b4e4-98155079b958
  6. Xbox PC App Stuck on Updating Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox PC App Stuck on Updating Screen: The Xbox PC app won't load and is stuck on an updating screen that never makes any progress. It just says "launching the Xbox App". I've tried uninstalling the app, resetting and repairing and...
  7. Nier Automata Xbox PC app, download stuck at 57% and I'm not the only one with this problem.

in XboX Insiders
    Nier Automata Xbox PC app, download stuck at 57% and I'm not the only one with this problem.: Randomly this problem appears, Xbox pc app app sometimes works, other times it doesn't, for no reason. Resetting, reinstalling, doesn't solve nothing, following useless guides doesn't solve...
  8. Xbox app stuck on launching for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app stuck on launching for PC: I've looked everywhere for fixes for this and none of them work. Here is the list of things I have tried, all of which either seem to do nothing or make the app stuck on updating 100% for hours....
  9. Why is my Xbox app stuck on "Launching the Xbox App" screen on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Xbox app stuck on "Launching the Xbox App" screen on PC?: It's been stuck on this for 20 minutes now and it still won't load or open. And yes I have restarted my pc and uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. I'm also up to date on my windows...
  10. Cannot get xbox app on windows 11 to work, stuck on pulsing xbox logo for months now. I've...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get xbox app on windows 11 to work, stuck on pulsing xbox logo for months now. I've...: Cannot get xbox app on windows 11 to work, stuck on pulsing xbox logo for months now. I've tried literally everything suggested here and online for a long time with no fix at all. Just stuck on...