My Xbox app does not detect my external hard drive in the console

Discus and support My Xbox app does not detect my external hard drive in the console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday I bought an external hard drive for my console since I ran out of space in the internal storage. The problem starts when I want to download... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tiba23, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Tiba23
    Tiba23 Guest

Yesterday I bought an external hard drive for my console since I ran out of space in the internal storage.

The problem starts when I want to download physical games (that is I have the disc) that once I had already installed on my console and for some reason or another I uninstalled them, and now with the external hard drive I want to reinstall them from the Xbox app on my cell phone (I download them from the app on my cell phone because when I insert the game disc to reinstall it gives me a problem in a certain percentage of the download, as if it could not read the disc, and even if I clean the disc, cancel the download and no matter how hard I try it is not solved and never goes beyond the same percentage as the previous attempt, so I download them now from the Xbox app on my cell phone and then insert the disc) but the app does not detect the hard drive and when starting the installation tells me that there is no space available on my console and that I must delete other games on my console to download the game I want to download, is there anyone who knows how to solve this?

:)

Tiba23, Aug 10, 2023
  2. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

I thought you were using the app on the pc.

Please try following the below steps for the xbox console:

If you see Update available, there's an update you need to install. After you're done installing the update, go back to Settings and select System > Storage devices. See if your device appears in the list.

Please visit https://support.xbox.com/en-IN/help/hardware-network/storage/console-doesnt-detect-external-storage#:~:text=If%20your%20console%20doesn't%20detect%20an%20external%20storage%20drive&text=If%20you%20see%20Update%20available,device%20appears%20in%20the%20list. and follow the further troubleshooting steps mentioned there.

Regards
  3. Tiba23 Win User

Is it necessary to have a pc?
  4. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Hello Tiba23,

I'm Nilay and I'll be glad to answer your query today.

Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

PC reboot

*After that install gaming services again, to do this go to the Microsoft store, click get updates and install the latest version of Gaming Services.

Please visit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ll-games/edc872de-14d3-4879-8d92-da3942f50d37 and follow the suggested steps there. Hope there will be a fix.

Good Luck
    Regards
  5. onyxishere Win User

External Hard Drive Help

6. gds1972 Win User

External hard drive not formatting on Xbox One

Thema:

1. My Xbox app does not detect my external hard drive in the console - Similar Threads - app does detect

2. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  3. Does the IGN App for Xbox One still work or not?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the IGN App for Xbox One still work or not?: A long time ago, when I launched IGN for Xbox, I got an error saying that the requested content is not available. Does anyone know what is going on? 38bef87a-15fc-4fd3-8490-bacd4d4128c2
  4. Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not: Anyone knows why its kinda strange cause i checked my enforcement history and i have no bans for suspensions c2ec7c2f-ab27-490f-8465-8968e521376e
  5. So does Xbox just not care anymore about game standards, I mean keep putting free app store...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So does Xbox just not care anymore about game standards, I mean keep putting free app store...: How do I get a Refund especially on a digital game (probably is none) but I wish there where...there has to be a standard for Xbox games.... 0d8cc60e-2bad-4171-bab5-65678aa866e0
  6. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  7. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  8. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  9. Xbox app does not open completely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app does not open completely: Hello, when I try to open an Xbox application it's just stuck on Xbox logo on black screen. Like I tried some solutions but none of them didn't work. I don't know what to do anymore, If there are...
  10. Xbox App not detecting Gaming Services, and once it finally does detect it, games won't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App not detecting Gaming Services, and once it finally does detect it, games won't...: For the past 3 months I have been battling with my xbox app and gaming services, when I open the xbox app, it tells me I require gaming services to be downloaded to play and install games, and...