My Xbox account is linked to a terminated email and I want to change it,is it possible?

Discus and support My Xbox account is linked to a terminated email and I want to change it,is it possible? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Alright so I want to change my terminated email from my Xbox account 7fe0ca95-6bc8-4fcc-8a1b-b82aee88a3a5 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Samwarrior, Jul 14, 2023.

1. Samwarrior
    Samwarrior Guest

My Xbox account is linked to a terminated email and I want to change it,is it possible?

Alright so I want to change my terminated email from my Xbox account

:)

Samwarrior, Jul 14, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben a fellow member here in the community, not a Microsoft employee. Hope you are doing well!

With regards to your terminated email account, just to confirm do you mean it has been closed already or deactivated?

Once an account got deactivated, any Microsoft services such as Xbox Live will also be closed or deactivated. But if you can still try and access your email via https://account.microsoft.com page and if you can still sign in, you can change your sign in email address via https://account.microsoft.com/profile page by clicking the "Manage how you sign in"

From there you can add another email address as you preferred sign in method, this would work so long as you can still sign in to the email address where your gamertag is associated. To know if your account is already inactive, it will display the message "Microsoft account doesn't exist" when you try to sign in on the MS page.

I hope the information helps. Feel free to post back in the community if you have other questions and we will try with the best of our knowledge to assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
  3. kucfer420 Win User

trouble with old xbox 360 profile

Thank you for your swift response!

However, to link my old email address to my hotmail account is not possible as i can only link other hotmail email addresses to my hotmail account.

I tried to recover my old email address and was informed by the email address provider that it was not only deactivated but also terminated and not recoverable as i havent used it in 10+ years.

Is there any other way to help change my old xbox live email address? Perhaps microsoft could change it manually? Given that i can verify that it is my account via Identification card, phone number or facebook as i use the same email address there as i do on my xboxlive account.
  4. c9ded3d0-ec81-40dc-8 Win User

Change email with xbox account

I don't want to link an email to my current account. Is there no way to just change the email for my Xbox account without deleting my current Microsoft account?
  5. XxLONExWULFxX Win User

Changing account associated with gamertag

Let me rephrase my question, the email linked to my xbox live account has been deleted, my new email is the one i want linked to my account, when i sign in to xbox live i see my non existing email address in the top right corner, all i want to do is change
    the Email that is linked to my account. Is there any way i can do this without creating a new account???
  6. KindGryphon Win User

How do unlink my Activision account

I want to link my Activision account Xbox account, and it is actually already linked,, but the email is a old email that was hacked from over 10 years ago, the recovery email is some random email I never have seen before. I want to change it, I have full access to my Xbox account and the email of the Xbox account, but I don’t have the activision Email that is linked to my Xbox account, so right now it’s forever linked with no way to change, which is crazy, I have full access of my Xbox account no I can’t change it? Their has to be a way, i tried activision with support tickets and that didn’t work, and I don’t know how to ask for help on Microsoft’s end.
    Only Activision would be able to help with this since the linking/unlinking process occurrs on their end so Microsoft wouldn't be able to help with this at all.
Thema:

1. My Xbox account is linked to a terminated email and I want to change it,is it possible? - Similar Threads - account linked terminated

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error....

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error....: How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error. "Failed to link, contact support." Blah blah blah. Please help! f1fa2460-00ef-46c3-a360-aa24377c382f
  4. Can I link my ps4 account to my Xbox series X if so can someone tell me

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I link my ps4 account to my Xbox series X if so can someone tell me: I want to link my ps4 account to my Xbox so I can work multiversus because I forgot the email for it 1dccdd56-4736-4ea4-be97-2a5674900109
  5. There is no Discord option o Groups and Chat (and my account is already linked)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    There is no Discord option o Groups and Chat (and my account is already linked): https://discord.com/blog/xbox-voice-integration-announcement What is shown here simply doesn't exist in my Xbox Series S Dash What i have tried: - Unlinking the account and linking it again -...
  6. Linking accounts

in XBoX on Windows
    Linking accounts: I have a Lenovo legion go and I’m having trouble with linking my Microsoft account with my Xbox account. I get to the part that asks for S/N and when I input it, it tells me that the device is...
  7. Got this pop when linking my PlayStation to my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Got this pop when linking my PlayStation to my Microsoft account: It’s call oauth and I downloaded it I do not know what it is 65e338aa-ffde-4571-a97f-664fa97ee7db
  8. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  9. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  10. Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?: My account is 15 years old but I can't link it to discord. Is there anything I can do to fix it? c55fafd9-5790-4024-bb1f-7fdfa4f47d54