My Xbox 360S won't boot up. The green light in the middle turns on then immediately off...

Discus and support My Xbox 360S won't boot up. The green light in the middle turns on then immediately off... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had it for 4 years and the only other problem I had was last year when the power supply was red. I got it replaced and it worked fine for another... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by aslamh719, Dec 26, 2015.

1. aslamh719
    aslamh719 Guest

My Xbox 360S won't boot up. The green light in the middle turns on then immediately off...

I've had it for 4 years and the only other problem I had was last year when the power supply was red. I got it replaced and it worked fine for another year. After barely playing it all for the past 4 months, I tried to turn it on but it just made the "bing"
    sound and then powered off a second later. Its kept in a well ventilated area, and only used about 2-3 times in the past 4 months.

The power supply is orange when the system is off. I opened up the power supply to clean the fan but it was already clean, so I don't think its the problem.

I checked all the USB ports multiple times carefully and the pins were all fine.

I've tried unplugging everything and plugging it back in. This has worked a few times, but the Xbox suddenly turns off after some time playing.

I plugged it into different outlets, but nothing changed.

The controller and hitting the eject button wouldn't turn it on either.

Any ideas?

:)

aslamh719, Dec 26, 2015
  2. Xbox 360E won't power on

My Xbox 360E turns off immediately after pressing the power button to turn it on. The center power light illuminates green, then goes off after a second. The power supply light is green. Any fix for this? Thanks.

GiddyPack492953, Dec 26, 2015
  3. kbflemm
    kbflemm Guest
    Solid Red lIght

Xbox E version. It's a solid light in the middle. Starts off green then as soon as the cable is plugged in there's a green ring but the middle turns red. Middle remains red.

Organising to get it repaired.

kbflemm, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

You opened your PSU? Do you wanna die? Never open a power supply. Ever. For any reason. It retains power even years after it's unplugged.

If your console is shutting off as soon as you power it on, there's an internal issue that can't be fixed and it needs to be serviced by Microsoft.

Irixion, Dec 26, 2015
  5. what worked for my is try starting it without the hard drive!

if then it turns on without problems u know the hard drive is the failure

StreetFighterX9, Dec 26, 2015
  6. aslamh719
    aslamh719 Guest
    Removing the hard drive did not work, unfortunately.

And I've seen plenty of people open up their power supply on Youtube. I only opened it up the outer black covering and closed it after seeing no dust accumulation.

Any more ideas, or do I need to get a new console?

aslamh719, Oct 31, 2018
  7. aslamh719 Win User

Removing the hard drive did not work, unfortunately.

And I've seen plenty of people open up their power supply on Youtube. I only opened it up the outer black covering and closed it after seeing no dust accumulation.

Any more ideas, or do I need to get a new console?
  8. Irixion Win User

You opened your PSU? Do you wanna die? Never open a power supply. Ever. For any reason. It retains power even years after it's unplugged.

If your console is shutting off as soon as you power it on, there's an internal issue that can't be fixed and it needs to be serviced by Microsoft.
  9. StreetFighterX9 Win User

what worked for my is try starting it without the hard drive!

if then it turns on without problems u know the hard drive is the failure
  10. kbflemm Win User

Solid Red lIght

Xbox E version. It's a solid light in the middle. Starts off green then as soon as the cable is plugged in there's a green ring but the middle turns red. Middle remains red.

Organising to get it repaired.
  11. Bluntman1138 Win User

X-box 360 wont connect to my contoller ???

Start this off with the console turned OFF, and the controller turned OFF

Press and hold the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your wireless controller until the green light flashes.

Turn on your Xbox 360 console. Press and hold the connect button next to the memory card ports on the front of your console.

Press and hold the connect button on the top of your wireless controller. Use the controller with your console once the green flashing lights on both units cease spinning.
Thema:

1. My Xbox 360S won't boot up. The green light in the middle turns on then immediately off... - Similar Threads - 360S won't boot

2. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  3. Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?: On Thursday 1-11-24 two of my xbox 360 S and my xbox 360 E stopped accessing Xbox live. I had been using daily until 1-11-24. Prior to the access failure I had made no changes to network...
  4. How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory: My xbox 360 memory had 2 out of the 4 gb used. After turning it on unused for a week it would be stuck on the xbox 360 startup. I waited for an hour and it said that there was a memory problem and...
  5. XBOX 360S PAL version won't read PAL games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360S PAL version won't read PAL games: Hello everyone, Well I guess everything is in the title, I have a PAL version of the xbox360S and it won't allow me to play PAL games (MGS HD collection and DBZ Raging blast 2). All the other...
  6. My Xbox 360s won't play disks or downloaded games after downloading oblivion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox 360s won't play disks or downloaded games after downloading oblivion: Today I finished my download for oblivion. Then after it finished I tried to play a DVD. But it didn't work so I thought the disk just wasnt compatible. But then I tried to play GTA 4 and it would...
  7. Xbox 360s controller won't connect to consule

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360s controller won't connect to consule: I'm trying to get an Xbox 360 s controller to connect to the 360 s consule. My problem is the plug is an odd shape, not usb shaped. What am I doing wrong, is there a secret plug in? Also, I have a...
  8. 360s won't boot up, just beeps. Power brick is fine!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    360s won't boot up, just beeps. Power brick is fine!!: My sons Xbox 360s won't boot up, just beeps when I press the 'power' and 'open disc tray' buttons. Power brick has orange light and this doesn't change whilst I'm pressing any of the buttons....
  9. Xbox 360s was freezing, now won't boot at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360s was freezing, now won't boot at all: OK, here's what's happened so far: In the middle of a game, after only a couple of hours (at most) of play, the game froze. We rebooted, started the game again, and again it froze. Tried again,...
  10. My 360s won't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 360s won't connect to xbox live: I have just purchased the 4gb 360s and I'm having difficulty connecting to my wifi, when I do a connection to Xbox live test it says 'can't connect to wireless network' Please help...