My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then...

Discus and support My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then it’ll go back to open tray. I have tried numerous different... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bmmbugsey, Feb 4, 2024.

1. Bmmbugsey
    Bmmbugsey Guest

My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then...

My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then it’ll go back to open tray. I have tried numerous different discs.

:)

Bmmbugsey, Feb 4, 2024
  2. BENp_936 Win User

loud moaning/groaning

does this happen with all games or just certain games and is the console laying down or is it standing up?

the reason I ask this is when I had my 360 ( I have xbox one now) when I put certain game disc's in it started to make a loud groaning/moaning sound but when I stopped playing that game and put in another disc it stopped. so if it's the one disc then maybe
    that is causing the xbox 360 to read it wrong and cause the noise.
  3. Teegster2551 Win User

Xbox 360 to Xbox One Disc Problems

I've noticed that it is just immediately after playing an Xbox 360 disc. Once I put in an Xbox One disc it sounds like the disc is being read but it just stops trying (if you understand). Xbox one discs themselves work just fine but not after 360 discs.
    I just checked out the disc troubleshooting and I will try out those fixes. I'll keep posted
  4. MarceloCanto Win User

Retrocompatibilidade [Translate] Backwards Compatible

No its fisics disc ,the digital games of 360 works ,but when i put my xbox 360 disc doesnt work doesnt read ,in my xbox one x
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Forza Horizon being read as blu ray

Are there scratches on the disc? "Decent but playable" suggests it's not exactly next to perfect.

When discs get scratched up too bad, the Xbox will definitely have trouble reading them as a proper game. I remember a similar circumstance when I tried putting in a scratched up Xbox 360 game into the Xbox 360 console, and the Xbox was thinking I put in
    a DVD movie. When launched, I'd just get a system freeze.

However, if it is "playable" as you say, I might have another idea. Are you using the regular Xbox One console? Disc read issues can occur if you are positioning the system vertically -- the optical drive is not designed to read discs vertically, and it
    is not supported by Microsoft to mount your system that way.

Hope this helps!
  6. RaymondJones_140 Win User

Batman Arkham Origins.

When I put disc one in nothing happens my xbox just sits there not reading it.
Thema:

1. My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then... - Similar Threads - 360 stopped reading

2. Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?: I recently beaten the game and came back a few days later to find that I can't connect to xbox live for some reason playing a 360 game but I dont have a problem with xbox live playing a newer game...
  3. Hi my xbox 360 has stopped working and I wanted to transfer my games on xbox one how can I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi my xbox 360 has stopped working and I wanted to transfer my games on xbox one how can I...: Hi my xbox 360 has stopped working and I wanted to transfer my games b3410750-5869-4a16-a4c8-a9d7f03850c4
  4. I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...: I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I haven't done anything except turn on the console. What can I do to gtop this?...
  5. My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working: My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working as i was using it to configure the settings for Dark Souls, i've tried everything i could, i've updated the drivers, i've checked for hardware changes....
  6. When did Microsoft stop manufacturing games and accessories for the Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    When did Microsoft stop manufacturing games and accessories for the Xbox 360?: I know that the xbox 360 stopped being manufactured in April 21 2016, but what about the xbox 360 games and controllers d56b3abe-12a6-4b0b-b791-6b7b2c5c56eb
  7. How to stop error notifications on an Xbox 360 Mega Man 10 endless attack mode

in XBoX on Windows
    How to stop error notifications on an Xbox 360 Mega Man 10 endless attack mode: When I try and play the endless attack mode in Mega Man 10, Every screen I get passed I get multiple annoying "error, not uploaded to leader board" message that covers the whole screen. It makes...
  8. 3 Xboxes, 360, XB one, XB one S of which S decided to stop reading CD’s

in XboX Insiders
    3 Xboxes, 360, XB one, XB one S of which S decided to stop reading CD’s: After recent updates, I believe they have affected my DVD drive. I have mosy digital media, but a couple of old 360 games that rarely come out of DVD sleeves. Tired several DVD 360 Games that worn...
  9. How do you stop movie narrator in XBox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you stop movie narrator in XBox 360?: All of a sudden on 2 of my 40 purchased XBox 360 movies now have a woman’s voice describing EVERYTHING that happens on screen in between dialogue and i cant stop it. Everyone else that has asked...
  10. Xbox 360 light freeze on update stop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 light freeze on update stop: Hello everyone, I have a xbox 360 light that tried to update a long time ago and it is frozen on the page (update stopped unable to read from the storage device Reinsert it to continue the update....