My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

Discus and support My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kael Fay, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Kael Fay
    Kael Fay Guest

My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light red, and it says "System Error, Please Contact Microsoft Support" also at the bottom there is "E 73" . Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is there a easy way to fix? Do I need to buy a new console?

:)

Kael Fay, Nov 29, 2023
  2. Daft Badger Win User

My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged into tv.

Even though it's an old console as you have performed self repair no one here can help.
  3. FOX 878787 Win User

My Xbox 360 Slim turns off after I turn it on.

i had my power brick on my SLIM plugged into the top outlet that is controlled by my light switch,i unplugged it and plugged it into an outlet that wasnt and it works fine. Before the light on my power brick was turning red and now its green when its on
    and orange when its off thanks guys.
  4. MIRACLExGrenade Win User

Random Disconnects and lagging out of Xbox Live Party Chat

Just as a question. Is it possible my wireless adapter is broken? I turned on my Xbox and the light was solid red and it said there were wireless networks with no signal strength, and then when I unplug it and plug it back in the light turns solid green
    and all of a sudden I have full signal strength.
  5. Br3acher 117 Win User

Unsure what's defective with my controllers and batteries

hey man try this its not official and dosent always work..

It will only start charging when you’ve left the battery pack with a “red light” charge signal. This means when you first plug in the controller, and the light on the cable connection goes red, the signal is saying that it needs to be charged. The problem
    comes when it thinks it is charged and switches off or to a green colour.

To get the red signal:

1) Plug the charging cable into the xbox, and switch the xbox on without the controller attached to the cable.

2) Plug the controller into the cable, once the dashboard has booted and you’ve signed in.

3) Wait until the cable connection light goes red, and then switch off the controller (hold down the 360 button and select “Turn Off Controller” from the menu).

4) Restart the xbox (or if you live close by to someone else with a 360, turn that console on with a cable plugged in, wait for it to boot to the dashboard, and then attach your controller – the light should stay red).

5) Plug in the controller once the dashboard has booted again.

This might be fiddly and not work every time. It’s a case of trial and error most of the time. I will keep playing about with the procedure, but for the time being this seems to work for me.

Or Try This..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKM2tABhNk8
  6. MattyKatana Win User

Xbox power supply lights Cause for xbox not turning on

MY xbox power supply shows a green light when it is plugged in the wall only (not in the console yet) when plugged in the console too it shows a green light again but here the Xbox doesn't turn on. It's fan only powers on and runs really loud (burning smell
    too). the Xbox doesn't respond. I heard when the Power brick is plugged in the wall only it needs to have an orange light not green.when plugged in the Xbox too then it goes green.

could this be caused by the power supply?
    Sounds like a power supply issue
Thema:

1. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged... - Similar Threads - 360 slim has

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet: My Xbox 360 Slim has never connected to my internet, I want to fix it. when I go to the network setup, it connects to the Wi-Fi router, but fails to connect to the internet in the second step. I...
  4. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  5. My X-Box 360 slim has a solid red light.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My X-Box 360 slim has a solid red light.: My xbox 360 slime has a solid red light. The fan seems to turn on but doesnt spin. Is there any way to fix it? Its also not showing any picture on my tv. 8bacd4cf-68e7-4306-b4a1-49aa5bd89f47
  6. Problem with router password that has special characters. Xbox 360 (slim, 250gb, internal ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with router password that has special characters. Xbox 360 (slim, 250gb, internal ...: Hey guys, my son is having a problem connecting to my WiFi router because (he says) that the xbox 360 will NOT recognize special charactersin a password. This seems to me to be a strange mistake...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on: hi, So I accidentally spilled a drink on my xbox 360 slim. So at first the system fans shut off and the video stopped displaying. Then the power button turned red and stayed red. So I let the...
  8. I found an Xbox 360 Slim but it has Family Setting On

in XBoX on Consoles
    I found an Xbox 360 Slim but it has Family Setting On: I found an Xbox 360 slim but it has Family Setting On, how I reset it? Please reply quick. 0ad091c8-93a6-4609-9375-6ff7b091036b
  9. Bought Xbox 360 Slim 250gb Second Hand, Has Family Settings On, With 4-digit Pass Code, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought Xbox 360 Slim 250gb Second Hand, Has Family Settings On, With 4-digit Pass Code, ...: Hey there, I don't really know where to post this kind of question to forums, as I've never posted here before. But basically I bought a xbox 360 slim 250gb console second-hand, and it has family...
  10. xbox 360 slim has LOUD chirping sounds through speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim has LOUD chirping sounds through speakers: Loud chirping sounds through 7,1 home theatre speakers. Xbox 360 ONLY, all other peripherals are fine (PS3, DVD player, TV etc) Connect to reciever via hdmi. Have substituted cables and ports no...