My Xbox 360 seems to be working but, the constant beeping is what I am worried about.

Discus and support My Xbox 360 seems to be working but, the constant beeping is what I am worried about. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 works fine... water damage is not the problem. It is in top class condition. The beeping I hear comes from the Xbox and has been going on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheTerminator74, Apr 25, 2017.

1. My Xbox 360 seems to be working but, the constant beeping is what I am worried about.

My Xbox 360 works fine... water damage is not the problem. It is in top class condition. The beeping I hear comes from the Xbox and has been going on for some time now. Thought that beeps would stop but has not. Xbox beeps at night, all day, and even when
    I am playing it. There is no indication of blinking lights just a beep. The beep is similar to the beep of the disc eject. It is rather annoying and would appreciate help from anyone at this point. I have to resort to disconnecting the power cod so that it
    would stop.

:)

TheTerminator74, Apr 25, 2017
  2. My Xbox One is not turning on...

So my Xbox One will not turn on... I have tried everything and nothing is working. The controller turns on, and the several power outlets I have tried have all worked with my other electronics, so I know that it must be my console. The other thing that
    bothers me is the constant, low beeping sound coming from my Xbox whenever it's plugged in. Most people on the internet will say that they hear the beeping when they press the button, but nothing will happen. I hear a different beep inside of the Xbox all
    the time. Does that mean that the battery is dying??? What should I do?

DarkishHalo8293, Apr 25, 2017
  3. Xbox One beeping

Hi all, having probs with my xbox one. It seems to be working fine, but has moments of beeping for a minute or two before settling down...any ideas ?

Thanks in advance My Xbox 360 seems to be working but, the constant beeping is what I am worried about. :)

David McKenna, Apr 25, 2017
  4. My Xbox 360 seems to be working but, the constant beeping is what I am worried about.

Hey there, Terminator!

I'm sorry to see any sound issues on your Xbox 360! Is there a specific reason why the water damage was mentioned? Was the console exposed to water or liquid that could have affected its performance? If so, then we would not be able to fully assist with
    the sound issue until the console was repaired or replaced, and our service center would not repair it due to the damage.

However, if there has been no water damage at all, then you will want to remove the face plate on the 360 to ensure there's nothing stuck behind the button that could be causing the chime to go off.

Let me know how this works! I'm happy to help where I can. My Xbox 360 seems to be working but, the constant beeping is what I am worried about. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, May 2, 2017
  5. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    As Misses Quinzel already said, it's odd that you specifically mention water damage.

Since you say the console beeps as if the eject button is pressed, I assume you have the Xbox 360 S model with the sensor buttons.

That sensor button works like those touch screens on smartphones. If a conductive resistance on the sensor changes, it is registered as a button press with a (more or less) conductive material, like a human finger.

However, also dirt, natural oils from the skin, or artificial oils/fats like hand lotion, or residue from spilled and dried water can affect that sensor button, so it registers a contact on the surface, even if you don't press the button with your finger.

Try the following: Use a spray bottle to GENTLY moisten a microfibre cloth. DO NOT SPRAY ON THE CONSOLE!!! The cloth should not be wet, it should just be a little bit damp.

Unplug the console, and rub the cloth over the eject sensor button. Then rub the button dry.

See if that resolves the beeping.

Arminator, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Arminator Win User

My Xbox 360 seems to be working but, the constant beeping is what I am worried about.

As Misses Quinzel already said, it's odd that you specifically mention water damage.

Since you say the console beeps as if the eject button is pressed, I assume you have the Xbox 360 S model with the sensor buttons.

That sensor button works like those touch screens on smartphones. If a conductive resistance on the sensor changes, it is registered as a button press with a (more or less) conductive material, like a human finger.

However, also dirt, natural oils from the skin, or artificial oils/fats like hand lotion, or residue from spilled and dried water can affect that sensor button, so it registers a contact on the surface, even if you don't press the button with your finger.

Try the following: Use a spray bottle to GENTLY moisten a microfibre cloth. DO NOT SPRAY ON THE CONSOLE!!! The cloth should not be wet, it should just be a little bit damp.

Unplug the console, and rub the cloth over the eject sensor button. Then rub the button dry.

See if that resolves the beeping.
  7. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, Terminator!

I'm sorry to see any sound issues on your Xbox 360! Is there a specific reason why the water damage was mentioned? Was the console exposed to water or liquid that could have affected its performance? If so, then we would not be able to fully assist with
    the sound issue until the console was repaired or replaced, and our service center would not repair it due to the damage.

However, if there has been no water damage at all, then you will want to remove the face plate on the 360 to ensure there's nothing stuck behind the button that could be causing the chime to go off.

Let me know how this works! I'm happy to help where I can. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.
  8. Achaiah-040A6997-E54 Win User

Xbox Slim will turn off at random...

My xbox 360 slim will do something similar. It seems to beep at random times, the beep sound is the same as the eject or on/off sound. Most of the time the xbox will stay on and have no problems however sometimes it will just turn off or the disk tray will
    open. I really want to know what is causing this! Haha. If the brick is not unplugged then the xbox will turn itself on and open the disk tray by itself, also randomly. The most worrying thing for me is that it makes the noise at random in and out of game
    play and seems to be harmless except for the few times its opened the disk drive.
  9. skys7 Win User

Finally some good news for xbox rumors, no DRM, plays used games and more

There are already Kinects in TVs. I am sure a integrated Kinect would work.

A Xbox Mini? We will see. I am more excited for the new games then to make sure I can play my old ones.

I mean I still have my 360 so I don´t need to worry about that.

We will see what is true about this rumors :D

But at least this seems to be a rumor a lot of people could live with.
  10. P2K Vektor Win User

Xbox 360 Pro Beeping While Running Discs

I am 100% sure that the games are installed. Every time I get a new game, the first thing I do is install it to the hard drive. Also, it's not squeaking, it's making a faint, constant beeping noise. It's not a long beep either, each beep only lasts for a
    portion of a second.
Thema:

1. My Xbox 360 seems to be working but, the constant beeping is what I am worried about. - Similar Threads - 360 seems working

2. i seem to have lost all my rank and squad points CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS XBOX 360 multiplayer...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i seem to have lost all my rank and squad points CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS XBOX 360 multiplayer...: i seem to have lost all my rank and squad points CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS XBOX 360 multiplayer how to get them back??? 5efd4619-ba16-4e87-927b-2feab96adf3c
  3. I have gamepass and can't seem to access it on my Xbox 360, in fact I can't even locate it,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have gamepass and can't seem to access it on my Xbox 360, in fact I can't even locate it,...: I have gamepass and can't seem to access it on my Xbox 360, in fact I can't even locate it, it acts like I only have Xbox live 2740d81e-11c9-460e-8adf-8b88275d150e
  4. Every 360 era game seemingly stays open when played

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every 360 era game seemingly stays open when played: This is out of genuine confusion. Anytime I play any 360 era game such as Asura’s Wrath or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance my Xbox Series S keeps showing me as playing that game, even if it is...
  5. Recently changed my gamertag on the Xbox 360, now I seem to have two gamertags. Help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recently changed my gamertag on the Xbox 360, now I seem to have two gamertags. Help?: As the title suggests I'm having a bit of a problem with this weird inconsistency of seeing my 360 gamertag in almost every game I play which is exactly what I want, what I don't want is seeing...
  6. I cannot seem to find "Browse Apps" on xbox 360 dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot seem to find "Browse Apps" on xbox 360 dashboard: I am trying to get Netflix and youtube, but when I log in to my Xbox live account the browse apps button disappears and there is only: "Home", "Social", "Games & Apps" and "Settings". However if...
  7. I cant seem to find "App Store" on mine xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant seem to find "App Store" on mine xbox 360: I cant seem to find "App Store" on mine xbox 360 please help since microsoft deleted all the sites wich lead to xbox 360 support and help If Microsoft Responds please help me fix it...
  8. Cannot seem to download Xbox 360 games from the Microsoft Store (You have no valid payment...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Cannot seem to download Xbox 360 games from the Microsoft Store (You have no valid payment...: Whenever I try to purchase an Xbox 360 game, or an original Xbox game, I can't because I'm always met with "You have no valid payment options on file". However, I already have a card on file and...
  9. Can't seem to download the original Burnout: Paradise from the Xbox store? (Xbox 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't seem to download the original Burnout: Paradise from the Xbox store? (Xbox 360): Hey all! About a year ago I claimed Burnout: Paradise through games with gold, I've also downloaded and played it before. Now I'm trying to re-download it, but instead of "Download again..." the...
  10. My lads don't seem to be able to enter multi-player mode on Minecraft 360 version, online or ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My lads don't seem to be able to enter multi-player mode on Minecraft 360 version, online or ...: my lads can't play each other on the 360 version of minecraft either online or via local disc. Can't see anything obvious in settings, tried another disc, other games work, any thoughts?...