My Xbox 360 has connection issues to Xbox Live

Discus and support My Xbox 360 has connection issues to Xbox Live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a Linksys EA7500 wireless/wired router and upgraded from a much older model that finally died after a good 10+ years of use. This new router... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GULLYDWARF MUN, Mar 26, 2019.

1. My Xbox 360 has connection issues to Xbox Live

I bought a Linksys EA7500 wireless/wired router and upgraded from a much older model that finally died after a good 10+ years of use. This new router works fine for my cell phones, my laptops, my desktops everything EXCEPT my xbox360.
    I have gone through every single guide and tech support forum and everything else Xbox has online. The console is WIRED to my router directly and will connect to the network, it will connect to the internet and to Xbox Live, but afterwards I get an error
    message stating the following:

"Connection Warning: You can connect to Xbox Live, but your current network configuration may limit your ability to join multiplayer game or hear (or be heard by) other people in your party. Lets try to fix this."

And I go through all those steps and many many many many more online trying to everything the other guy on here made mention of as well as going as far as to replace the Ethernet cable to see if that was the issue to buying a second Xbox 360 and seeing if a
    NEW console would help and it also gets the same error message. I know its not the router as the router works for EVERY OTHER DEVICE IN THE HOUSE except the Xbox 360s.

Can you PLEASE find some solution to this? I can not play games correctly, I can not use netflix, I can not use crunchyroll or any other media viewing platform either.

:)

GULLYDWARF MUN, Mar 26, 2019
  2. HeathenFoil Win User

How to transfer Offline XBOX 360 Profile to XBOX One?

That's the issue - The gamertag I used on my XBOX 360 does not have an associated Microsoft Account or Email. It was an Offline XBOX 360 -- never connected it to XBOX Live. The gamertag has always been offline.
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello GULLYDWARF,

I'm sure you can understand that when we hear "We've tried everything", its hard to know whether the correct troubleshooting step has been performed, or if the right article has been reviewed. Since we don't know exactly what's been done, we try to recommend
    what we believe could resolve the issue.

So I went ahead and compiled a list of all troubleshooting I can see you have tried. based on what you have told us :

• power cycled console and network devices
    • reset console to factory defaults
    • Forwarded ports, and then undid them
    • Bought a brand new Xbox 360, same issue
    • Changed ethernet cable
    • Reset network settings to factory defaults on 360

We'll do our best to recommend troubleshooting steps that you have not done.

So since the issue started when you got a new router, we can start by making sure everything is set up correctly. UPnP is a setting in your router that should be turned on for better performance. This setting is not turned on by default in some routers.
    You can also start by lowering the firewall settings.

Note that after changing any settings in the router, you will have to unplug your router for about 30 seconds for the settings to apply. For assistance with your in router settings, refer to your owners manual or
    Linksys support.
  4. zmaster2XXX Win User

5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Gully,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue and creating a new thread. Sounds like the issue is the NAT type for the 360. Unfortunately, you are unable to view it like on the Xbox one. Have you tried

restoring to factory default the network settings
    ? If not, try this and let us know.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Hey Gullydwarf,

I would recommend trying to turn off the firewall completely, only to test out the console immediately after. If you notice that the issue is gone, then we can turn it back on, but at a lower setting. From my routers settings I get the basic High, Medium,
    Low settings for my firewall. I'm hoping yours has something similar?

Another thing to test would be the DNS settings. Updating the DNS configuration in an Xbox helps solve issues involved with video streaming, along with using the internet browser. Try this out :

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, select Settings, and select
      System Settings.
    2. Select Network Settings.
    3. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network when the network list is displayed.
    4. Select Configure Network.
    5. Go to your DNS settings and enter these manual DNS numbers
    Primary DNS - 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS - 8.8.4.4

Save the settings, then restart the console.

I have some more things to try, but I'm curious to know the results of these tests. Let us know the results!
Thema:

1. My Xbox 360 has connection issues to Xbox Live - Similar Threads - 360 has connection

2. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  3. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...: I'm really curious if I can replace the Xbox series x hard drive with the Xbox 360 hard drive to play Xbox 360 games 6f9f477b-cc97-4697-af8b-5c4827b1134a
  4. So My Xbox 360 S (Model 250 G) Has BROKEN Graphics, and I don't want to send it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So My Xbox 360 S (Model 250 G) Has BROKEN Graphics, and I don't want to send it to...: I took it apart and there was nothing but the necessary things so I said "well, that is a broken HDMI port 95b9a624-d368-4269-81c0-89f1f46b5c7a
  5. I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....: Xbox 360 2006 model takes a different kind of PSU than all those after 2006. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated. Where can I find a PSU for it? MFG data 2006 - 10 - 18....
  6. Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?: Has the movies and tv app already been shut down? It hasn't launched since November... 98836086-71d6-4bd2-9a38-b26c8a0a4e54
  7. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  8. i can't connect my controler to my pc is a 360 and it has the bluetooth buttom and it...

in XboX Insiders
    i can't connect my controler to my pc is a 360 and it has the bluetooth buttom and it...: can some one help me with that please? submitted by /u/zippyswings62 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox 360 has internet but can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 has internet but can't connect to xbox live: I bought a second hand orignal xbox 360 its plugged into via ethernet cable my arris xfinity router during the test it has internet gets 30% through the xbox live bar and than says it fails.please...
  10. Xbox 360 won't connect to any games even though it has gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't connect to any games even though it has gold: Hi guys, I'm having a weird problem: I've recently started playing on my 360 again and everything is working just fine but when I try to connect to an online game (be it server based or peer 2...