My Xbox 360 has a solid red light and won't turn on

Discus and support My Xbox 360 has a solid red light and won't turn on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 has a solid red light and won't turn on. I've tried two different power cords. Is there anything I can do or is it just done?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shane_Curtis, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Shane_Curtis
    Shane_Curtis Guest

My Xbox 360 has a solid red light and won't turn on. I've tried two different power cords. Is there anything I can do or is it just done?

:)

Shane_Curtis, Aug 9, 2019
  2. redhairanomaly Win User

Hello Shane,

Unfortunately this is what many people in the xbox community have nicknamed as the “red ring of death”. This usually means that something internally is not functioning properly. Sometimes this light will go off when nothing is actually wrong, but since
    you are saying that the console wont turn on, I’m sorry to say but you might just need to get a new console. Another option would be to take it to a local hardware store to fix it, but you could also upgrade to one of the newer xbox systems which have xbox
    360 backward compatable games. If you would like like to look at the list of current xbox 360 backward compatable games here is the link to Microsoft’s list: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility I
    wish you the best and hope you are able to make the best of this issue

kind regards,

3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Shane,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. We recommend going over the

flashing light solution
    and see if any of them help. If not then most likely the console will need to be replaced. We no longer support repairs on the Xbox 360 or original Xbox one consoles. Make sure you are also plugging the power cords directly into
    a wall outlet.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. {Parity} Win User

That is typical of an internal hardware failure. You will have to get it repaired or replaced.
  5. blueamcat Win User

6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. The red light is usually associated with a hardware issue. You should check at https://devicesupport.microsoft.com to see if your console is eligible for a repair. However, you may want to consider a newer console. The 360's are no
    longer being manufactured but you may still find some in your local gaming store. If you decide to move on to an Xbox One there are some 360 games that are backwards compatible
Thema:

1. My Xbox 360 has a solid red light and won't turn on - Similar Threads - 360 has solid

2. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  3. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...: I'm really curious if I can replace the Xbox series x hard drive with the Xbox 360 hard drive to play Xbox 360 games 6f9f477b-cc97-4697-af8b-5c4827b1134a
  4. So My Xbox 360 S (Model 250 G) Has BROKEN Graphics, and I don't want to send it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So My Xbox 360 S (Model 250 G) Has BROKEN Graphics, and I don't want to send it to...: I took it apart and there was nothing but the necessary things so I said "well, that is a broken HDMI port 95b9a624-d368-4269-81c0-89f1f46b5c7a
  5. I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....: Xbox 360 2006 model takes a different kind of PSU than all those after 2006. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated. Where can I find a PSU for it? MFG data 2006 - 10 - 18....
  6. Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?: Has the movies and tv app already been shut down? It hasn't launched since November... 98836086-71d6-4bd2-9a38-b26c8a0a4e54
  7. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  8. Has Xbox fixed the "no active gamer profile" error when trying to play Xbox 360 games on a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Has Xbox fixed the "no active gamer profile" error when trying to play Xbox 360 games on a...: I have searched for a few hours now to try and fix this and nothing has worked. I have played with the IP and DNS settings followed by console restart. I have signed out and restarted my console...
  9. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  10. My X-Box 360 slim has a solid red light.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My X-Box 360 slim has a solid red light.: My xbox 360 slime has a solid red light. The fan seems to turn on but doesnt spin. Is there any way to fix it? Its also not showing any picture on my tv. 8bacd4cf-68e7-4306-b4a1-49aa5bd89f47