My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s

Discus and support My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I found my Xbox 360 2 of them it could connect to the original one but it won’t connect to the slim one *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SuraTerefe, Jan 11, 2024.

1. SuraTerefe
    SuraTerefe Guest

I found my Xbox 360 2 of them it could connect to the original one but it won’t connect to the slim one

*Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and network / Other*

:)

SuraTerefe, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble connecting your Xbox 360 controller to your Xbox 360 S. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that your Xbox 360 S is turned on and that the controller is within range (about 30 feet) of the console.

2. Press the Xbox button on the controller to turn it on. If the controller doesn't turn on, try replacing the batteries or charging the battery pack.

3. Press and hold the connect button on the front of the Xbox 360 S console until the ring around the power button starts flashing.

4. Press and hold the connect button on the top of the controller until the Xbox button starts flashing.

5. Wait for the controller and console to sync up. The Xbox button on the controller should stop flashing and stay lit, indicating that the controller is connected.

If these steps don't work, you may need to try resetting your Xbox 360 S console or replacing the controller. I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Difficult connection of the pad at the console.

5. davemcfly85 Win User

Way to open did tray in game without using the eject button?

Connect the Xbox 360 controller that you want to use to the Xbox 360 and turn on the Xbox 360.

Scroll to the "My Xbox" option on the Xbox 360's main menu.

Press the "A" button. This will immediately open the Xbox 360 disc drive. If a game is already in the Xbox 360, you will need to press the "X" button instead.
  6. RainingRoses Win User

how do you turn on xbox 360 wireless controller

Hi,

Powering on Xbox 360 controllers is the same as powering on a Xbox One controller - press the guide button until it flashes green. The guide button is silver on Xbox 360 controllers and white on Xbox One/Series X|S controllers.

Support guides for Xbox 360 controllers can all be found on the Xbox Support website (https://support.xbox.com) simply by typing ‘Xbox 360 controller’ into the search box. I’ve added them here though, to refer to.

How to turn on/off your Xbox 360 console and wireless controller

And for wired controllers:

Connect a controller to your Xbox 360

More Xbox 360 controller guides:

Xbox 360 wired and wireless controllers

Set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller disconnects or can’t connect

How to replace the batteries in your Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

For help with a Xbox One/Series X|S controller (I understand you’re enquiring about Xbox 360, but I’ve also included the guides for Xbox One in case needed, and to help others):

Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to your console

Get to know your Xbox One Wireless Controller

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller

This applies to both Xbox One/Series X|S and Xbox 360 controllers:

If the controller light is flashing and doesn’t eventually turn to a solid colour, then this means something is preventing it from connecting/powering on (it’s possible it could be all these factors and reasons so be sure to consider this and verify everything):

1. You need to replace the batteries.

2. It’s out of range from your console - try moving closer.

3. It’s not synced to your specific console - try resyncing it, referring to the guides above. The re-sync should be instant but can take a few seconds.

4. The console is off (if the controller is synced to your console, then the power supply would be disconnected, as turning on the controller automatically turns on the console).

Sometimes the light is incorrectly flashing (indicating that it’s resyncing even when it isn’t), although if the controller is working okay, then you can ignore the blinking light - you may want to restart your console if this persists.

Hope this helps! :)
Thema:

1. My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s - Similar Threads - 360 controller isn’t

2. Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation: I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical movement of the analogue sticks to the in-game...
  3. Xbox 360 controller not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller not working: I'm using the Xbox 360 controller with the Play & Charge Kit, plugged in via a USB 2.0 port. However, despite showing up in Device Manager, nothing happens if I press the logo or try to use it...
  4. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  5. Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls: So recently I been downloading more 360 games to play and this never happened to me til now. A few games I downloaded, the controls were just inverted by default with no change to the settings at...
  6. Xbox 360 controller does not sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller does not sync: I just bought an play & charge kit for my xbox 360 controller, when I plugged it in on my 3.0 and 2.0 usb ports windows reproduces the sound of a new device connected and even shows correctly the...
  7. My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers: Hey, maybe someone can help me: I do own two original Xbox 360 controllers, one wired (fully wired, not "plug and charge"), one wireless. Both have previously worked with my PC, but recently...
  8. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  9. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  10. My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s: I found my Xbox 360 2 of them it could connect to the original one but it won’t connect to the slim one 79dfaf96-464e-4334-bb20-93d672d6f192