my x box game bar isn't recording the audio

Discus and support my x box game bar isn't recording the audio in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; having trouble getting the x box game bar to record audio during the actual recordings. 9db7dc96-4f8a-4930-b6a7-10def286fb78 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Demetrius Davis, Sep 22, 2023.

1. my x box game bar isn't recording the audio

having trouble getting the x box game bar to record audio during the actual recordings.

:)

Demetrius Davis, Sep 22, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

4. John Matthew07 Win User

Hello,

Did you check the audio settings in the Xbox settings?

[​IMG]
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello Demetrius Davis,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble with the Xbox Game bar audio recording. There are a few possible reasons why this might happen, and some steps you can try to fix it.

First, make sure that your microphone and speakers are set as the default devices in Windows settings. To do this, go to Settings > System > Sound and select the devices you want to use under Input and Output. You can also test your microphone and speakers there to make sure they are working properly.

Second, check the Xbox Game bar settings and make sure that the audio recording is enabled and configured correctly. To do this, press Windows + G to open the Xbox Game bar, then click on the Settings icon on the top right corner. Under Capture, make sure that Record game audio is turned on, and adjust the audio quality and volume as needed. You can also choose whether to record your own voice or not.

Third, if the problem persists, you may need to update your audio drivers or reinstall the Xbox Game bar app. To update your audio drivers, go to Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers, right-click on your audio device and select Update driver. To reinstall the Xbox Game bar app, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features, find Xbox Game bar in the list and click on Uninstall. Then, go to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game bar and install it again.

Please see: Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Hi Mbathula,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. my x box game bar isn't recording the audio - Similar Threads - box game bar

2. My x-box game bar capture option just dissapear, how do i fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My x-box game bar capture option just dissapear, how do i fix it?: I tried to upload a jpeg and png file but its just said that something went wrong so I cant show you the picture. But anyway, for some reason my xbox game bar just wont capture and when I go into...
  3. How do I minimize a pinned dialogue box in the Xbox chat from the game bar? It’s blocking...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I minimize a pinned dialogue box in the Xbox chat from the game bar? It’s blocking...: using a windows 11 (pc) and the Xbox game bar to chat in Xbox. They only way it will allow me to use a microphone is to open a dialogue box and then pin it. But when I do that the dialogue box...
  4. box game bar error 0x82323671 when WebEx session is active

in XBoX on Windows
    box game bar error 0x82323671 when WebEx session is active: It is impossible to record with the recording tool offered by Xbox if there is a WebEx cisco session active. Before the update of Window 11, it was possible to record the live session on Cisco...
  5. Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay: I was trying to record my gameplay on a steam game with my Blue Yeti, but found after I recorded there was an audio delay. I tried just about everything, from updating my canary insider to the...
  6. why wont forza horizon 5 let me log in with x box game bar?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why wont forza horizon 5 let me log in with x box game bar?: [img] i need help pls be very spiffic so i can understand things thx. a36121ec-12db-4f9d-84c2-d9e287a72ebd
  7. How do I uninstall X box game bar app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I uninstall X box game bar app?: I did not install x box game bar on my computer but its been recently popping up upon start. I went to uninstall the program and it is not allowing me to (the uninstall button is grey and not...
  8. X-BOX game bar doesnt record my voice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X-BOX game bar doesnt record my voice: Hi, I like to use xbox game bars option to record last 30 seconds of my screen and audio, but my michrophone audio never gets recorded. If I try to record using alt+r then if I press on...
  9. Xbox Controller Elite on Windows 11 opens Game Bar when pressing "A" button and "x box" key...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Controller Elite on Windows 11 opens Game Bar when pressing "A" button and "x box" key...: Hi I have seen this problem in the forum but have been unable to find a solution that works. My new Xbox Elite controller always opens Game Bar when I hit the "A" button. I have checked the Game...
  10. No audio from microphone in x box game bar clips

in XBoX on Windows
    No audio from microphone in x box game bar clips: When i record a clip through xbox game bar i cant hear my voice from mic, but I can hear my friends from discord and game sounds and other stuff. In the past sometimes I could hear myself and...