My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s...

Discus and support My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This has happened once before and I did try doing a hard reset on it which I think fixed it the first time, but this time it’s not working. It’s been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FauxData236411, Oct 27, 2023.

1. My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s...

This has happened once before and I did try doing a hard reset on it which I think fixed it the first time, but this time it’s not working. It’s been discharged for a few months but last time I charged it it worked fine. But recently my other wireless Xbox headset broke and so I tried to turn this one on to use it but it’s just not working and I’m out of ideas.

:)

FauxData236411, Oct 27, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s not plugged in what should I do?

Hi FauxData236411,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble with your wireless Xbox headset. I'll be happy to assist you with this issue.

Firstly, please ensure that your headset is fully charged and turned on. If the headset is not turning on, try resetting it by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until the LED light flashes.

Next, please check that your headset is properly paired with your Xbox console. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.

3. Select your headset from the list of devices and select Pair.

If your headset is already paired but still not working, try unpairing and then re-pairing it with your console. To do this, follow these steps:

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.

3. Select your headset from the list of devices and select Unpair.

4. Turn off your headset and then turn it back on.

5. Follow the pairing steps above to re-pair your headset with your console.

If your headset is still not working after trying the above steps, please try updating your Xbox console and controller firmware to the latest version. To do this, follow these steps:

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates & downloads.

3. Select Console update available or controller update available, if applicable.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to update your console or controller firmware.

If none of the above steps work, please visit this support article to have further information: Learn more: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox Support

I hope the steps will help you to resolve your issue. We look forward for your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. edwarplayO Win User

I have an Xbox series 2 elite controller. That controller will not stay synced to the consul, and the charging port in the front is not working.

And it will not pair with the Xbox. It won’t stay paired unless it’s plugged in.
  4. Smartin_22 Win User

Wireless network not connecting to internet

It’s an Xbox One console and yes it does display my wireless network’s name but it won’t connect with it. No codes or error messages come up. It just says it can’t connect to my wireless network and to try unplugging my router/modem for 30 seconds and
    then plug it back in which I have done several times and it still won’t connect.
  5. ZeroAltControl Win User

Controller Idle Shutoff Timer

Now I haven’t tested it, yet, but I understand that the controller won’t time out when watching a movie or Netflix with a headset plugged in. This would mean it’s gotta be situational, right? As previously stated, the game has to register the controller as active or it throws an error, so a wireless headset doesn’t help me, because the controller will still time out.
  6. Hyper x Vacuumz Win User

Charging phone with XBOX

I agree. I hate having to plug my phone in across the room because it won’t charge when it is connected to my xbox.
Thema:

My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s...

1. My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s... - Similar Threads - wireless headset won’t

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  4. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  5. Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello everyone, I'm turning to this community for assistance with a voice quality issue that's been plaguing me. I have my Samsung Galaxy A54 and Xbox Series X connected to my Xbox wireless...
  6. Wireless headset turns on, blinks and turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset turns on, blinks and turns off: Hey I was wondering if anyone has any tips for hie to fix this issue To explain it in more detail: The headset turn on audio is heard and light turns white once green button is pressed in the...
  7. Xbox wireless headset won’t charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset won’t charge: I just bought this wireless headset a little more than 30 days ago so now I can’t return it to the store and when I looked up the serial number on Microsoft account it says that the warranty on...
  8. Why won’t my Xbox wireless headset charge?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox wireless headset charge?: The headset connects just fine but one morning i put it on the charger and it just didn’t charge, I’ve tried the hard reset, connecting it somewhere else, checking if there was a firmware update...
  9. Xbox Wireless headset won’t turn off and keeps turning my Xbox on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset won’t turn off and keeps turning my Xbox on.: I’ve never had this problem before, but the same day I update my Xbox wireless headset, I am not able to turn it off. I tried turning it off after playin for a while and the light stayed on but...
  10. Wireless headset won’t assign itself

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless headset won’t assign itself: So I’m on the current Alpha-Skip build and use a RIG 800 wireless headset. Every time I boot up my console the headset assigns itself for audio but for chat I have to always go into the...