My wireless Xbox controller won’t work without being plugged in, and my brand new one won’t...

Discus and support My wireless Xbox controller won’t work without being plugged in, and my brand new one won’t... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, For the past six or so months I have been using an Xbox series S controller which unfortunately stopped working wirelessly. I tried to see if... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Martin Scorsin, Jul 26, 2023.

1. My wireless Xbox controller won’t work without being plugged in, and my brand new one won’t...

Hello,

For the past six or so months I have been using an Xbox series S controller which unfortunately stopped working wirelessly. I tried to see if there was a way to fix it but I came up short. This hasn’t bothered me so much, but I have just purchased a brand new controller, thinking I would at least have one that works wirelessly, but the problem persists with this one too. There is no way the new one has any sort of issues, or at least not from my end. I have tried checking to see that they’re updated which they are, so I’m stumped. What can I do? Please let me know, thank you.

Kindest regards,

:)

Martin Scorsin, Jul 26, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

My wireless Xbox controller won’t work without being plugged in, and my brand new one won’t either.

Hello Martin, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I’m sorry to hear you’re not able to use your controller wireless. Based on your description, it’s likely a hardware issue.

However, I would like to ask if you tried to connect your controller to another console, or to a mobile phone or PC via Bluetooth connection?

Is the controller recognized, not at all, or only via Bluetooth besides with a wired connection?
  3. Smartin_22 Win User

Wireless network not connecting to internet

It’s an Xbox One console and yes it does display my wireless network’s name but it won’t connect with it. No codes or error messages come up. It just says it can’t connect to my wireless network and to try unplugging my router/modem for 30 seconds and
    then plug it back in which I have done several times and it still won’t connect.
  4. BenWall Cooke Win User

Xbox elite 2 not working

I definitely think it’s the new firmware aswell because when I plug it into my pc and I tried to fix it with the accessories app it said it didn’t recognise the controller with the new firmware. I tried plugging it into my Xbox the other day and it said it needed a controller update but then my controller wouldn’t work so I couldn’t update it. My controller now works occasionally if I plug it in to my pc after I open a game but if I unplug the controller or turn off the of my controller won’t work for another 24hours
  5. JDRColegio Win User

Controller gets stuck

What type of problem are you having with your controller?

MY CONTROLLER WON’T CONNECT TO MY CONSOLE OR PC -> it doesn't apply. the controller does connect to my pc

I CAN’T UPDATE MY CONTROLLER -> it doesn't apply. Xbox Accessories says it is up to date

MY CONTROLLER DOESN’T FUNCTION CORRECTLY -> somehow it doesn't. let's take this option

MY CONTROLLER WON’T POWER ON -> it doesn't apply. the controller does power on

SOME OR ALL OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AT ALL -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work correctly

SOME OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AS EXPECTED -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work as expected.

so:
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution
    doesn't have an option for the "stops working" symptom
  6. THOMAS WARWICK1 Win User

Controller not working on pc

It’s the newest Xbox controller.

My old Xbox controller worked via a usb cable but this new one won’t.

Both controllers official Xbox

Thank you for your reply. Is it the new controller that doesn’t work on windows 10? That’s a shame I’ve bought a new controller for nothing 😪
Thema:

My wireless Xbox controller won’t work without being plugged in, and my brand new one won’t...

1. My wireless Xbox controller won’t work without being plugged in, and my brand new one won’t... - Similar Threads - wireless controller won’t

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  5. xbox wireless controller problem

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless controller problem: my xbox wireless controller cant disconnect on my pc. ive been having this issue for like 2 months on my pc now. the surprising thing is that when i try to connect the controller on my laptop, it...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  7. my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc: Hello. I have juts had this issue where my controller juts randomly disconnected from my pc. it's still pairing with the wireless adaptor i have put i just doesn't work with any games or is not...
  8. cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc

in XBoX on Windows
    cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc: bought a wireless jaguar xbox one, rockband 4 guitar. im trying to use it for fortnite but it wont connect to my pc. ive updated the driver on the guitar so it can work but it doesnt. i bought a...
  9. My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all: I have fully charged batteries and have hard reset my controller and Xbox I also tried it with a different Xbox and it did not work a8ec90cf-7511-4aaf-a7c3-ad48c8068c18
  10. Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?: I have a new Microsoft Wireless USB for windows 10. It seems to light and flash when pressing the button. On the other hand, my Xbox controller can't connect to the USB instantly. I tried hard...