My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...

Discus and support My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When using the headset, it works fine with no issue I tilt my head to the left slightly and it chat mixer just goes completely to the game audio side... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PossiblyJay JJ, Sep 7, 2023.

1. My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...

When using the headset, it works fine with no issue I tilt my head to the left slightly and it chat mixer just goes completely to the game audio side and mutes the party, this is a new issue for me, the headset is about 9 months old, is there some kind of way to override the dials and just control the mixer normally?

:)

PossiblyJay JJ, Sep 7, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a certain way, fix?

Hello PossiblyJay JJ,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a certain way, fix?

Hello PossiblyJay JJ,

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are experiencing an issue with your wireless headset's where the chat mixer dial does not function properly when your head is tilted a certain way. No worries, we'll work on this together in a timely manner.

Before we proceed, I will be asking you few questions that would help us further understand the concern we have:

• May I have the make and model of your headset?
    • What is the operating system and version of your computer or gaming console?
    • Was this working before?
    In the meantime, I would suggest checking if the headset is properly connected to the Xbox controller. Make sure that the headset is securely plugged into the controller's audio jack. If the issue persists, try resetting the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for about 10 seconds until the controller turns off. Then, turn on the controller again and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue still persists, you can try updating the controller's firmware. To do this, connect the controller to your Xbox console using a USB cable and follow the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.

3. Select the controller you want to update.

4. Select Device info > Firmware version.

5. If there's a newer version available, select Install now.

If none of the above steps work, please let me know.

I still hope this information helps you resolve the issue with your wireless headset's chat mixer dial. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. MarkPeterson7 Win User

Disable Game Audio on headset for Xbox one

I assume there has been an update, as I can not see/find a chat mixer that allows me to hear chat only in my wireless headset--- is there any other method to use to adjust headset to chat only?
  5. Frathos Win User

I cant access my chat mixer its just greyed out and I cant do anything

Are you using a wireless headset like Astro A50? If so then you have to use the physical chat mixer that is built in to the headset as the console guide chat mixer will be greyed out.

Good luck!
  6. Nuggin Bumplies Win User

Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

I've owned the Microsoft Xbox Wireless headset for approximately a year, and it consistently exhibits exactly the issue you've described. When using Fortnite’s in-game chat on my Xbox One, I can hear the game audio just fine, but I cannot hear anyone chatting, although they can hear me.

The only time I managed to get it to work sporadically was when I applied physical pressure to the outside of the left earmuff against my ear or head. It's as if there's a problem with the knob that regulates the game/chat mixer. Strangely, this issue only occurs with Fortnite's in-game chat and not with Xbox Party Chat so it’s probably a fluke.

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if you've discovered a solution for this problem. In the meantime, I've resorted to using other headsets.
Thema:

My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...

1. My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a... - Similar Threads - wireless headset doesn't

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  4. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  5. Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello everyone, I'm turning to this community for assistance with a voice quality issue that's been plaguing me. I have my Samsung Galaxy A54 and Xbox Series X connected to my Xbox wireless...
  6. Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset: Hello, i bought a new xbox one controller today for my Windows PC. But when i use it wireless the audio doesn't recognize the xbox, so the headset doesn't get recognized. When i connect it with...
  7. Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume: I'm on a Windows 11 PC and I've connected an Xbox Wireless Headset using the Xbox Wireless Adapter and cable. There is a volume slider on the headset itself that works fine, but the headset is...
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset doesn't show up in the accessories app and has 2 audio devices. On my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset doesn't show up in the accessories app and has 2 audio devices. On my...: The title pretty much says it, it doesn't show up in the app, unless i plug it in via usb-c cable. It does connect though, but it has 2 audio devices, one has awful audio, and the other one is ok....
  9. Wireless controller doesn't work with wired headset, but still passes sound tests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless controller doesn't work with wired headset, but still passes sound tests: Perhaps someone can help me with an inexplicable audio problem I've been having. Today, I went and bought a new wireless Xbox One controller; from Microsoft, not aftermarket or anything. I then...
  10. Wireless headset doesn't play game sounds... feature or bug?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset doesn't play game sounds... feature or bug?: So, I'm really annoyed at repetitive game sounds coming from my kid's Xbox 360 and the TV and decided I'd get him a wireless headset so that I can silence the TV. To my surprise, it seems to only...