my wireless adapter does not work does anyone know how to fix it?

Discus and support my wireless adapter does not work does anyone know how to fix it? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; i got a new controller with a adapter so i tried the adapter and it didn't work please help i spend a 100 dollars on my controller and i can't even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Diament xd 4661, Dec 24, 2023.

1. my wireless adapter does not work does anyone know how to fix it?

i got a new controller with a adapter so i tried the adapter and it didn't work please help i spend a 100 dollars on my controller and i

can't even play on my pc

:)

Diament xd 4661, Dec 24, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Diameter X, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you, I did an internal search in Xbox support and I found a publication, where they mention the steps to follow to correct this problem and I thought it was good information, which you should take into account. :

Since the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows drivers are included in the Windows 10/11 operating system, the adapter should install automatically. If not, try the following solutions:

Make sure your Windows device is connected to the Internet.

Make sure Windows is up to date by going to Windows Update from your device and checking for available updates.

Restart your device and try again.

Make sure USB ports are not disabled in Device Manager.

Try another USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.

Try reinstalling the drivers in case they were partially installed. For this, you need to uninstall the drivers. Follow these steps to complete this process:

Go to Device Manager.

Look for Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network Adapters section.

Select Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to bring up the Properties window.

Select the Controller tab.

On the Driver tab, select Uninstall or Uninstall Device (depending on your version of Windows).

In the confirmation window, select the Delete the driver software for this device check box.

Disconnect the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and restart your Windows device. When the device is back in operation, plug in the adapter.

If the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows still does not install, perform all the steps above once again. If this does not work, the adapter may need to be replaced.

If the controller does not connect to the adapter, then please note the following:

Make sure you are within range (6 meters or less) of the adapter and that the adapter is in line of sight to the controller.

If you have an Xbox controller, try re-pairing the controller to the console by pressing the Pair button on the console and the Pair button on the controller. The LED lights will flash and light continuously when pairing is successful. If the controller does not recognize the adapter, you will need to isolate the problem to the Wireless Adapter for Windows.

Unplug the adapter, restart your computer, plug it back in (to another port if possible), and try again.

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...roubleshoot-xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. ColinKatz Win User

Instability when more than 1 Xbox One Controller is connected

I just purchased the wireless adapter for my Xbox One controller and I am having these same issues as soon as I turn on my 360 controller that is also connected wirelessly.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hey Go on Motion,

Thank
    you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. If anyone needs assistance
    with this issue or any other issues, we suggest creating a new thread.

Thank you
    again and have a great day
    Go on Motion!
  5. Frankalore the Merci Win User

I got it too. Hold the power button for 10 seconds to power cycle. Probably will need a patch from Xbox.
  6. blueamcat Win User

Probably temporary. You can try restarting the console. Or a power cycle. Turn off and unplug the Xbox from the wall for 1 minute.
Thema:

1. my wireless adapter does not work does anyone know how to fix it? - Similar Threads - wireless adapter does

2. XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys: Since I installed the wireless adapter I have had Blue Screens and the offending file is mt7612US.sys Is there a fix to this? 532fc239-73e1-43c6-88e1-5dc0ac7f4e88
  3. Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...: Hello, I am experiencing a persistent intermittent issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter on my Windows 11 system. Sometimes, after my controller turns off and must reconnect, although my Xbox...
  4. xbox wireless adapter on an xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless adapter on an xbox one: I'm asking this because my Xbox controller randomly disconnects after 1-5 minutes of gaming (I tried using several controllers ( bought a new one and borrowed form my brother and this still...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working: Hello, I have an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 which has been working for a few years then suddenly stopped working a few months ago. I have tried several things to fix it but nothing...
  6. Can the xbox wireless adapter support multiple devices simultaneously

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the xbox wireless adapter support multiple devices simultaneously: I have an older series 1 elite controller and liked the look of the halo infinite razer headset so i was wondering if the xbox adapter can support multiple devices at the same time, or would i...
  7. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  8. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  9. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 44c096fb-f60c-480b-a9a6-52b7ad237817
  10. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 97179966-61f9-4f9a-9fc7-c9977172de08