My wired Xbox controller

Discus and support My wired Xbox controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey I bought a wired Xbox controller in December and it won’t work on my Xbox one till this day * Moved from Community Center... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Soda can, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Soda can
    Soda can Guest

My wired Xbox controller

Hey I bought a wired Xbox controller in December and it won’t work on my Xbox one till this day

* Moved from Community Center

:)

Soda can, Mar 26, 2024
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

My wired Xbox controller

Hello Soda,

Good day! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with your Xbox controller not working. Just to set your expectation, here at Microsoft Community forums we only have limited tools, but no worries we will do our best to help you sort this out.

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Make sure that the controller is properly connected to the Xbox One console. Try unplugging and plugging it back in.

2. Check if the controller is recognized by the console. Go to Settings > Devices & accessories > Xbox One Wireless Controller and make sure that the controller is listed.

3. If the controller is recognized, check for controller firmware update.

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Navigate to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Controllers & headsets.
    • Select the controller you want to update.
    • On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.
    • If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

4. If the issue persists, try using a different USB port on the console or use a different USB cable.

If none of these step's work, you may need to send your controller for repair/replacement. You can create a service order for your controller on this link: My Xbox controller won’t connect or turn on | Xbox Support

We hope this helps resolve your issue with the Xbox controller. If you have any other questions or issues, please let me know. We are always happy to assist you.

Have a great day and happy gaming!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. x Blashyrkh x Win User

Controller/Headset Question

The power cable was unplugged for ~3 hours.

None of the things listed in solution 3 are between my controller and my Xbox. I have a wired router, and it is about 10 feet to the left of my Xbox, and where I sit to play is about 6 feet in front of it.

I have used the following headsets, all with an official Microsoft wireless controller and also an official Microsoft wired controller:

Microsoft Wired Headset

Microsoft Wireless Bluetooth Headset

Tritton AX720 (wired)

Turtle Beach x32 (wired)

Astro A40 (wired)

Afterglow Wired Headset

There was no difference in the problem I am experiencing when using any combination of the preceding controllers and headsets.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to pc for pc games

Hello im tring to hook up my xbox 360 controller with charge cord....
    H,

That's your problem, right there. Unfortunately, if you connect your wireless Xbox 360 controller with a charging cable, all your doing is charging the controller.

The 360 wireless controller can't be turned into a wired controller with the charging cable as neither the controller or the wire were designed to send data this way.

You either need 360 wired controller or an Xbox One controller. Xbox One controllers can use wired or wireless, but wireless is only supported via Windows 10.

Hope that helps.
  5. Jason Gonyo Win User

My wired controller

Ambassador, thanks for your feedback you provided but it didn't help much. Any other solutions maybe?
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

My wired controller

Thema:

My wired Xbox controller

1. My wired Xbox controller - Similar Threads - wired controller

2. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  3. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  4. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  5. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  6. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  7. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  8. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  9. Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles: I plug in my Xbox wireless controller to PC for gaming. Whenever I put it down or it reaches at a level angle, it immediately stops responding (all buttons stop working but the light is on). The...
  10. Controller not vibrating via wire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not vibrating via wire: My bluetooth device on my PC is broken so I chose to connect the controller via wire. However neither of my Xbox Elite nor Xbox Wireless are able to vibrate with the wire. I checked Xbox...