My wifi works for every other device connected (laptops,iPad,phones) but my Xbox wont...

Discus and support My wifi works for every other device connected (laptops,iPad,phones) but my Xbox wont... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My wifi works for every other device connected (laptops,iPad,phones) but my Xbox wont connect to it. I was just playing last night and I've had the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Y 32, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Y 32
    Y 32 Guest

My wifi works for every other device connected (laptops,iPad,phones) but my Xbox wont...

My wifi works for every other device connected (laptops,iPad,phones) but my Xbox wont connect to it.

I was just playing last night and I've had the same internet and wifi setup for the last 8 months and I've never had this problem.

Every time I test the connection to Xboxlive its red X's the link between the Xbox and the Router even though the stupid thing has found my router and shows full bars.

And I know the internet is working because Im on my laptop connected to the wifi right now typing this.

I've done several hard resets on my modem and router and still nothing works

I'm getting frustrated and I need some help please

edit: I dont get any errors either it just says the test connection failed.

:)

2. Pxlz22 Win User

My wifi works for every other device connected (laptops,iPad,phones) but my Xbox wont connect to it.

Hello! I'm Nicolas an Indepent advisor i will try my best to help you with your issue.

Try keeping the xbox the closer possible to the router to prevent major problems with the connection. If that already is the case, could you try using a cable to connect directly to the console? And see if it is a wifi problem by antenna or the xbox isn't capable of receiving internet at all.
  3. Bigironmech Win User

Low Upload speeds Xbox One X

I don’t see see how it could be a provider problem. Every single other device in my house is getting the proper speeds. My 4 phones, my laptop, my two ipads, the apple tv, the PS4, and the desktop computer. AND...most of those are wireless. The Xbox is
    hardwired. The Xbox is the only device not working properly.
  4. KevinZ2342 Win User

Cannot connect my xbox 360 to the internet

But the internet works fine with other devices. All the devices that are able to connect to wifi are connectes to the wifi except the console. I even tried to use my phone hotspot to my xbox but it still didnt work
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox live connection

"My router is completely fine every other device from phones to laptops to tablets connect and hold a connection fine."

How many other devices connect to your network hardware?

Try connecting your console with wired ethernet cable to your network hardware.

You may be getting signal interference if you're using WiFi (wireless)
  6. ScottBZ Win User

My Xbox won’t find my 5ghz wifi, but I can see neighbors 5ghz wifi. Any solutions? The 5ghz is visible in all of my other devices such as phones or laptops.

My Xbox won’t find my 5ghz wifi, but I can see neighbors 5ghz wifi. Any solutions? The 5ghz is visible in all of my other devices such as phones or laptops.
    Hi, I am not sure if i am right, it may be that the current Xbox wifi driving program is not working with your 5ghz wifi device. I could like to suggest to upgrade the wifi driving program. Hope this works.
Thema:

1. My wifi works for every other device connected (laptops,iPad,phones) but my Xbox wont... - Similar Threads - wifi works every

2. When i try to connect to hotel wifi that needs authentication and it dose not work

in XBoX Accessibility
    When i try to connect to hotel wifi that needs authentication and it dose not work: The screen turns white and i see no website i have cleared the MAC address and reset my xbox too 27c02a5f-b86d-49ac-accb-efb834ea7208
  3. Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...: Hello, I've recently upgraded my wifi and got a new provider. Ever since I switched to the one I use now I haven't been able to join partys on my console. I use an Xbox Series S and I've gone...
  4. Yakuza 0 crashing and causing WiFi to stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yakuza 0 crashing and causing WiFi to stop working: Hey, Just want to express an issue my brother is having with his computer while playing Yakuza 0 on pc game pass to see if anyone knows a way to help or give me a route I haven't taken so far to...
  5. My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect: I can watch YouTube but can’t load any games it just says I’m offline, I have tried Power cycling, unplugging Xbox and router and restarting I’ve soft reset and cleared alternative MAC address,...
  6. Ive tried everything to connect to my WiFi but nothing works.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ive tried everything to connect to my WiFi but nothing works.: So I’ve been not able to connect to my wifi for about a day now. It was completely fine like 2 days ago and now it’s just decided to give up. This happens every once in awhile but usually I just...
  7. Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...: My Xbox series X wont update any games on my home wifi network unless I wait several hours then it may finally start updating and not sit at 0% but if I switch to my hotspot it starts updating...
  8. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  9. Will a usb wifi adapter work on the Xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will a usb wifi adapter work on the Xbox one?: My original Xbox One's wifi network card has burned out. Will a 3rd party network adapter work for it? 62c508f1-e57e-4282-9eb8-316590f127bf
  10. Over wifi remote play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Over wifi remote play doesn't work: So, remote play is borderline unplayable (using xbone). I have found a work around in which I stream the console to my desktop, and then I can remote into my desktop with my laptop using...