My wifi had shut down and after restarting it my Xbox series s wont connect to wifi and it...

Discus and support My wifi had shut down and after restarting it my Xbox series s wont connect to wifi and it... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My wifi had shut down and after restarting it my Xbox series s wont connect to wifi and it says the password is wrong but I am entering the right one,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nathan Bland, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Nathan Bland
    Nathan Bland Guest

My wifi had shut down and after restarting it my Xbox series s wont connect to wifi and it...

My wifi had shut down and after restarting it my Xbox series s wont connect to wifi and it says the password is wrong but I am entering the right one, what can I do to fix that?

:)

Nathan Bland, Jul 5, 2023
  2. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one wireless hardware

Did this console used to connect to your wifi? If so, I had a similar issue with my Xbox One and my Xbox One S too. I fully shut down the consoles, took them outside and used a can of compressed air to clear out the vents of dust. That seemed to do the
    trick and helped somehow fix the wifi connection on both consoles.
  3. InoknI Win User

Xbox One kan inte ansluta till WiFi [Translation - Xbox One can't connect to WiFi]

Hi there (sorry for my english mistakes)

I have probably the same issue.

When I start or restart my Xbox one X it doesn't connect to my wifi network. The name of the wifi network is written but there is no connection

I have already try :

- To restart my router ==> I didn't change anything for month and it worked well with my first xbox one and my actual xbox one X before this issue. All my other devices (smart tv, phone, computer) are well connected to my wifi

- To reconnect the xbox one x to the wifi with Settings / system / network / disconnect and then new connection

- To power cycle the console, holding the start button for 10 seconds until the console shut down and disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable

- To restart after clearing the mac adresse

- To do a factory reset ==> The first start after the reset, i can reconnect the console to the wifi network (so I think I have no issue with my router), but if I shut down the xbox or restart the console. I lose the network. I have to do a new factory reset
    to reconnect the console

Thank you for your help.
  4. KyIronHorseman Win User

anyone having issues with the series or one s connecting by ethernet only an not wfi?

yes i have done all the above..if i have it connected via ethernet it is fne but when i go to use the wifi it wont work,,says console is connected but when i try to access my games says a connection error,,, does it on my series s and my xbox one s .. and a friends series x is doing it
  5. Drake✔️ Win User

: Xbox Series X Mobile Hotspot Connectivity Issues

Im also having the same problem, my xbox doesn't connect to wifi and every other device in my house could. I even restarted my wifi 4 times and every device would work except my new xbox series x, I never had the problem with my series S. A solution I found
    was to reset the xbox and set it back up through my phone but its only temporary, eventually it will say you can't connect to xbox live. Ive only see a few other people with this problem.
  6. Cory Crabtree Win User

Xbox series s has trouble remembering wifi

I should not have to do this so often again, my trusty Xbox one stays connected/logged into my wifi all the time every time. It’s the Xbox series s that’s the problem. I literally tested them side by side and guess which Xbox had no trouble signing into my wifi
Thema:

1. My wifi had shut down and after restarting it my Xbox series s wont connect to wifi and it... - Similar Threads - wifi shut down

2. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  3. Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes: Hi I’m having a problem with my Xbox series x. Every 5-10 minutes my internet disconnects and then reconnects instantly but it’s just enough time for me to get kicked out of whatever online game...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  5. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  6. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  7. My Xbox keeps shutting my WiFi down

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps shutting my WiFi down: every time I connect it I have to turn off my Xbox and wait 30min for my internet to work again. My Xbox is breaking my internet. ae29793d-083a-4499-9ed0-f8b2668fccd1
  8. Xbox series x shut off and won’t let me reconnect to 5g wifi

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x shut off and won’t let me reconnect to 5g wifi: Hello everyone so earlier I was playing on my series x and mid game it randomly shut off. When I turned it back on I found it wouldn’t connect to my 5g WiFi, but it would connect to my regular...
  9. someone found my ip address and shut down my wifi for the day

in XBoX Accessibility
    someone found my ip address and shut down my wifi for the day: I am a regular gamer on xbox, I was playing rocket league and trading with other players. I used the xbox looking for group and posted something I wanted to sell. A random guy was interested and...
  10. Having multiple problems with my xbox: apps won't launch, random wifi DCs, won't shut ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having multiple problems with my xbox: apps won't launch, random wifi DCs, won't shut ...: I bought my xbox one several months ago and I have had almost no problems with it until about two months ago. If I have my xbox on Instant Startup, sometimes when I power it down then come back...