My version of Minecraft has turned into a demo and now I can't play.

Discus and support My version of Minecraft has turned into a demo and now I can't play. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; About 4 years ago, my friend bought a Minecraft key from a third-party website and gave me the code to activate it. I played for around 200 hours and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Patrick R. S. Fraga, Jul 19, 2023.

1. My version of Minecraft has turned into a demo and now I can't play.

About 4 years ago, my friend bought a Minecraft key from a third-party website and gave me the code to activate it. I played for around 200 hours and achieved all the achievements. Last month, when I tried to play again, all my achievements and playtime had disappeared. So, I decided to start over. I've played for over 200 hours. But now the game has turned into a demo and is asking me to purchase the original game. Why is this happening?

I'll be honest, I don't remember which email I used to activate the code, but I checked the purchase history in both of the email accounts that I use now, and they are both empty. I can't say for sure if simply entering the code counts as a purchase or not. I played those 200 hours on my main account, which is the one I'm currently using.

I downloaded the launcher to see if there was any error when trying to start the game on its own, but it still says that I don't own the game. Perhaps I activated the game on an email that I have already deleted, but if that's the case, how was I able to play for 200 hours on this account? And why can't I play anymore? My version is the Windows version, the standalone version without Java.

:)

Patrick R. S. Fraga, Jul 19, 2023
  2. Patrick R. S. Fraga Win User

I activated the code on the Microsoft Store, but even accessing it, I can only download the demo. If I access minecraft.net, I have the option to buy Minecraft Java, Dungeons, and Legends, but the Bedrock edition doesn't have a purchase option. Does this mean I already have it or do I need to purchase it together with the Java version?

And yes, I changed all the filter options, but nothing appears. It could be as I mentioned before, that I activated it with an email that I have already deleted, but that wouldn't explain how I was able to play for 200 hours in the past month with this account.
  3. Patrick R. S. Fraga Win User

No, I didn't have any aliases. I had four separate accounts connected on the same PC. And I permanently deleted two of the accounts through https://account.live.com/closeaccount.aspx.

But if accounts cannot share products, then the game should have been on this account for me to have been able to play it. And no, I didn't have a Mojang account. When I installed the game, it already asked for a Microsoft account.

I just don't understand, I was playing normally until yesterday, and today the game just turned into a demo, asking to repurchase.

And again, I activate the code on one of the accounts, and I can't tell which one, I'm sorry about that. But if I only signed in to the xbox app at the time, then it would have to be this account right here, but there is nothing in the activation/purchase history.
  4. Patrick R. S. Fraga Win User

I had four Microsoft emails connected, and I decided to delete two of them, but it takes a month for them to be fully deleted, and it has been approximately that time since I confirmed the deletion. Perhaps today was the day of the complete deletion. Do connected Microsoft accounts share games? If that's the case, then the game was indeed on another account, and with its deletion, I lost access to the game. That's probably what happened. It seems like I lost the game due to my own mistake.

It seems like there's not much to do, unfortunately, since the fault was mine. However, I appreciate the suggestions, as at least now I have an understanding of what might have happened. Thank you.
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Hello, Patrick. I would like to clarify that it is not possible to connect Microsoft accounts or share purchases between them.

Did you do this email deletion process by using the alias management website available in the article I shared above?

Additionally, may I know if you migrated previously a Mojang account to the Microsoft account you want to use, or you never performed the migration process, and if this Mojang account was created with one of the emails you deleted?
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello, Patrick. Can you provide me with more details about this part?
    “I activated it with an email that I have already deleted”

This email address you mention was deleted, it was linked to the current Microsoft account you want to use, or it was a completely different account.

I would like to clarify that content purchased with a Microsoft account can’t be transferred to another one. However, you can remove and add emails, commonly known as aliases, by following some conditions and instructions provided in this support article:
    https://support.microsoft.com/office/add-or-rem...

From my end, as a fellow user like you, I wouldn’t able to explain why you were able to play 200 hours in the past month.
Thema:

1. My version of Minecraft has turned into a demo and now I can't play. - Similar Threads - version Minecraft has

2. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  3. I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...: On this occasion,Before that, I had got the Java version and bedrock version of Minecraft on the official website, but I couldn't download the installation package on Android devices on the...
  4. How to restore a Minecraft World, but with no previous version Restore button

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore a Minecraft World, but with no previous version Restore button: Hello, I have been having this problem for two days now. When I create a minecraft World (bedrock edition on windows 11), it just disappears the next day. I have read previous threads and watched...
  5. Minecraft Regional version

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft Regional version: I purchased a gift from the United States of Minecraft for my friend who lives in the UK. My brain wasnt thinking and now she cant play because of regional issues?? How can I solve this and or get...
  6. Friend on XBOX has the latest version of Minecraft Bedrock, but the microsoft store says...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend on XBOX has the latest version of Minecraft Bedrock, but the microsoft store says...: Title says it. I want to play Minecraft with my friend, but she's on 1.18.12.xxxx whatever, and my version is 1.18.102.0. The microsoft store says MY version is the latest version (which obviously...
  7. Someone else has linked their microsoft account to my Playstation 4, Minecraft bedrock version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Someone else has linked their microsoft account to my Playstation 4, Minecraft bedrock version.: I can't log in, I don't recognize the account name whatsoever and every time I try to log in with my actual account, it gives me the message: Failed to login Oops! Looks like this account is...
  8. Minecraft new version saying This world is not fully synced or has been corrupted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft new version saying This world is not fully synced or has been corrupted: Yesterday i reset my xbox one because it was not performing well it finishes reseting and i go in minecraft to make sure my world was not deleted i went to go on my world and it said “The world is...
  9. My minecraft windwos 10 edition has been updated to a beta version and I want to play in...

in XBoX on Windows
    My minecraft windwos 10 edition has been updated to a beta version and I want to play in...: My minecraft windwos 10 edition has been updated to a beta version and I want to play in the official version and I don't know what to do :( c6a9dce1-c364-4354-bd41-5352e7e67b18
  10. Minecraft Update Not Downloading For Some/Can't Join Player Has Newer Version Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Update Not Downloading For Some/Can't Join Player Has Newer Version Xbox 360: on minecraft a update has come february 2016 that has updated for some but not everyone my friend has a title update of 252 megabytes while i have a title update of 251 i'm missing 1mb of data...