My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.

Discus and support My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It's been 3 weeks since I played on my original Xbox One with two controllers. They connected fine before the issue happened. As for the issue, it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Leonardo Garcia4, Feb 15, 2024.

1. My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.

It's been 3 weeks since I played on my original Xbox One with two controllers.

They connected fine before the issue happened.

As for the issue, it happened the next day, I tried to play on the console by turning it on via controller, but for some reason, it was blinking and not turning on the console.

I turned on the console by its button, and as I synced it, it connects then disconnects again and I repeat when it becomes stable until it disconnects from inactivity and I had to repeat the process again.

The same also applies to the second controller.

Including with a wired USB connection.

We tried the troubleshooting methods except hard reset as we have a fear of losing all game progress of our games (but I would appreciate a list of them to try again and/or any advice or methods), the batteries are fully charged, nothing is interfering the connections between them before and after, we have other consoles as well but they did not interfere with the connection.

I may have a similar problem to another person (Anton Vaughan) you have helped with.

If this is a bug or glitch, I would greatly appreciate if this is resolved and thoroughly patched as this issue is stressful and an annoyance.

If anyone can help me out with this, please respond as soon as you can, I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

Leonardo Garcia4, Feb 15, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.

Hi, Leonardo! thank you for reaching out.
    My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your controllers.

Would you mind giving this a try?

- Turn your console on.
    - Turn one of your controllers on.
    - Press and hold your controller's Xbox button until it shuts down.
    - Remove your controller's batteries and the USB cable (if plugged in) for a minute or two.
    - Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - Remove all external devices from the console's USB ports.
    - Unplug your console's power cord for 5 minutes. If you have the original Xbox
    One, you'll need to unplug the power supply unit from both the console and the
    outlet.
    - Plug the power cord back in, and make sure to use one of the wall's outlets.
    - Turn your console on and check if the controller you used is able to stay synced with your console.

* If necessary, try pairing your controller again.

Please let me know if this works for you, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

XboxOne Controller Range Extender - How does this not exist

the controllers dont use kinect anymore, and when they did it was for pairing to the console and not the actual connection.

only the original xbox controllers had IR built in, all the newer controllers don't have that.

the only two ways to connect an xbox controller to an xbox is though the built in wireless on the console and usb cable.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Does the Xbox One S console have Bluetooth Capability? I.E Bluetooth Headsets

There is no Bluetooth radio component in the Xbox One S console itself.

The controllers connect to the Xbox One S the same way the controllers connect to the original Xbox One: proprietary RF. You could technically connect an Xbox One S controller to an original Xbox One, and an original Xbox controller to the Xbox One S.

The Bluetooth functionality in the new Xbox One S controller is specifically made for connecting the controller to a Windows 10 PC with the "Anniversary" update, which has the drivers needed for the controller when connected via Bluetooth.
  5. SylvorOnix Win User

My Xbox one controller won’t t turn on the console after a few day without turning on the system

I'm just getting to this issue in the forums but my sister had the same issue on the original xbox one. When you are resetting the machine are you using the menu and going to restart ?

If you are that might be why it keeps happening the restart in the menu was not originally even on the xbox when it first released.

The next time it flashes and won't connect pull out the power cord wait about wait about 2 minutes plug it back in then hold the xbox button on the remote to turn it on. Directly connect the controller to the xbox one and use the menu to go into the update
    controller screen not the xbox one sometimes the controllers need a separate update than the console assuming these controllers you have are original xbox one controllers not ones that read "compatible with xbox one" on it.

If you are still having issues after this I would contact xbox support and speak with a tech rep for assistance for more advanced help.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox power problem

Thema:

1. My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore. - Similar Threads - Original controllers won't

2. Xbox one original,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one original,: Power brick flashes between white and orange 4 times white before staying orange. For about 6 seconds each time. 6 for white then 6 for orange. Xbox won't turn on just turns right back off....
  3. How can I fix my original Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my original Xbox One?: It is giving me a E102 error on startup. We have reset it and it won't let us do a offline update. Can we fix it? 1c3a3b95-760d-4ae6-853d-ecc6be84e6c7
  4. My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...

in XBoX on Windows
    My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...: My adapter died a few months ago and I’ve only just replaced it, and when I turned it on for the first time there was an update. I started the update and the Xbox turned off at the end without...
  5. Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles: I’d like to say just for memories I had with the 360 since it’s getting shut down so why not make a 360 controller for people to use submitted by /u/Imaginary-Ease8041 [link] [comments]
  6. I sent in an xbox series 2 red controller but never received it in the original box I sent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent in an xbox series 2 red controller but never received it in the original box I sent...: I sent a red elite series 2 controller in for repair in the original box and received the controller in a brown standard box which is not the original box I sent it in....
  7. Im on my third controller the original had stick drift out the box and bought new on and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im on my third controller the original had stick drift out the box and bought new on and it...: Im on my third controller the original had stick drift out 01dbdd14-14d7-4c88-ba09-2f4ffb889a64
  8. Does anyone know if you can return a faulty Xbox without the original controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if you can return a faulty Xbox without the original controller?: Faulty Xbox return without controller still in warranty 14ddf0ef-c7b0-4a19-93c3-9a1002e8900f
  9. Xbox Series controller does not recognize the original adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller does not recognize the original adapter: Hi all. I have 2 Xbox Series gamepads disconnected from the original macrosof adapter (which comes with the gamepad). To check, I connected it to another laptop, it works fine (it means that the...
  10. Original Xbox wireless controller adapter not turning on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox wireless controller adapter not turning on pc: Hello, I have an original Xbox wireless controller adapter for my pc that no longer powers on the system when I press and hold the Xbox button. It worked perfectly fine on another system using a...