My two controllers have major stick drift

Discus and support My two controllers have major stick drift in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have two xbox series x controllers one original and second hand. I have used both of them for a good period of time and now the stick drift has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Samzyplaysforza, Mar 27, 2024.

1. My two controllers have major stick drift

Hi, I have two xbox series x controllers one original and second hand. I have used both of them for a good period of time and now the stick drift has gotten way worse. both controllers are not in centre as tested on recalibration section in settings. Have you got any advice on how to fix instead of using dust can to get it fixed because it doesn't work and i don't want to buy another controller.

thank you, kind regards

:)

Samzyplaysforza, Mar 27, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Sameer, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, there is no fix for stick drift besides trying to recalibrate them.

If the controllers are still under warranty, you can send them for repairs to receive new ones.

Register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

I hope this helps.
  3. jfrawls Win User

Xbox One Controller, left stick faulting!!!

I have two controllers BOTH with drift issues. The one left thumb-stick drifts upwards and the other one has a right thumb-stick drift issue that drifts upward.

Like what the heck am I suppose to do. #SMH
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox One 2K20 Controller Stick Drift

Does the Xbox one 2K20 controller have a higher chance of getting stick drift? I bought a brand new console yesterday and after 4 hours of playing I was getting stick drift to the right. If these 2K20 controllers are not made as good as others,
    maybe I should get a different game with my console? Please let me know if you had the same issue. Thanks.
    I think it's very much pot-luck when it comes to stick drift. I've had some controllers that I've used for years without any issue, and another than is about 18 months old with major stick drift despite rarely being used. I don't know if any particular type
    or model is more prone to stick drift. Since your controller is so new, you should hopefully be able to get it replaced by the store.
  5. ow7iee Win User

Since the new update, all my controllers have drift issues

Well 95% of my games are unaffected.. It's mostly in menus. An example, playing BO4 is not affecting gameplay. When not touching any stick or buttons nothing moves 😀But as soon as a match is over and the main menu appears it becomes a major issue. Even
    customizing weapons or changing settings is a major headache since my left stick drifts in all directions..

Simply touching the stick by very gently just putting a finger on the top it immediately stops drifting.. So it's a matter of micro millimeters deadzone adjustment and this issue would be completely gone again 😉

Tried Forza Horizon 4, no stick drifting affects the game itself, I believe many games have increased deadzone configurations already to prevent this common issue from affecting gameplay.

I might add that here atm while I type this message in edge with the controller I've major annoying trouble with drifting..
  6. ruger280 Win User

controller drift

That is strange. I've only ever had stick drift on my old 360 controllers. I don't know if the standard Xbox one controllers have it, but the Xbox Elite controller sticks can be adjusted to have dead zones to avoid drift. Check in the Xbox Accessories
    app if you can adjust it for normal controllers.
    Have my elite controller set up and still drifts. Can't do standard controller. Did notice they drift worse on any COD.
Thema:

1. My two controllers have major stick drift - Similar Threads - controllers major stick

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. Ground Control to Major Nelson!!!!! Didn't Halo introduce Matchmaking when they released ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ground Control to Major Nelson!!!!! Didn't Halo introduce Matchmaking when they released ...: Am I a fool? I bought my xbox one because I bought the original box when it first came out t with (you guessed it) Halo. Now what? The game matchmaking does not work over 2 weeks later its a dam...
  10. Ground Control To Major Nelson!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ground Control To Major Nelson!!!!: Am I a fool? I bought my xbox one because I bought the original box when it first came out t with (you guessed it) Halo. Now what? The game matchmaking does not work over 2 weeks later its a dam...