My TV used to support HDR, but now it doesn't.

Discus and support My TV used to support HDR, but now it doesn't. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My TV supports HDR, but I noticed that when I go into settings it says "your TV setup doesn't support HDR10 for gaming. Games won't be shown in HDR".... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NEON RED BLADE, Aug 29, 2020.

1. My TV used to support HDR, but now it doesn't.

My TV supports HDR, but I noticed that when I go into settings it says "your TV setup doesn't support HDR10 for gaming. Games won't be shown in HDR". I've tried a few things to see if I could fix it, but it still says My TV doesn't support it. Can anyone
    help me get HDR to work?

:)

NEON RED BLADE, Aug 29, 2020
  2. wizard0452 Win User

netflix streaming

my tv doesn't support hdr.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

My tv supports HDR10, it works on my ps4pro, but the option is greyed out on my xbox one x....

Hi,

Not all TV's support HDR on all HDMI connections.

On my Sony Bravia 4K TV, only two out of the four support HDR even though they all support 4K resolution.
    ^

This could very well be the issue,

I have a Samsung 4K HDR TV, with 4 HDMI 2.0 ports, but only one of my port's supports HDR, ( HDMI 1 ),

If i want to use to my PS4pro with HDR, i have it in HDMI 1, but then if i want to use my Xbox One X with HDR, i have to swap my HDMI cable's around, so that my Xbox One X is now in HDMI 1,

Best check the TV's manual to find out which HDMI port uses HDR,

Or try connect the Xbox One X into the HDMI port where you're PS4pro is, and see if HDR then works.
  4. EagerBard432622 Win User

What 4k monitors are compatible?

Samsung 28 inch 4K UHD monitor is the one I've used before. It doesn't support HDR, btw. Get a monitor with HDR atleast 2.0. Superior response than TV? I guess TVs are also decent.
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Xbox One S Hook up to 4K LG TV issues

Hey l am BATMAN,

That TV doesn't seem to have any HDR capabilities. Looking at the
    LG 55UB8500's Spec Sheet
    , there's no mention of HDR or UHD Deep Color, where as their other TV's that do support HDR have it included in their spec sheets.

The next best step I recommend taking is reaching out to LG support to double verify if the exact TV model you have supports HDR or not. So far with the info we were able to find, it doesn't seem like it does unfortunately.

Keep us looped in!
  6. JAG88 Win User

No 4k output to Panasonic TC-55CX420U with Xbox One S

As far as I can tell it does not specifically state that HDR10 is required just to set the 4k resolution (just that it is required for HDR), that wouldn't even make sense. HDR10 is not required for something to display content in a specific resolution, the
    resolution 3840x2160 doesn't require HDR to work, resolution is independent of HDR.

And I already know that my TV doesn't support HDR or at least doesn't support the HDR10 protocol, but that is fine, I don't care about HDR, but I do care about running things in the 3840x2160 resolution at 60Hz (which my TV definitely supports). If this
    is the case MS has made a device that only works with like 10 models of TV's... why are they even selling this?

Seems to me like either a bug or an arbitrary restriction put in place to make people go spend $1500-$5000 on a brand new 2016 OLED TV supporting HDR10. I see no legitimate technical reason that the resolution can't be set to 4k without HDR. Even 4k blu-rays
    with HDR do not require the TV to have HDR, it just shows the film minus the HDR details when played on a non-HDR TV.

This is what I like to call total hog wash and MS needs to fix it.
Thema:

My TV used to support HDR, but now it doesn't.

1. My TV used to support HDR, but now it doesn't. - Similar Threads - used support HDR

2. Can Xbox Game Bar use the iGPU for encoding if the dGPU doesn't support it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Xbox Game Bar use the iGPU for encoding if the dGPU doesn't support it?: Greetings all, I'm thinking of buying a GPU (the RX 6400) for a build, but I'm being devastated by the caveat of the 6400 not having any encoding support. I use Game Bar to record quite...
  3. Is there an email address that I can use to contact Microsoft support

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there an email address that I can use to contact Microsoft support: Hello, recently I was looking into what type of cable my Xbox one controller uses so that I can purchase a new one without having to buy a whole new controller. While looking into this I found an...
  4. Xim shouldn’t be supported by Xbox it should be a ban for using it , it provides a unfair...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xim shouldn’t be supported by Xbox it should be a ban for using it , it provides a unfair...: Xim shouldn’t be supported by Xbox it should be a ban for using it , it provides a unfair advantage in a lot of games a6f610fb-a9d0-46cd-b144-6d37b7a00cd7
  5. My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support...: It’s as the title says. Since about November my account ‘s on file card was used to purchase an Xbox live subscription of $10.65. This did not give MY account the “benefit” nor did I authorize the...
  6. hey basically i need support with finding my childs xbox account email as he hasnt used the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    hey basically i need support with finding my childs xbox account email as he hasnt used the...: question above, we are in the same family theres just no option to find his email cf3e2127-c836-4b65-828b-5841e8322c12
  7. I cannot use Xbox Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot use Xbox Support: Everytime I attempt to use xbox support I get an error saying there was trouble loading the virtual agent. Even if I am just trying to receive a call back, it directs me to the virtual agent with...
  8. My ps5 support 1440p at 120hz with hdr but my xbox series x can't let me use hdr if 4k is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My ps5 support 1440p at 120hz with hdr but my xbox series x can't let me use hdr if 4k is...: my Xbox support 1440p with.120 but won't enable hdr it says it on, but nothing happens i realized u need 4k to make hdr work and i want to try hdr at 1440p 2efe0fd5-389b-4925-9de8-fd0de16756b6
  9. Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to...: A Microsoft agent named Gabrielle just asked me for my email, then asked me to prove it was me by telling her a verification code she was supposedly sending me... which was actually her asking my...
  10. What will happen if you use dobly atmos to the games that doesnt support?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What will happen if you use dobly atmos to the games that doesnt support?: So what will happen.Will it be stereo 5.1 7.1 or what? dc3fa7b7-ecdb-4fa5-bd18-a595715292ee