My Terrible (ongoing) Experience with Xbox Support

Discus and support My Terrible (ongoing) Experience with Xbox Support in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The short story: I purchased the day one edition at launch. The controller had a bad B button. I called about the issue on Nov 26. It's now Feb 16th... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by pjalltheway, Feb 16, 2014.

1. pjalltheway
    pjalltheway Guest

The short story:

I purchased the day one edition at launch. The controller had a bad B button. I called about the issue on Nov 26. It's now Feb 16th and I still don't have a functional controller, or a controller at all.

The long story:

I've been a member of Xbox Live since 2007. After purchasing a $500 console with a defective controller, here's how I was treated:

Nov 26: I call Xbox Support about the issue. I was told they would ship a new controller to me. Once the controller got to me, I would have to ship the defective one back.

Dec 23: I receive a package from Microsoft containing only a battery door to a controller. Merry Christmas.

Jan: 5: I call Xbox Support and explain what happened. They admit that a mistake was made but tell me that I must first ship my controller to them before they will ship a replacement. Not only this, but I must pay for the shipping. I refuse.
    The say that this is the only way. Eventually, they offer me 1 month of gold and a $10 credit to cover shipping costs. I reluctantly accept.

Jan 6: This part is a little complicated. Stay with me.

I see that I have a $7.49 credit from Microsoft on my credit card. Not sure whats going on.

Then, I get on my Xbox One and see that I have lost the rights to play COD Ghosts. (I owned the digital version and it was $9.99 since I already owned the Xbox 360 digital version). Apparently, the agent I spoke with on the 5th thought that she could credit
    my account by refunding this. All she did was cancel the transaction leaving me unable to play it (The B button is not super critical in COD since I use the tactical button layout). But why was I only credited with $7.49???

When I bought this, I used $2.50 from my Xbox Rewards account. When she cancelled the transaction, my credit card was credited with 7.49, but I was not credited for the Xbox Rewards points. If I had simply repurchased the title, not only would I not have
    the $10 credit promised, but I would have had $2.50 less than I did before this incident.

Here is what happened when I contacted them that night:

9:49 PM PST -- I call Xbox Support and am told that they could not help because it was a third party game. I explained that they were the ones that screwed up. The guy insisted that only Activision could help. He gave me a number (for Activision)
    to call for help.

9:58 PM PST -- Just to see if they could give me the rights back to play, I call this number. I get an automated message that this number is no longer used for support and that I must use the online chat option for help with Activision games.

10:02 PM PST -- I call Xbox Support. They stop answering calls at 10:00 PM PST. The first guy just wanted to go home for the day.

Jan 12: After several calls to Xbox Support, and an escalation of the issue, I received the $10 credit they promised, but I had to repurchase Ghosts on my own.

Since they didn't refund my Xbox Rewards points, and I had to repurchase Ghosts, It was effectively a $7.50 credit.

I ship my controller, following all instructions given to me in an email. Shipping costed more than $7.50.

Jan 16: The controller is delivered to the replacement center (confirmed by the tracking number). In the email describing what I must do, they stated that a replacement would be sent out within 10 business days of them receiving the defective
    product. It said that they would email me when they shipped it out.

Feb 16: I won't take you through every phone call but it's been a month since my controller was delivered to them and they still haven't shipped a replacement to me.

I've been on the phone countless times in the past few weeks with agents who are unable to help. They claim that they must escalate the issue to another team that can help. So far the issue has been escalated three different times. Each time I have been told
    that I would receive a response within 4 days. Once, the agent even said I would hear back within 2 days. I have heard nothing from the escalation team. Out of desperation, I even filed a complaint through the Better Business Bureau, but have garnered no response.

:)

pjalltheway, Feb 16, 2014
  2. Terrible Support Experience

wow, that's pretty bad. Welcome to the world of dealing with customer service. A full ninety percent of ANY type of customer service rep will have no idea what they are doing and will be happy to send you on a wild goose chase from hell. I keep notes
    on everything I do now so I have a history...especially names and dates. I think that most the time they SEEM like they are being meaningful in trying to help you, but in reality, most don't really know their jobs and will say whatever just to appease you
    for the time being. If you call and talk to 10 different customer service reps, you will get 10 different answers to a question.

BizarroMantis, Feb 16, 2014
  3. eeliott
    eeliott Guest
    Terrible Support Experience

xbox one is the worst *** product i've ever bought in my life, I can't believe they put such crap on market

eeliott, Feb 16, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: