My tabs don't open they just fail to open when trying to sign in through xbox app

Discus and support My tabs don't open they just fail to open when trying to sign in through xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to play games on pc through the 1 month xbox pc game pass but when I try to download a game on the xbox app I have to sign in first so I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by V15i0n, Jan 4, 2022.

1. V15i0n
    V15i0n Guest

My tabs don't open they just fail to open when trying to sign in through xbox app

I am trying to play games on pc through the 1 month xbox pc game pass but when I try to download a game on the xbox app I have to sign in first so I click sign in and the tab tries to open but all it ends up doing is open the tab multiple times then automatically closing and so I can't sign in because the tab won't open because it automatically closes . Is there any way to fix this.

:)

V15i0n, Jan 4, 2022
  2. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello V15i0n,

Thank you for your patience and for attempting the troubleshooting tips provided. We're currently experiencing a server outage with various Xbox services. Please keep an eye on Server Status for updates regarding errors that are occurring. Once the servers are resolved, please attempt to login to your account and repeat the troubleshooting steps mentioned above if you are still seeing the same error.

Thank you,

-Tali
  3. V15i0n Win User

it did not resolve my answer and I tried all of the steps and it did not work but if there is any other thing that I can try please tell me.
  4. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello V15i0n,

Thank you for your response. I have a few more troubleshooting methods that we can try... please see below;

Solution 1

On your PC, go to Xbox.com and select Sign in. If there are problems with your account, the instructions will help you solve them. If you can’t go beyond the sign-in screen, select Forgot my password and follow the instructions.

Solution 2

If that didn’t work, select the Start button > Settings > Time & language. Under Date & time make sure the Set time automatically setting is turned on. Open Time & language settings

Solution 3

If none of those options work, select the Start button > Settings > Accounts, then find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select Remove. Then go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just removed. Open Settings

Please let me know if any of the above suggestions resolve the error.

Thank you!

-Tali
  5. V15i0n Win User

So I have already tried to restart my pc but it still did not work I signed out my pc still did not work because I can't even sign in to the Xbox app because the tab to sign in does not show up it opens then closes the tab instantly so I cant do that and I have done the open Xbox app through the Microsoft app and it still does not work.
  6. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello V15i0n,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. Before we troubleshoot, have you already restarted your PC/checked for updates for the Xbox app? Please be sure to restart your device before attempting any of the troubleshooting below.

Option 1 - Check for Xbox App Updates

• Open the Microsoft Store app and login to the same account that is linked to your Game Pass Ultimate account. You can access your account by clicking the profile icon at the top right corner of the application.
    • Once logged in, select the three dots "..." also found at the top right corner of your screen. This should pull down a menu that will allow you to view downloads and updates (if you're on Windows 10).
    • If there's an Xbox App update, please update the application.
    Option 2 - Open Xbox App through Microsoft App

• Once you are logged into your account through the Microsoft Store App, search for a Game Pass Ultimate title you are interested to download. For example, Halo Infinite.
    • Once the title is found on the Microsoft Store App, you should see a "Game Pass" icon and the option to install the game through the Xbox App.

[​IMG]

• Select "Install from Xbox app" and your device should be prompted to open the Xbox App.
    Hope this helps! If you are still receiving the error, please do not hesitate to respond back to this thread.

Thank you!

-Tali
Thema:

1. My tabs don't open they just fail to open when trying to sign in through xbox app - Similar Threads - tabs don't open

2. How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?: It takes up screen real estate and I do not want it, use it, or need it. I do not do friends gaming, do not want anything but my private gaming. Tab is annoying and useless for me. [img]...
  3. I redeemed the perks code that was given to me through rewards, but got an error tab

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed the perks code that was given to me through rewards, but got an error tab: I got the code and redeemed it, but instead of getting the rewards, I got an error tab and then the code expired. I thought maybe it still gave me something in game, but it didn't...
  4. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XboX Insiders
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  5. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  6. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  7. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  8. Why don't I have an 'Add friend' tab on minecraft on nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't I have an 'Add friend' tab on minecraft on nintendo switch: I keep going over and over and over this. Sooo frustrating. 1. We have a switch 2. We have a son playing switch minecraft 3. We register on line 4. He wants to add a friend 5. We DONT have...
  9. Trying to watch Live TV but I don't have an entertainment tab

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to watch Live TV but I don't have an entertainment tab: Everything says to go to the Entertainment tab and select live tv but I don't have an entertainment tab. My options at the top of the screen are Home Mixer Community Game Pass Store. Every picture...
  10. why doesn't the post tab work on the promotion page for me? I literally don't see one...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why doesn't the post tab work on the promotion page for me? I literally don't see one...: Im in a tech support chat atm.. and so far this is the only thing that works.... But it solves nothing 727bfbbf-9f92-4a16-8399-6492f0c3a084