My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?

Discus and support My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I’m having this issue where it won’t start up and it says it’s updating but at 0% and I have waited about 20 minutes for it to not budge. And so I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by T jordan, Feb 7, 2024.

1. T jordan
    T jordan Guest

My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?

So I’m having this issue where it won’t start up and it says it’s updating but at 0% and I have waited about 20 minutes for it to not budge. And so I checked services to see what was wrong and my startup type is disabled and it won’t let me start it at all.

:)

T jordan, Feb 7, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello,my name is Oskayra, I will be happy to help you in any way possible.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. On your PC, go to Xbox.com and select Sign In. If there are problems with your account, the instructions will help you resolve them. If you can't get past the login screen, select I forgot my password and follow the instructions.

If that doesn't work, select the Home button > Settings > Time & Language. Under Date & time, make sure Set time automatically is turned on. Open language & time settings

If none of these options work, select the Start button > Settings > Accounts, then find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select Remove. Next, go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just removed. Open Settings

Source:https://support.microsoft.com/windo...n-la-aplicación-xbox-40db5c71-aa95-a508-5651- 8eb5b56f5c60

I hope the information is helpful to you, if not, let me know that I will be happy to continue helping you, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Oskaira.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Service host delivery optimization high network usage

There are some steps to completely disable this service on the group policies (on Windows Pro or Enterprise) and services. But as far as I know, disabling it by these locations can cause the Xbox app to not function properly or show an error (error 0x800700e9).

If you want to try:

Press Windows + R > Type services.msc > Press enter. Set "Delivery Optimization" to Disabled.

Press Windows + R > Type gpedit.msc > Press enter.

Go to Computer configuration > Administrative templates > Windows components > Delivery optimization. Set it as disabled.

Restart your computer and see how it goes.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

I keep tabbing out, how do I fix it?

It can be a third-party app, yes.

Try disabling apps from the Windows Startup.

Press Windows Key + R > Type msconfig > Select Services > Check the box Hide all Microsoft Services > Select Deactivate All.

Restart your computer and test the games again.
  5. Francia J. Win User

how to stop xbox pop up after booting up my computer

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

You may need to disable this on your task manager.

On your search bar type "task manager" then go to "startup apps" and disable it.
  6. David Wirsching Win User

Xbox full screen ad on start up of console

Hello ForgedEnigma, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Don't worry, I understand your frustration. Here are some steps you can follow to disable these ads:

Turn off “Automatically start the app on startup”: Go to Home, find the Xbox app, and click it. Click the Profile/Sign in menu item at the top left of the screen. Then click Settings. Click General in the left panel. Then uncheck the “Automatically start the app on startup” option in Startup Settings.

Turn off “Run at Startup/Xbox App Services”: Click Start and search for the Xbox app (typing “xb” is usually sufficient). Right-click on the Xbox app item. From the right-click menu, select Application Settings. Disable the "Run at startup/Xbox App Services" setting.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - startup type disabled

2. Xbox One S Full Shutdown Causes Startup Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S Full Shutdown Causes Startup Issue: Since last winter, every time my Xbox has a full shutdown, it hangs indefinitely during the next startup, and I'm forced to do a system reset. A hard reset (hold down power button, then unplug...
  3. Why is XBox not loading Bright Green on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is XBox not loading Bright Green on startup: Planned power outage Power restored Had ethernet unplugged Plugged back in two days later XBox had me logged out Controllers didn't work Logged back in Controllers say linked but don't work...
  4. The Xbox Startup Troubleshooter

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Xbox Startup Troubleshooter: Hi! I started my Xbox One console and it displayed the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. I tried to select CONTINUE but the screen froze. When trying to reset, it simply restarted the console, both...
  5. What the bloody heck, Delta Ring, ads on startup?! Not a good look.

in XboX Insiders
    What the bloody heck, Delta Ring, ads on startup?! Not a good look.: Is this really a feature they are thinking about adding permanently? I can't tell you not only how aggravating I found that. To the point that I almost turned off and choose to do something else...
  6. Xbox Series S connection issue on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S connection issue on startup: On My xbox Series S I have had an issue with connecting to network systems wirelessly. When I looked for my wifi it wouldn't pop up I tried searching through specifying my SSID but still didn't...
  7. XBOX Startup Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Startup Error: This has currently been happening since January. I gave up trying to fix it for a few weeks, and since yesterday I have tried everything I possibly can to get my Xbox back up and running again....
  8. Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...: I've tried scanning and repairing the xbox app, deleting and attempting to reinstall everything. I am stuck on the same issue. Any suggestions? 5f814e40-c1c6-4216-8b3a-47848fba451d
  9. My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...: My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen I have tried holding the power button for ten seconds then unplugging the power cable please help. 332b2acb-c264-49b8-8d13-488d283a12f0
  10. NAT Type defaults to Moderate on Startup?

in XboX Insiders
    NAT Type defaults to Moderate on Startup?: It seems like everytime I start up my Xbox it defaults to moderate NAT type. After running the NAT type test several times it will finally switch to Open NAT. Not sure if this is a network issue...