My spouse and I are no longer able to share Xbox Live or games.

Discus and support My spouse and I are no longer able to share Xbox Live or games. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My spouse and I are no longer able to share Xbox Live or games. It is requiring the person who bought the game to sign in in order to play. We have... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by S KROC, Sep 12, 2023.

1. S KROC
    S KROC Guest

It is requiring the person who bought the game to sign in in order to play. We have reset our consoles and made sure that person A logged into person B's console first and verified that it was the Home Xbox. And then did the reverse for person A's console. Still no luck. Not sure if we should switch home Xbox's and then try again. No settings have been changed, but this just stopped working about a week ago.

We are no longer able to play together. For the last 5 or 6 years it's worked just fine. As long as the other account was on the Xbox (not signed in), we had no troubles. Are there any other settings to check to make sure it is set up correctly? Unsure why all of a sudden this has changed. Has there been an update to change any of this?

Any suggestions or help is definitely appreciated. Thank you. We are not sure what to do next to fix this.

:)

S KROC, Sep 12, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello S KROC,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you're having trouble sharing Xbox Live and games with your spouse. I'll do my best to help you out.

Firstly, I would recommend checking if your Xbox Live Gold subscription is still active and up-to-date. If it has expired, you won't be able to share games or Xbox Live with your spouse. You can check your subscription status by signing-in to your Microsoft account on the Xbox website.

Assuming your subscription is active, the next step would be to make sure that both consoles are set as each other's Home Xbox. It sounds like you've already tried this, but just to confirm, here are the steps:

1. On person A's console, sign in with person B's account.

2. Go to Settings > Personalization > My Home Xbox.

3. Select "Make this my Home Xbox."

4. On person B's console, sign in with person A's account.

5. Go to Settings > Personalization > My Home Xbox.

6. Select "Make this my Home Xbox."

Note You can have only one home Xbox at a time. You can share purchased games and Gold with others only on your home Xbox. You get 5 switches per year. Customer support cannot offer additional switches.

If you've already done this and it's still not working, you can try switching the Home Xboxes and then repeating the process. This may help reset any settings that may have been causing the issue.

You may also try and check on this helpful link: Can my friend share a game with me? - Microsoft Community

If none of these steps work, it's possible that there may have been an update that has changed the way sharing works. Please let me know.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. S KROC Win User

Thank you for your response. We switched our Home Xbox's back and forth last night. We reset (keeping games and apps), signed in normally, and changed home Xbox. We then reset again (keeping games and apps), signed in person A on B's console, setting it as the Home Xbox, and did the reverse for person B. That fixed the problem. Maybe didn't need to reset both times, but I was unsure.

Again, thank you for your response and time. My spouse and I really appreciate it!
  4. Drizzle 084 Win User

Set home Xbox limits

It's not to punish people, but a way to keep people from sharing their games and gold access. That's all it is for.

It's one thing to share with your spouse or children but completely different to share with someone who lives across the country.
  5. Starseid Win User

Xbox Household

I think I see the problem. The only account that is sharing is your Son's account since he is on your home console. Your account is on your daughter's but it's not your home console so it wont share. Does your family have a main Xbox they use? If so, I think
    they will all have to play on that console for Gold to share.

For comparison my set up is:

Xbox 1X (Main):

My Account- With Gold

Spouse account - Without Gold (HOME)

Gold is shared if I am logged in

Xbox One(2)

My Account- WIth Gold (HOME)

Spouse account - WIthout Gold

Gold is shared without me logged in
  6. DraxxiSprocket Win User

Use 2 xbox in one house with one account?

Thanks for the clarification. The front xbox will be 99.9% child /spouse usage.

So, my understanding to share library is that I would make a guest or "dummy" account on the secondary box, set that device as home from my primary device, and then it's good to use?
Thema:

1. My spouse and I are no longer able to share Xbox Live or games. - Similar Threads - spouse are longer

2. my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...: my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it says that email already has an account with but. Also when i use my username to sign into my account it...
  3. I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT: I had my setup completely dialed at my last apartment. We moved to a new place with the same internet service (new ONT box) and I’ve tried everything from UPnP to DMZ to try to get an open NAT....
  4. Xbox is no longer recording

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox is no longer recording: Since April update and the last est update in Mei Xbox is no longer recoding 11539104-42d6-4dcd-ab4d-b4c486fff342
  5. Is there anyway I can gain access to my old xbox account. I know the email, just no longer...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway I can gain access to my old xbox account. I know the email, just no longer...: Am i able to gain control of my old xbox account, if I know the username and email it was linked to. Even though I don’t have access to that email anymore. dd2e857c-3391-4d7c-b372-25a046952f5c
  6. Xbox controller no longer working with epic games launcher.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller no longer working with epic games launcher.: For a long time I have used an Xbox controller to play GTA V through the Epic Games launcher. I have done this by adding it as a non-steam game. A couple days ago it stopped working and now the...
  7. Friday the 13: The Game no longer backwards compatible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friday the 13: The Game no longer backwards compatible?: I have Friday the 13th the Game on disc, and even though the disc can be read and played fine in my Xbox One, my Series X will not recognize the disc no matter how many times I perform a power...
  8. Why does my card continue to get charged even when the card no longer exists

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my card continue to get charged even when the card no longer exists: I continue to get charged on my card that doesn't even exist anymore for the Xbox ultimate. This Xbox was sold in that account isn't even used anymore. Microsoft makes it virtually impossible to...
  9. Spouses Microsoft account got hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Spouses Microsoft account got hacked: My spouses Microsoft account got hacked. She still has access to her emails on outlook but lost access to her Microsoft and Xbox account. The primary email was never changed but the recovery email...
  10. Email was not sent to holder of account but spouse. States child's account will be...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email was not sent to holder of account but spouse. States child's account will be...: Consent and suspending of account for Xbox df237b3b-2bc3-4c05-9c95-d6bc31abde92