My sons xbox account got hacked and email has been changed. How does he get his account back?

Discus and support My sons xbox account got hacked and email has been changed. How does he get his account back? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My 14 year old son xbox account got hacked and the hacker changed the email address and I am having trouble getting it back . Changing the password... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LilChaosMarie, May 19, 2020.

1. My sons xbox account got hacked and email has been changed. How does he get his account back?

My 14 year old son xbox account got hacked and the hacker changed the email address and I am having trouble getting it back . Changing the password isnt helping. I contacted my bank and got a new debit card because my debit card was on that account.
    He has over thousand dollars of video games on there. Please help us someone. My sons xbox account got hacked and email has been changed.  How does he get his account back? :(

:)

LilChaosMarie, May 19, 2020
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

My sons xbox account got hacked and email has been changed. How does he get his account back?

Hello LilChaosMarie,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your son's email address to his Microsoft account has been changed without authorization. We have a support article that explains

how to manage a compromised account
    . If you still require assistance after using the steps in this article, we recommend
    requesting a call back or chatting with a live agent for additional support. Be sure to let us know the results
    LilChaosMarie!
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account

How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account
    Applies to: Microsoft account

What does this guided walk-through do?

Provides steps to help you take back control of your Microsoft account.

How does it work?

We'll begin by asking you questions about the issue you're experiencing. Next, we’ll take you through a series of troubleshooting steps that are specific to your situation.

Reasons to think your account has been hacked

There are two reasons you might think your account has been hacked.

• You may have received a message from Microsoft that says, “Help us secure your account”. That means we have seen some activity on your account that is out of the ordinary enough for us to take measures to lock down your account until you can take action.
    • You have seen activity such as unauthorized charges, spam being sent to your contact list, unrecognized names in your file sharing, etc.
  4. NICCID10 Win User

Locked out of Microsoft account & Xbox

My son has had the same thing happen to him. His account has been hacked in the early hours of the morning and he has woken to a series of changes on his account. His account email address has been changed ( so technically he has no account), passwords reset, family deleted and all his security changed. He cannot use the recover password as the email is no longer valid on the account. We cannot contact customer services either as its all fully automated and there is no option for our situation? Have you managed to get anywhere yet?
  5. LazyNick Win User

Xbox One Account & Console hacked into!!!!!!

Srry i can help with this mess! The console was not hacked into, the account was. With (Xbox One) if someone is downloading content with ur sons account , games or dlc will download in background as soon as he signs into his xbox. It will be shown under
    my games and apps section. Its basically your download history section, like xbox 360 has.

I do believe u ur son was hacked but not his xbox but his account was. They are probably using the My home xbox setting, its new to xbox . As long as u change it back to ur xbox as home, the hacker wont be able to play these games. But u wont be getting
    ur money back in any case , srry for your problem cause i was too ive been hacked before so i know how this works. And about being hacked he probably signed into a fake site n signed in with his xbox live info, and thats most likely how he got hacked.
  6. KindGryphon Win User

How to restore my Microsoft Account without 2FA and backup emails?

[mod removed]

My Microsoft account got hacked. The hacker was baiting me to get him verification codes of changing the security info of my account, then got raid of my account.

He deleted the original email of my account which is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" then somehow changed the account email to another one named
    "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" (These info is shown in first image, check attachments).
    After doing so, he got raid of all my security stuff like verify phone number and email.He was clearly hacking my account. He literally deleted my original email of this account "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***", if he is not hacking this account, he has no need to do it...

I really need help!
    "My Microsoft account got hacked. The hacker was baiting me to get him verification codes of changing the security info of my account, then got raid of my account."

You didnt actually give him the verification codes did you? If so this would've been what allowed everything else that happened afterwards to occur.
Thema:

1. My sons xbox account got hacked and email has been changed. How does he get his account back? - Similar Threads - sons account got

2. My son mistakenly redeemed his vbucks to my microsoft account, instead of his microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son mistakenly redeemed his vbucks to my microsoft account, instead of his microsoft...: My son mistakenly redeemed his fortnite vbucks to my microsoft account, instead of his microsoft account. We would like to transfer them over to his account. How do I correct this issue? Thank...
  3. Son hacked, how to get back his account

in XBoX on Windows
    Son hacked, how to get back his account: Hello, my son's account has been hacked, I can see in my family sharing panel that his email has been changed from [mod removd] to [mod removed] Also, I can see in the last email he received that...
  4. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  5. How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?: I added my son's gift card to my Microsoft account for the Xbox. It is not letting me transfer to his account, can anyone help me on how to do this please? 19670d29-854f-4ef9-8be4-14327a41525b
  6. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  7. can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?: After getting a new Pc i no longer can log in to my minecraft account. I used my microsoft account with my sons minecraft account. Now i no longer have acces to my old email and cant log in on my...
  8. My son's account got perma banned when we were away, no reason given, no details (all boxes...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son's account got perma banned when we were away, no reason given, no details (all boxes...: Hi, I have a family account that has both my son's xbox account on it and mine. We were were away on holiday and returned home to find his account had been perman banned (and IP banned) so I...
  9. My 7 year son account got blocked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 7 year son account got blocked?: My 7 year son account got blocked... Why?? Account used to send excess of garbage mails?? Are you serious?? The boy just play LEGO's... I tried to unblock in the site with my phone number but i...
  10. Son got account banned. Wondering why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Son got account banned. Wondering why?: I got on today to see an account ban. Just wondering why so I can speak with my son regarding it. 06fc1679-667b-44b9-9301-f8cef044efa4