My son's family account has been hacked

Discus and support My son's family account has been hacked in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi - I am the manager of my son's account. Someone hacked into my son's account, changed password and access email. It was flagged as suspicious... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nils Krahe, Oct 31, 2023.

1. Nils Krahe
    Nils Krahe Guest

Hi - I am the manager of my son's account. Someone hacked into my son's account, changed password and access email. It was flagged as suspicious activity via email sent by Microsoft, but as we discovered these emails after the attempt (which appeared to have taken 5 minutes and originated from the Netherlands per this alert email), access was lost and we can no longer sign-into his account ("account under original email does not exist").

How do we regain access? My son played minecraft on his computer using this account yesterday; I also tried to verify information using an X Box via console ID, but were not successful.

My son is desperate and I very much appreciate your help.

:)

Nils Krahe, Oct 31, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Nils K, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

I'm sorry to hear that someone stole your son's account. In such cases, the only thing you can do is submit a recovery form. If you can still perform actions with your email, you can fill out the recovery form and the responsible team will help you recover your account.

Form: https://account.live.com/acsr

In case you cannot fill out the form, below I leave you the links to contact support by message or call.

Support: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/

In the following link you will find the Microsoft support numbers, and you must select the number depending on your Country/Region where you are currently located, then you must write down the number and call.

https://support.microsoft.com/topic...-numbers-c0389ade-5640-e588-8b0e-28de8afeb3f2

If you find this information useful, please let me know; Otherwise, I'll be happy to help!

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

My son's account has been hacked...

Hey Geneviève

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently unable to recover your sons account.

Normally we would encourage you to follow the
    Compromised Account Solution
    wizard, however, considering the gravity of the situation and how far along this has gotten I would instead recommend that you Contact

Xbox Customer Support
    as they will be better equipped to help you in this situation.

Its worth noting that if you can fill out the
    Account Self Recovery
    request form, prior to reaching out to support, might give you an edge here.

You can follow these steps to get ahold of an agent:

• Step 1: Scroll down, and select Support at the bottom left hand side under
      Xbox.
    • Step 2: At the bottom of the page, click on
      Contact Us
    • Step 3 : Select Xbox One then See other options
    • Step 4 : Select your Issue –
      How to protect your account
      • Select - Show contact options
      • Select –
        Request a call from Support

I hope this was of some help to you.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

My sons account has been hacked

Hi RobBell6. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

When an account gets hacked, you must act fast to increase your chances of recovering it. Since the account's email has been changed, I'm afraid it will no longer be possible to recover the account. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

For future reference, here are some tips to keep your account safe and secure: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/628538c2-7006-33bb-5ef4-c917657362b9
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

> Why are Microsoft unable to send recovery details to the email address associated with the account?

Because that email address is no longer associated with the account.

> Also if it can’t be recovered how do I cancel the Xbox Live subscription

Microsoft can only assist with billing queries if you have access to the account. You'll need to contact your bank or financial institution to cancel the charges. If you pay with card I'd suggest cancelling the card too.

Please reach back if you have further questions.
  6. RobBell6 Win User

Why are Microsoft unable to send recovery details to the email address associated with the account?

Also if it can’t be recovered how do I cancel the Xbox Live subscription because I can’t cancel it via the Xbox or accessing the account
Thema:

1. My son's family account has been hacked - Similar Threads - son's family account

2. I have 2 Xbox 1’s. One is the family’s console, other is my sons. I recently purchased an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have 2 Xbox 1’s. One is the family’s console, other is my sons. I recently purchased an...: All 3 consoles are now mirrored. All of the X1 games show up on the X. Groups are the same ect. If I move groups, delete games ect on my Xbox X then it deletes them from both xbox 1’s. Now my son...
  3. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  4. Do I need to remove my sons account from family?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need to remove my sons account from family?: Hi I bought a new Xbox X and have set it to my home with my account which has Xbox ultimate. My son uses my old Xbox one and has been using my ultimate pass to play games. I am aware this cant...
  5. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  6. How do I add my son to my xbox one when he already has an account on his mother's family group.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add my son to my xbox one when he already has an account on his mother's family group.: I am divorced. My sons have xbox accounts on a family group created by their mother. I am trying to set them up on my xbox one and created a family group of my own but it appears that they can't...
  7. I am getting an error trying to add money to my son's account in Family Safety.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am getting an error trying to add money to my son's account in Family Safety.: I get the following error when I am trying to add funds to my son's account in Family Safety. I went through the get more info link and verified that my credit card is up to date, I do not have...
  8. I cannot access the spending section on my sons account within our family group.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot access the spending section on my sons account within our family group.: My son has his card details on the xbox but he cannot buy anything as it makes him ask for permission but then nothing comes through on his phone or mine, or our emails. When I log into my...
  9. My son was permanently banned on our family account, please see details below.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son was permanently banned on our family account, please see details below.: We have had a main Xbox account for over 15 years and all our games are purchased on this account. My son who uses the account was permanently banned for poor language that his friends "reported"...
  10. My son cannot do multi player on Minecraft because he is on a family account. How do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son cannot do multi player on Minecraft because he is on a family account. How do I...: We do not have xbox. He does Minecraft on his apple air and his iPad. We have a family account but it's telling me to have him send a new request so it won't even set up properly. I've tried...