My son was persuaded to give someone his mobile number, and subsequent passcode when they...

Discus and support My son was persuaded to give someone his mobile number, and subsequent passcode when they... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; My son was persuaded to give his mobile number and subsequent passcode to an online gamer who then bought in game stuff that is now charged to my son’s... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by SeanCV, Dec 5, 2023.

1. SeanCV
    SeanCV Guest

My son was persuaded to give someone his mobile number, and subsequent passcode when they...

My son was persuaded to give his mobile number and subsequent passcode to an online gamer who then bought in game stuff that is now charged to my son’s phone. Can Microsoft identify the gamer using the mobile number.

Can Microsoft cancel those skins?

:)

SeanCV, Dec 5, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

My son was persuaded to give someone his mobile number, and subsequent passcode when they purchased in game skins. Are Microsoft able to see the gamer who those skins where delivered to?

The only people that can access the name and other information of the third-party is law-enforcement with a proper subpoena. Microsoft cannot give that information to anyone else.

No one here has access to your account or anything to do with money, only Xbox Support can do that. This is a tech support forum only.

I suggest yoh open a ticket with support as they are the ones who can access your account.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

My son was persuaded to give someone his mobile number, and subsequent passcode when they purchased in game skins. Are Microsoft able to see the gamer who those skins where delivered to?

Hello SeanCV,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello SeanCV,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your son's account was compromised by an online scammer. This is a serious issue, and we are here to help you.

First, you should change your son's password and security settings as soon as possible to prevent further unauthorized purchases.

You can do this by following the steps in this link: Change your Microsoft account password - Microsoft Support

Second, you should report the scammer to Xbox Live Enforcement Team by filling out this form: Enforcements | Xbox Support
    You will need to provide the scammer's gamertag, the date and time of the incident, and any evidence you have, such as screenshots or messages.

Third, you should contact your mobile service provider and dispute the charges that were made without your consent. You may be able to get a refund or a credit for the purchases.

Unfortunately, Microsoft cannot cancel or transfer the skins that were bought by the scammer. The skins are tied to the account that purchased them and cannot be moved to another account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We hope this information helps you resolve the issue. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. SeanCV Win User

HI

So Microsoft are saying it has nothing to do with them, even though I did not authorize this payment, and that the skins have gone to a separate person ( not even the account that is getting charged>

O2 are saying it has nothing to do with them and wont repay the funds.

I request that you cancel the payment charge to 02 and refund this money.

Sean
  6. GarethHarper Win User

Xbox One software updates are slow and unreliable yet Internet speeds are good

Thank you - hopefully, my son will be persuaded tomorrow...
Thema:

1. My son was persuaded to give someone his mobile number, and subsequent passcode when they... - Similar Threads - son was persuaded

2. How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?: I added my son's gift card to my Microsoft account for the Xbox. It is not letting me transfer to his account, can anyone help me on how to do this please? 19670d29-854f-4ef9-8be4-14327a41525b
  3. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830
  4. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  5. My son can hear his teammates but they can’t hear him?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son can hear his teammates but they can’t hear him?: We have Xbox one and playing fortnight, 1. I got new headphones ‘Turtle beach Recon’ and 2. enabled the voice chat with friends only 3. Enabled ‘Push on talk’ while configuring the Push on...
  6. I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...: I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t loaded to his email or mine. This is the second gift card that has vanished into Xbox world. :(...
  7. Bought an xbox gold 6 month pass for my son from argos and its not working just says...

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought an xbox gold 6 month pass for my son from argos and its not working just says...: I've purchased an xbox gold 6months pass for my son from argos trying to redeem but it's saying something went wrong. Any ideas on why it's not working 3ce7e316-6a0a-4b79-a05c-a6f9a80d78a3
  8. I need help with recovering my son password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with recovering my son password: I need assistance. We bought our son a new xbox when putting in his email he forgot his password. Please assist me as I tried everything possible f2496e23-9c01-49b9-a747-67891eb08e1d
  9. I have just bought my son a new Xbox but the email on his current Xbox isn’t right so all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have just bought my son a new Xbox but the email on his current Xbox isn’t right so all...: I have just bought my son a new Xbox but the email on his current Xbox isn’t right so all his data and such have not saved to his account. Is there anything I can do?...
  10. can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?: After getting a new Pc i no longer can log in to my minecraft account. I used my microsoft account with my sons minecraft account. Now i no longer have acces to my old email and cant log in on my...