My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.

Discus and support My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; My son plays Fortnite most days with friends and it alwasy works fine. Today his friends can’t hear him, but he can hear them. We have tried a... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by CL92, May 21, 2024.

1. CL92
    CL92 Guest

My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.

My son plays Fortnite most days with friends and it alwasy works fine. Today his friends can’t hear him, but he can hear them. We have tried a different headset and have the same problem. We have ensured in settings that it is turned to everyone. We’ve been googling for hours trying lots of things but nothing has worked! Please help, thank you

:)

2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi CL92, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, can you give more details?

Are you playing on an Xbox Console or a PC?

If he's using a console, please, run the audio setup tool.

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

Select the Audio setup option under Advanced.

Highlight the audio setup option you wish to use and then press the A button to begin the audio test.

I hope this helps.

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshoot-sound
  3. CL92 Win User

Hi it’s Xbox series X the audio is working in so far as he can hear others it’s just his friends can’t hear him. We have tried what you suggested but this appears to be do to with speakers. Thank you
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hello CL92,

On the audio testing, did his microphone work?

Please, power cycle the console to clear its cache data and try again.

To do it, follow these steps:

Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 60 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 60 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console
  5. beckymew Win User

headset

hi, its a TB Recon 150, wired. I have tried a new TB Recon 50P and have the same issue. My son mainly plays Fortnite but we have tried Minecraft too and we can still hear sound through the TV as well as through the headset. He can hear his friends but
    they can't hear him when playing Fortnite.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

My son can hear his teammates but they can’t hear him?

Using the A button for push to talk is a bad idea, it's one of the ost used buttons on the controller and may be the root of your issue.

Which Turtle beach recon did you buy? is it the Xbox version?
Thema:

1. My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them. - Similar Threads - son plays Fortnite

2. My son trys to play free games from the xbox store

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son trys to play free games from the xbox store: So my son has his own xbox and he would like to play games on it but when he goes to the xbox store and downloads it that all works fine but when he clicks the app to start play it never gets...
  3. I have a question, can my son play online against me if he doesn't have the game on his...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a question, can my son play online against me if he doesn't have the game on his...: I have a question, can my son play online against me if he doesn't have the game on his system? Obviously in separate accounts? 5f680fc7-5381-4cc0-92e0-0d689d95fb78
  4. Can my son play online, against me if he does not have the game on his system?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my son play online, against me if he does not have the game on his system?: Can my son play against me online if he does not own the same game on his system? 8ff006b9-eed4-4546-8137-4ec74a09332a
  5. I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...: I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play roblox, it asks for a disc to be inserted? What's the issue? Only happening on the old xbox....
  6. We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...: We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play too? Does she need a gamer tag? I’m keen to set up a family but how can I if my son has the gamer pass?...
  7. Why wont my son's iPhone Xbox app connect to cloud for him to play on the backbone

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my son's iPhone Xbox app connect to cloud for him to play on the backbone: My son has an iPhone 13 with a new backbone for Christmas. We can not get the app to connect to the cloud only console or PC. How do we fix this? 475c1227-840f-4b71-b82d-944fc8914085
  8. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  9. My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription: Hi, we have an Xbox series X and I have a game pass ultimate subscription. My son is a member of my family with all the privacy settings set to allow him to play online. The Xbox is set as a Home...
  10. Trying to play multiplayer with my son

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play multiplayer with my son: I'm trying to play a purchased multiplayer game on two Xbox's in my house with my son. We both have game pass plans. Do I also have to buy two copies of the game? That'd be ridiculous....