My son is now 18 and wants his own xbox account - how do we split up the account ? (away...

Discus and support My son is now 18 and wants his own xbox account - how do we split up the account ? (away... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Can he keep his progress and updates too? f5ba9ae0-a21c-450c-b567-31cd8e95f777 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by IanMallon, Dec 6, 2022.

1. IanMallon
    IanMallon Guest

My son is now 18 and wants his own xbox account - how do we split up the account ? (away...

Can he keep his progress and updates too?

:)

IanMallon, Dec 6, 2022
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

My son is now 18 and wants his own xbox account - how do we split up the account ? (away from the family. ie. me)

you should have created him is own account as a child account, nothing can be split from your microsoft account and he will have to start new. i made my kids their own accounts when they were 2 and 3 and so forth, now they are adults and their accounts converted to adult accounts.

you can keeo the console as your home console and he can access the games etc from his new profile but yes he will need to start over.
  3. IanMallon Win User

My son is now 18 and wants his own xbox account - how do we split up the account ? (away from the family. ie. me)

Hi, yes it was on the back of my account.. his profile. As he was like 14. Now he's old enough to have his own account and we want to know how he can take over his updates and progress. Hope you can help ?
  4. IanMallon Win User

Hi, yes I use the logon email for many things. When I got the Xbox a few years ago for my son, I had to put it in my name / account as he wasn't old enough. He is old enough now as I've mentioned. What is the optimal process to split him off from my account. We did everything right as far as I can tell.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Are you using your Microsoft account for other services? I can guide you in changing the primary email address but if the domain of your Microsoft account but according to Xbox support:

'When removing an email alias that’s connected to a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can’t be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft doesn’t recycle email addresses, so it can’t be reclaimed at a future time.'
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I apologize but the Xbox profile is linked to the Microsoft account. We can change the primary alias but that may cause issues if the Microsoft account is used for other services.

Also, I would like to clarify that I got it correctly, is he using your account?
Thema:

1. My son is now 18 and wants his own xbox account - how do we split up the account ? (away... - Similar Threads - son wants own

2. My son wants to buy a gaming PC, will he lose all of his XBox games? Including the new...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son wants to buy a gaming PC, will he lose all of his XBox games? Including the new...: My son wants to buy a gaming PC, will he lose all of his XBox games? Including the new Fifa 23? a750e4f0-a86c-4612-b7ae-6d04b453b7ee
  3. Hello.... so my son wanted to play minecraft with friends we got gamepass but have bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello.... so my son wanted to play minecraft with friends we got gamepass but have bought...: Hello.... so my son wanted to play minecraft with friends we got gamepass but have bought the wrong one. Is there anyway we can chance this rather then having to buy another gamepass...
  4. I want to share my game pass subscription with my son on his console how can I do this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to share my game pass subscription with my son on his console how can I do this?: I just recently got myself a Xbox series x and wanted to give my Xbox one x to my son can we both use game pass ultimate and how can I do this? 6c5b3969-9806-4603-b0c6-762d0336eb1c
  5. Purchased xbox live gold by mistake and then purchased xbox game pass which my son wanted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased xbox live gold by mistake and then purchased xbox game pass which my son wanted.: Xbox live gold membership dissapeared. Is there a way to get that licence back - can it be reused at a later time or be refunded? It wasn't used at all. d05871e6-f802-4da7-b281-3d4a587a418a
  6. My son has become an adult. I want to move my son's xbox account to his own email address....

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has become an adult. I want to move my son's xbox account to his own email address....: How move my 18 year old's xbox account from my Microsoft account (email address X) to his Microsoft Account (email address Y). f1afbc84-ec70-4a9c-a6c7-15bb2c494907
  7. Hi, why can I not use the multi player on java minecraft? My son want's to play with his...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, why can I not use the multi player on java minecraft? My son want's to play with his...: Hi, why can I not use the multi player on java minecraft? My son want's to play with his friends, but I can't figure out where to fix the settings. 533dfb84-1f05-4c8f-8c6d-3f6169216bd2
  8. My son something he REALLY wants, how can he fix this limited time offer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son something he REALLY wants, how can he fix this limited time offer?: My son is trying to purchase a limited item on RL, he has an Xbox gift card, and it’s showing on his account that he has $25 credit, but it wouldn’t let him buy it. It was the 20XX TITANIUM WHITE...
  9. My son bought something on fifa 22 and it didn't give him it and I want to return it but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son bought something on fifa 22 and it didn't give him it and I want to return it but...: My son bought some fifa points and they didnt show and I want a refund because I dont want to lose the money I've requested already a refund but you guys denied it please refund it...
  10. I want to stop my son from downloading free games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to stop my son from downloading free games.: I want to stop my son from downloading free games on Xbox game pass. Is this possible? I’ve set up his own account and put all the age restriction on it. I’ve stopped him downloading paid for...