My son has set up his xbox one no problem apart from the fact that he cant use his live to play

Discus and support My son has set up his xbox one no problem apart from the fact that he cant use his live to play in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; it says that I as his mom need to sign in, I dont have an account my son has used my microsoft account and its added him as a child account. I'm quite... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CRUSHER 10183, Jan 2, 2017.

1. My son has set up his xbox one no problem apart from the fact that he cant use his live to play

it says that I as his mom need to sign in, I dont have an account my son has used my microsoft account and its added him as a child account. I'm quite happy to change this but as i dont have an account i can't. what do i do

:)

CRUSHER 10183, Jan 2, 2017
  2. Logging in with email on xbox LIVE

My son is on xbox live, he created a gmail email account to use with it. He can log in and play his games, etc. but he can't log in to change his account settings. Snce setting this up, gmail figured out that he is not yet 13 years old and disabled his
    email account. Now he can neither log in nor can he change his email address. He can't reset is password b/c he no longer has access to that email account. I have asked him what difference this makes if he can still play games and all and he gave me some response
    about a friend whose account was disabled because of an email problem (again, my son has no problem as yet). I am not up on anything xbox related, so can anyone tell me what the problem is if he cannot access the email with which the account was set up? Thanks
    in advance

SilkiestRacer87, Jan 2, 2017
  3. wotsinaname
    wotsinaname Guest
    xbox account compensation

my problem is, my sons account couldn't play bf4, so the nice guys at ms have deleted his account and i've had to set up a new one. the problem they say was their end. i've set up a new account and am awaiting ms to phone back with a new code as he has 11
    months left on his old account for his gold subscriptions. his console is a day one xbox one, he has lost his fifa14 code, day one achievement and all the money he has spent on his account on his 360 that he started on. will i get the monies back and a new
    fifa code?

wotsinaname, Jan 2, 2017
  4. My son has set up his xbox one no problem apart from the fact that he cant use his live to play

greg_window10_installer, Jan 2, 2017
  5. greg_window10_instal Win User

My son has set up his xbox one no problem apart from the fact that he cant use his live to play

6. mrjeremy014 Win User

Change date of birth

But the fact that XBOX cant rectify the problem is the issue. I am a parent and I'm annoyed that my son can't play his game. His account is set to adult settings so I assumed he would be able to play his game. This is not the case since XBOX apparently wants
    to play my role as the parent. If I, the adult of the house, decide that it's acceptable for my child to play this game, why is XBOX interfering? It seems to me that this could have been avoided is to have had my son lie about his age from the start, and THAT,
    I don't condone.
  7. caresrg Win User

Possible to share games between 2 household xbox one's?

I haven't done this myself, but to follow up on I08Stitches' post, I follow a blogger who has a setup like yours. He has the Xbox he uses set to be HIS SON'S Home Xbox, and his son's Xbox set up to be HIS Home Xbox. He signs in on his own console; his son
    signs in on his son's. They both have access to all the games.
  8. Evil 1eprechaun Win User

account gone missing

sorry my original post didnt show up so here it is again..my son brought his hard drive to his friends house to play the xbox " not live " when he came home to play online his account and profile were gone,He cant remember his email or password for his account,is
    there any way to get it back..he has 8 months left gold account......
  9. BauxiticTiara5 Win User

Can't download Minecraft...it says to change Privacy Settings and I have done this?

same happened to my son ,he is crying now. the only reason for buying xbox360 and xboxlive is to play mine craft with his friends online .now he cant play it because of this ridiculous setting. it says one of your member has a restricted setting so I changed
    all his and my account setting to be able to play it online .now he can play even all type of 18+ games online while he cant play mincraft which is 7+ my son is 10 years old,it is so annoying.I phoned microsoft and they told me that they cant help with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is not it kind of trap guys?
Thema:

1. My son has set up his xbox one no problem apart from the fact that he cant use his live to play - Similar Threads - son has set

2. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  3. My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...: My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the xbox ultimate game pass subscription to the new xbox. Thanks. 7efe3e50-e73a-4500-92be-37f2fd992f6e
  4. My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...: I don't know what he has done or how he has done it but he had an xbox account. He is now logged in with the same email but different gamer tag snd none of his previous info is linked. So no...
  5. My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...: The Cross Play feature is enabled, they are friends but when he tries to add him to play a game he isn't there for selection in the Online friends list. In fact it doesn't even show the Online...
  6. We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...: We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play too? Does she need a gamer tag? I’m keen to set up a family but how can I if my son has the gamer pass?...
  7. My email address is on my son's xbox account (gamer tag); his email address has my xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My email address is on my son's xbox account (gamer tag); his email address has my xbox...: Set up years ago when he was little... Let's say Dad's email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** and son's email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...
  8. My son has been logged out and we have no access to the email addresa it was set up to many...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has been logged out and we have no access to the email addresa it was set up to many...: Logged out and no access to email account set to e34d4992-3f20-4ba4-8c50-b75f503d82db
  9. Am I able to gameshare MWIII vault edition with my son who has his xbox set as my home xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I able to gameshare MWIII vault edition with my son who has his xbox set as my home xbox...: Am I able to gameshare MWIII vault edition with my son who has his xbox set as my home xbox if I preorder it? It says full MWII content is available with the pre-order, so would I be able to...
  10. My son has suddenly died. He set up a account for my grandson for his Xbox and now we can’t...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has suddenly died. He set up a account for my grandson for his Xbox and now we can’t...: My son has suddenly died he set up an account for my grandson for his Xbox now we can’t gain access for my grandson as we don’t know the email or security info please help...