my son can't play minecraft realms even though it's permitted in X box family settings

Discus and support my son can't play minecraft realms even though it's permitted in X box family settings in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son recently bought Minecraft Starter Edition for his Xbox series X so he can play Minecraft with his friends on-line. He's a child so I manage his... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Catharine Winstanley, Jan 13, 2023.

1. my son can't play minecraft realms even though it's permitted in X box family settings

My son recently bought Minecraft Starter Edition for his Xbox series X so he can play Minecraft with his friends on-line. He's a child so I manage his account settings for him through Xbox Family.

I've set it so he can:

a) join clubs

b) join cross network play

c) join multiplayer on Xbox

Under "manage minecraft", it says that game play is allowed, multiplayer is allowed, and realms is allowed. Yet he can't play, not even by himself! He gets the error other people report saying his settings need to be updated in his Microsoft account. What am I doing wrong? We've tried turning the Xbox off and on multiple times. He can play other games like Fortnite just fine that are multiplayer.

:)

Catharine Winstanley, Jan 13, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

my son can't play minecraft realms even though it's permitted in X box family settings

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Does he have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription? It is required to play an online multiplayer game such as Minecraft. Fortnite is a free to play game which does not require an Xbox Live Gold.

To check follow the steps below:

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select System > Settings > Account > Subscriptions.
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Cross play on a child account

Hello,

Some games require you to enable cross-play in

the game settings to be able to do this - this doesn’t

apply to Minecraft though.

You don't need to manually enable cross play for Minecraft Realms as this is already set up, just make sure your son and his friend’s account privacy settings allow them to play online. To adjust these settings, sign in to the Privacy & online safety page.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help...e-online-safety-and-privacy-settings-xbox-one

Note: If your son is on a child account, an adult from the same Microsoft family will need to sign in and change these account settings.

To play Minecraft Realms, you need to allow the following settings:

“You can play with people outside of Xbox Live”

“You can create and join clubs”

“You can join multiplayer games”

When adjusting any account settings, make sure to select ‘submit’ to confirm and save these changes.

Set the above settings to allow and your son should be able to play online with friends. Although if you experience any issues with this, here is a multiplayer troubleshooting page:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us...ecraft-Realms-and-Multiplayer-Troubleshooting

Minecraft Realms FAQ

In case needed, I’ll leave the instructions to join a Realm below:

To join a Realm on Minecraft, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Realms Menu from the Main Menu

of Minecraft.

2. From the list of Realms available to the player, select

the one they want to join.

3. Once selected, that particular Realm will become

available to the player.

Each Realm that a player joins first requires an invitation, indicated by the flashing mail icon.

A Realm's current status is indicated by the colored

dot next to it: green means that the Realm is open

and available to join, yellow indicates that it expires soon, and red indicates that the Realm has expired or has

been closed by the owner.

Any questions, I’m happy to help! :)
  4. GonsioRe Win User

Minecraft problem with multiplayer - parental control?

I have the same problem. Settings are set correctly, but my daughter can't connect to Minecraft Realms or even accept invitation.
  5. RnsaRns Win User

We can't join Minecraft Realm on XBox but can on other Platforms

My son and I have been playing Minecraft on iPad and Android tablet for a while now and have a Realm set up so that we can play with our friends online. We have had zero access issues getting onto the Realm.

We have just bought an Xbox One Console, installed Minecraft but neither of us can get onto Realms.

We get this message:

"You cannot play on Realms because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy and online safety settings on aka.ms/accountsettings"

My sons Microsoft account is an adult account.

My Microsoft account is an adult account.

We have our privacy and online safety settings set to allow multiplayer gaming and joining clubs which is what is recommended to get onto Realms. We've had no issue on the iPad or on the Android tablet.

We've checked all our setting over and over again via PC login into our Microsoft/Xbox accounts and these setting mirror the settings we see when we check our privacy and online safety setting on the Xbox console.

I re-iterate - allow multiplayer gaming and joining clubs - both required for Minecraft Realms.

What is restricting our access?

How do we resolve this?

It's infuriating!

N.B. Our accounts are totally separate - we don't use the Family settings and don't have a Family group set up. Just adding this to avoid people suggesting we need to change settings within Family settings as this is NOT set up.
    I can,t create releams
  6. DaftCamboJoe Win User

World of tanks on XBOX1 today

Tried cross platform play on WOT I'm on the x box one,son on his 360,when in the platoon section it didn't even show him as being online,even though his settings are 'appear online',sent him a game invite through the x box friends section andhe doesn't receive
    it,same the other way round,very confusing and annoying
Thema:

1. my son can't play minecraft realms even though it's permitted in X box family settings - Similar Threads - son can't play

2. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  3. Sons account can't play game pass games I pay for, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sons account can't play game pass games I pay for, why?: My son is 15 and I'm 53, he plays the xbox but I pay for game pass ultimate. So we have two accounts although I never play xbox games. If I download a game pass game I can play it but he can't,...
  4. Why can't I play multiplayer games with my son in the same house?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I play multiplayer games with my son in the same house?: I play on Steam and my son plays on Xbox in the same house. Even though we both have cross play enabled and we both can play cross platform with other friends we cannot play multiplayer games with...
  5. Can't play Halo with my son when we played together previously...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Halo with my son when we played together previously...: My son and I have been playing Halo: Master Chief Collection together recently. We have played together in several firefights and started a campaign on Halo CE. We last played together 2 days ago...
  6. Can't play xbox at the same time as my son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play xbox at the same time as my son: My son has his own gamertag under my account. Just now, I tried to log in to play Dying Light 2 but it said I'm already logged in on another account. My son said that when he logs on to his...
  7. Can't play at the same time as my son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play at the same time as my son: Hi me and my son both have xbox ones, we both have xbox live subscriptions and separate gamer tags, for some reason recently it will not let us play at the same time unless one signs the other...
  8. My son can't play games I downloaded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son can't play games I downloaded: Hi - new to all of this. Just got an XBox Series S. Bought Ultimate Game Pass via my account. Downloaded some games to the console. We can play them fine when I am logged in. But when we log him...
  9. Son can't play Levelhead due to ""the current users privacy settings for user generated...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Son can't play Levelhead due to ""the current users privacy settings for user generated...: We have an Xbox gamepass, and are set up for parental controls through a parent account online. We do not have an Xbox, they play games on their PCs. When trying to play Levelhead my son gets the...
  10. A second Xbox in house but can't play on-line same game with son.

in XBoX on Consoles
    A second Xbox in house but can't play on-line same game with son.: So, I know a bunch has been written on similar subject but I have one that can't find answer. Original Xbox (Xbox1): I bought ModernWarfare under my account. Wife has a Live Gold (which I didn't...