My son can't play games I downloaded

Discus and support My son can't play games I downloaded in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi - new to all of this. Just got an XBox Series S. Bought Ultimate Game Pass via my account. Downloaded some games to the console. We can play them... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlanSpoll, Dec 28, 2020.

1. AlanSpoll
    AlanSpoll Guest

Hi - new to all of this. Just got an XBox Series S. Bought Ultimate Game Pass via my account. Downloaded some games to the console. We can play them fine when I am logged in. But when we log him in, it says he has to log in as me to play them. That is not
    how I understood this to work. I checked and the console is set as my Home Console. What else could be wrong here?

Thanks!

:)

AlanSpoll, Dec 28, 2020
  2. MLA800M Win User

Hi, just to be sure, is the console is set as your home xbox on YOUR account? (log in on your account, not your son’s. Go to settings > general > personalization > my home Xbox).

if so, you should automatically share your games, gold subscription and gamepass with other accounts on that console. I believe you understood that correctly.

If you are sure its your home xbox and it is still not working, i can only think of 2 other reasons:

-parental controls: maybe your son’s account is set as a kids account and the game is rated for adults?

-or maybe you set up content restrictions? (Settings > system > signed-out content restrictions)
  3. AlanSpoll Win User

Yes, it is set up as the home xbox on my account, not my son's.

His account is set as a kids account, yes. But the same message about me needing to log in shows up for every game. That includes Descenders, which is rated Everyone.

Just checked, and we have nothing set up under signed-out content restrictions.
  4. AlanSpoll Win User

As I mentioned above, I already checked and made sure that the console was set as my Home Console.
  5. abdulh pizza Win User

search up on youtube "how to set home xbox" or something along those lines should help you
  6. EradiKate8117 Win User

About to throw Xbox out the window

Hi again,

I have already done this without success.

Xbox 1

= Son 1 Xbox and set to Home Xbox

= My profile is on here as well as Son 1s profile

Xbox 2

= Son 2 Xbox

= My profile is on here as well as Son 2s profile.

Son 1 plays on xbox 1 on his profile and game says you must log in to the account that downloaded the game.

So he logs into my account....Games work

Son 2 plays on xbox 2 on his profile says you must log in to account that downloaded the game.

Log into my account, games work for son 2, but son 1 Now can't play the games
Thema:

1. My son can't play games I downloaded - Similar Threads - son can't play

2. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  3. Sons account can't play game pass games I pay for, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sons account can't play game pass games I pay for, why?: My son is 15 and I'm 53, he plays the xbox but I pay for game pass ultimate. So we have two accounts although I never play xbox games. If I download a game pass game I can play it but he can't,...
  4. my son can't play minecraft realms even though it's permitted in X box family settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    my son can't play minecraft realms even though it's permitted in X box family settings: My son recently bought Minecraft Starter Edition for his Xbox series X so he can play Minecraft with his friends on-line. He's a child so I manage his account settings for him through Xbox Family....
  5. Why can't I play multiplayer games with my son in the same house?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I play multiplayer games with my son in the same house?: I play on Steam and my son plays on Xbox in the same house. Even though we both have cross play enabled and we both can play cross platform with other friends we cannot play multiplayer games with...
  6. Can't play Halo with my son when we played together previously...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Halo with my son when we played together previously...: My son and I have been playing Halo: Master Chief Collection together recently. We have played together in several firefights and started a campaign on Halo CE. We last played together 2 days ago...
  7. Can't play xbox at the same time as my son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play xbox at the same time as my son: My son has his own gamertag under my account. Just now, I tried to log in to play Dying Light 2 but it said I'm already logged in on another account. My son said that when he logs on to his...
  8. Can't play at the same time as my son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play at the same time as my son: Hi me and my son both have xbox ones, we both have xbox live subscriptions and separate gamer tags, for some reason recently it will not let us play at the same time unless one signs the other...
  9. Son can't play Levelhead due to ""the current users privacy settings for user generated...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Son can't play Levelhead due to ""the current users privacy settings for user generated...: We have an Xbox gamepass, and are set up for parental controls through a parent account online. We do not have an Xbox, they play games on their PCs. When trying to play Levelhead my son gets the...
  10. A second Xbox in house but can't play on-line same game with son.

in XBoX on Consoles
    A second Xbox in house but can't play on-line same game with son.: So, I know a bunch has been written on similar subject but I have one that can't find answer. Original Xbox (Xbox1): I bought ModernWarfare under my account. Wife has a Live Gold (which I didn't...