My son cant play a game without signing in as me first

Discus and support My son cant play a game without signing in as me first in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive had a look but cant find an answer. I gave my son and xbox 1 (set to child profile) and I also have an xbox 1. Ive downloaded games onto his xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by fitzy010109, Nov 10, 2021.

1. fitzy010109
    fitzy010109 Guest

Ive had a look but cant find an answer.

I gave my son and xbox 1 (set to child profile) and I also have an xbox 1. Ive downloaded games onto his xbox and they all seem to work fine, except for 1 game.

He loves playing batman lego but when ever he wants to play it, it comes up saying something along the lines of "the person who purchased this game needs to sign in" and so he has to sign me into his xbox (easy enough done) and then he can swap back to his account and play the game. Its only this game its doing it with, none of the others seem to be a problem.

Now alot of people have said to make his xbox the "home xbox" but if i do that, then every time i wanna go on mine wont i have the same issue? plus, it makes no sense for my sons xbox to be the "home xbox" when its my xbox that pays for live etc etc and he plays on his via that.

Am i missing something?? Its really frustrating for both me and him because he cant just go on and play his game without messing around.

Is there a way to fix this??

:)

fitzy010109, Nov 10, 2021
  2. fitzy010109 Win User

Thanks for the reply.

So, if i set his xbox as the "Home Xbox" that wont affect my xbox and games?? I dont share my xbox live etc with anyone else just my lad. But if i set his to "home" will i still be able to download the Games with Gold etc etc on mine?
  3. Smwutches Win User

Setting his console as your Home would allow him to access your games without you needing to sign in first. As long as you're signed in on your console, it won't have any affect on you since you own the games. But, if you do have other people sharing your games on your console, they would lose access on that console.
  4. fitzy010109 Win User

fantastic. i will give that a try.

Thanks alot mate
  5. Smwutches Win User

Yes. Since you own the subscription and games you can use them on any console as long as you're signed into Live.
  6. StikStakeSchtik Win User

XBOX ONE forcing purchaser of digital game to be logged in so others can use it? (!!!!!!!!)

There is *NO* second console. I am basing this discussion around the fact that I gave from the first post and what I am being told.

I bought the game under my account. I have silver. My son has gold.

Please explain what has to be done in order for my son to play the game without me logging in. My account is *ON* this an only this console. My son's account is *ON* this and only this console. If I do not log in, the game cannot be played by my son.
    What I want is the ability to have HIM "auto sign-in" and play the game.

- Unless I sign in he cannot play the game.

- MSFT voice support said the same thing (two different calls).
Thema:

1. My son cant play a game without signing in as me first - Similar Threads - son cant play

2. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  3. Why cant my son create a MyPlayer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant my son create a MyPlayer?: My son is part of my family on XBox. He has a 2k account and his birthday is older than 18. I also have went on Microsoft and removed the restrictions but it still says he does not meet the...
  4. Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic...: Maybe some lovely smart people can help me wrap my brain around this. It doesn't seem like it should be so confusing and hard to do but it is. I have been in contact with epic games support for...
  5. Cant play civilization 6 without game crashing. This is something new. Son having same...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant play civilization 6 without game crashing. This is something new. Son having same...: Civilization 6 game has been crashing after playing about 20 turns. If you reload game might get 10 turns before crashing. Son having same issue on his xbox. This is new. We have been playing game...
  6. Cant play games on my xbox one when my son is playing on his separate xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant play games on my xbox one when my son is playing on his separate xbox one: I have an xbox one in the living room which has live and Game Pass on it. At xmas we bought my son an xbox one and put it in his room. I logged into it so he has live and Game Pass so can...
  7. My son is trying to get access to play battlefield 1 but cant, How do i change his account age?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son is trying to get access to play battlefield 1 but cant, How do i change his account age?: I have tried to change my Microsoft account age but that didn't work, any suggestions 2a22cb2f-0386-49c0-8b4e-a28420af6e9e
  8. just bought son 360 and cant figure out how to play mine craft online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    just bought son 360 and cant figure out how to play mine craft online: can anyone help me figure out how to get him online playing with other people in different worlds like he was doing on his tablet? 39214ddb-9355-4ede-9e8a-a579314b72a7
  9. My son has set up his xbox one no problem apart from the fact that he cant use his live to play

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son has set up his xbox one no problem apart from the fact that he cant use his live to play: it says that I as his mom need to sign in, I dont have an account my son has used my microsoft account and its added him as a child account. I'm quite happy to change this but as i dont have an...
  10. My Son cant play online after I have entered 12m xbox live pre paid code

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Son cant play online after I have entered 12m xbox live pre paid code: Good morning. I got my 9 year old an xbox one for xmas and today the 14 day free trial expired. I got a 12months prepaid code and it all went through ok and I received the following confirmation...