My son cannot link his Fortnite account from pc to XBOX ONE

Discus and support My son cannot link his Fortnite account from pc to XBOX ONE in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. My son plays Fortnite on PC and now he wants to play it on Xbox but unfortunately he cannot do that as a message says: " To do this. You are... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zalmoxis12000, Sep 22, 2018.

1. My son cannot link his Fortnite account from pc to XBOX ONE

Hello.

My son plays Fortnite on PC and now he wants to play it on Xbox but unfortunately he cannot do that as a message says: " To do this. You are unable to see content other people make because of how your account is setup. This can be changed in your privacy
    and online safety setting on xbox.com".

I went there and I changed all the settings but he still is unable to play and the message keeps coming up.

Does anyone has any solution for that please?

Thank you.

:)

Zalmoxis12000, Sep 22, 2018
  2. CathTaylor
    CathTaylor Guest
    pc To Xbox account change problems

My son changed his pc fortnite account to an xbox fortnite account now he cant accept invitations from his friends on other platforms like switch

CathTaylor, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Still no cross platform parties in Fortnite after changing Microsoft account from child to adult

My son plays the game Fortnite (from Epic Games) on his Xbox One.

Within Fortnite there’s supposed to be the following setting: “Allow Cross Platform Parties”

This setting is does not appear on my son’s Xbox One.

Therefore, I tried, modifying his Microsoft account that he uses for his Xbox One gamertag from a child account to an adult account, pretending he’s an adult.

However, the missing “Allow Cross Platform Parties” setting does still not appear in Fortnite.

Please help!

Tobias Heilig, Sep 22, 2018
  4. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest

Hello Zalmoxis

In this situation you would go to Settings>Account>privacy&online safety>xbox live privacy>select adult default. If your sons account is a child account the parent account would log in go to Settings>family>select
    sons gamertag and follow same as above.

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Support

XBF Brad A, Sep 22, 2018
  5. Hello Brad. Thank you for your reply.

I tried that but appears this message when I try switch the accounts: " There is a temporary problem with the service. Please try again"

Any idea what to do about it?

Thank you.

Zalmoxis12000, Sep 25, 2018
  6. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest
    Hi Zal,

I would suggest for you to do a
    Power cycle
    to your Xbox and retry the steps provided above by Brad!

Hope this helps.

XBF Leslie D, Sep 25, 2018
  7. Hi.

Thank you for your reply. After these tries I did not have a chance to see as I worked and I did not have time but today was a miracle; my sone managed to play Fortnite on his account. I do not know how happened but by fiddling around I managed to make it
    work.

Thank you again.

Zalmoxis12000, Sep 29, 2018
  8. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest

Hiya!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!

XBF Leslie D, Nov 2, 2018
  9. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi Zal,

Power cycle

Hope this helps.
  10. Zalmoxis12000 Win User

Hi Zal,

Power cycle

Hope this helps.
    Hi.

Thank you for your reply. After these tries I did not have a chance to see as I worked and I did not have time but today was a miracle; my sone managed to play Fortnite on his account. I do not know how happened but by fiddling around I managed to make it
    work.

Thank you again.
  11. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Zalmoxis

In this situation you would go to Settings>Account>privacy&online safety>xbox live privacy>select adult default. If your sons account is a child account the parent account would log in go to Settings>family>select

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Support
  12. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hiya!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  13. Zalmoxis12000 Win User

Hello Zalmoxis

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Support
    Hello Brad. Thank you for your reply.

I tried that but appears this message when I try switch the accounts: " There is a temporary problem with the service. Please try again"

Any idea what to do about it?

Thank you.
Thema:

1. My son cannot link his Fortnite account from pc to XBOX ONE - Similar Threads - son cannot link

2. Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember...: Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember his email. Can you help? Gamertag is XdLeonF1690 c3b3e049-43f0-40a2-ac16-f949eeccea39
  3. cannot give my $10 xbox gift card to my son to get v-bucks for Fortnite

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot give my $10 xbox gift card to my son to get v-bucks for Fortnite: I was told to purchase $10 xbox gift cards using my MS reward on my Microsoft account then give to my son to use to redeem v-bucks for Fortnite. Once I redeem my points for $10 xbox Gift cards, I...
  4. We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox: I have contacted epic games and given the following ref my son:- Xbox gamer Id Email address connected to Xbox Evidence of fortnite purchases via Xbox/microsoft account Fornite works fine and...
  5. I cannot access the spending section on my sons account within our family group.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot access the spending section on my sons account within our family group.: My son has his card details on the xbox but he cannot buy anything as it makes him ask for permission but then nothing comes through on his phone or mine, or our emails. When I log into my...
  6. My son account was hacked, but i cannot get help

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son account was hacked, but i cannot get help: Good morning, My boy had his Microsoft account stolen, I tried to open 2 incidents that Microsoft decided to close. So I tried to talk to someone. it seems that it is almost no longer possible....
  7. My son keeps getting the message, “cannot connect, please restart your client” when trying...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My son keeps getting the message, “cannot connect, please restart your client” when trying...: My son keeps getting the message, “cannot connect, please restart your client” when trying to connect for multiplayer or remote play. We have restarted the console numerous times, I have rebooted...
  8. My son cannot do multi player on Minecraft because he is on a family account. How do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son cannot do multi player on Minecraft because he is on a family account. How do I...: We do not have xbox. He does Minecraft on his apple air and his iPad. We have a family account but it's telling me to have him send a new request so it won't even set up properly. I've tried...
  9. Cannot log into Microsoft Live or Xbox account using my sons login

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot log into Microsoft Live or Xbox account using my sons login: Hi I'm currently trying to login to my sons Xbox profile. But every time I try to login nothing happens. I enter his mail account and a one time pass key is send to his mail. I use this key and...
  10. CANNOT get my sons xbox at my house to play multiplayer on minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CANNOT get my sons xbox at my house to play multiplayer on minecraft: My sons xbox series s at his mothers allows him to play minecraft multiplayer and realms, but will not allow him to on his xbox one at my house, it says "you cannot play on realms because of how...