My series x doesn't recognize my 4k tv

Discus and support My series x doesn't recognize my 4k tv in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I bought a brand new 75 inch 4k philips tv model 75PUL7552/F7. I have a Playstation 5 which displays in 4k ,hdr, all of it. But my series x wont... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by D4rkByD351gn, Jun 12, 2023.

1. D4rkByD351gn
    D4rkByD351gn Guest

So I bought a brand new 75 inch 4k philips tv model 75PUL7552/F7. I have a Playstation 5 which displays in 4k ,hdr, all of it. But my series x wont switch from 1080p. Says the tv doesn't support 4k. I've tried all of the standard troubleshooting. I've checked cables and all the settings. No idea what is going on

:)

D4rkByD351gn, Jun 12, 2023
  2. D4rkByD351gn Win User

A hard reset didn't work either. I'm beginning to thing I'll have to do a full system reset 😔
  3. cyr1x Win User

I have the same tv with the same problem and this worked for me. Thank you!
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hi, if you don't mind, try performing one and selecting “delete everything”

If you need to review the steps, they're below:

Go to settings > system > console info > reset.

If maybe the inconvenience persists, I recommend you to report this, including your TV model to Microsoft support:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Hello there.
    May I know if you can test your console with a different 4K TV?

Additionally, can you double-check if your console and the TV firmware is up-to-date?

Meanwhile, try to perform a physical power cycle disconnecting the power cable

"Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

Plug the console power cable back in.
    Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on."

You can find the same steps in the article below
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that.
    I recommend you to report this to the Xbox team:

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

Make sure to report this to the TV manufacturer as well.
    Lastly, when you're able to test your console with another 4K TV, please do so.
Thema:

1. My series x doesn't recognize my 4k tv - Similar Threads - series doesn't recognize

2. Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs: Just as said before my series X reads games like MK 1, but sekiro or cod ww2 or any xbox one games, even if it's a cross tittle, just recent games. Bought at 2021, no warranty anymore...
  3. Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?: I have an Xbox Series X, and Dolby Vision is supposedly supported when using the Max app. I have found, though, that movies or TV shows on Max that are supposed to support Dolby Vision simply do...
  4. My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...: Hi, I'm having an issue with Elite series 2 controller, upon trying to install the latest firmware version via Xbox Accessories App to see if it solves some issues I'm having with it (It...
  5. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S: I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the...
  6. My xbox series x doesn't connect to xbox network but is connected to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x doesn't connect to xbox network but is connected to the internet: So I've tried every single fix out there to try and fix the issue but my console won't connect to the xbox network. I can't sign in as it says I do not have an Internet connect but when I click...
  7. Recording With USB On Xbox Series S Doesn't Work Properly, Corruption, No Recent Captures...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recording With USB On Xbox Series S Doesn't Work Properly, Corruption, No Recent Captures...: This is preventing me from capturing necessary footage & I beg you guys to work on this as soon as possible. When Recording with a USB or sometimes even normal recording, if you press stop button...
  8. Xbox Series S saying it's connected to network only in network settings. It doesn't act or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S saying it's connected to network only in network settings. It doesn't act or...: My Xbox is connected to a network but saying it's not connected nor is it acting like it aside from showing directly from network settings menu. It's the only device not working properly. I've...
  9. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  10. My xbox series x doesn't recognize xbox360 discs anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x doesn't recognize xbox360 discs anymore: It started 3 months ago I've tried shutting down my xbox formatting it using a different 360 disc nothing worked it doesn't even say its scratched/dirty it straight up doesn't even recognize the...