My series S won't connect to internet and is stuck in WIRED mode

Discus and support My series S won't connect to internet and is stuck in WIRED mode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't get my series S to connect. I've tried every version of power cycling and hard factory reset. Now I'm stuck in the initial setup and it won't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SCHWIFTYINHERE0 Snodgrass, Jul 1, 2023.

1. My series S won't connect to internet and is stuck in WIRED mode

I can't get my series S to connect. I've tried every version of power cycling and hard factory reset. Now I'm stuck in the initial setup and it won't connect. Every other device in my house connects fine and I bought this Xbox BRAND NEW not even 6 months ago.... c'mon Microsoft you guys have made enough money to get an IMMEDIATE FIX for this Jesus I'm tempted to just go the playstation route it's getting ridiculous and completely unacceptable.

:)

SCHWIFTYINHERE0 Snodgrass, Jul 1, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community.

I will be glad to help you.

Please try an offline update, which may help you to eliminate the problem if it is a firmware problem. Follow the steps described here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Best Regards.
  3. Ronnie2015 Win User

This happened to me & I fixed it by performing a (Hard Reset)

Hold the power button on the front of the console down for 10 seconds, releasing it only after the device shuts down.
  4. Dc r0cks 0n 500 Win User

I have an Xbox 360 that won't connect to my router

Same thing is happening to me my Xbox one s won't connect to my internet but will connect to a hotspot or being hard wired but still won't connect to the wireless after doing all the steps
  5. Zedrik von Katmahl Win User

Rewards App not working

Rewards app won't work for either the Xbox One S or the Xbox Series S trying multiple internet connections and DNS servers
  6. cpt7Insane0 Win User

Fried network card? Do the wireless and wired network adapters use the same chipset?

It's disconnecting because it thinks the wire is plugged in. Also, I can't connect at all now. It is permanently stuck in wired mode.
Thema:

1. My series S won't connect to internet and is stuck in WIRED mode - Similar Threads - series won't connect

2. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  3. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  4. Series X won't connect to online games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won't connect to online games.: My xbox is currently unable to connect to any online games. Each one prompts me with the games own "could not connect to online services." I have tried hard resetting, unplugging and waiting 5...
  5. My xbox series x won't connect to my tv.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't connect to my tv.: I've changed my hdmi. I've did a reset on my system and my tv. I'm getting no where. 247b93c2-9fd3-4b65-897b-abffcf850ca3
  6. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  7. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  8. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  9. New Xbox Series S won't connect to Wi-Fi after restart with the correct password. It worked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series S won't connect to Wi-Fi after restart with the correct password. It worked...: I've tried unplugging for a little bit, restarting, and factory reset, but nothing is working. I just got it a month ago brand new. It connects to my hotspot but not my home Wi-Fi....
  10. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...