My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to...

Discus and support My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My series 2 elite controller when when I start console up it's fine. You can remap the buttons, no problem and use it in game as well. The big problem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GR1MM2dk, Sep 7, 2023.

1. GR1MM2dk
    GR1MM2dk Guest

My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to...

My series 2 elite controller when when I start console up it's fine. You can remap the buttons, no problem and use it in game as well. The big problem is when you go to map the buttons it asked you to do an update. It seems to update but then it gets caught in a loop. You can't even find out if it's been updated because you do not want to control her, which is obviously not up to date with firmware. Is there actually a solution to this problem? I've seen quite a few posts but no answers

:)

GR1MM2dk, Sep 7, 2023
  2. Lavenia A. Win User

My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to do it again. It's in a continuous loop. Does anyone have any answers or solutions?

Hi GR1MM2dk,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I am aware that you're having trouble with your series 2 elite controller. I am here to help and let us work on this together.

This issue may be caused by a firmware update that is rolling out to Xbox One controllers with Bluetooth support, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, and Xbox Adaptive Controllers.

One possible solution is to update the controller over a USB cable instead of Bluetooth, as updating over Bluetooth is not supported. Here's how:

1. If you have one, plug the stereo headset adapter into the bottom of your controller so it can also get updates.
    2. If you're using a stereo headset adapter, plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).
    3. Plug the included USB cable into your Xbox’s USB port.
      • For Xbox Series X, the port is on the front right below the Pair button. For Xbox Series S, the port is on the front left next to the Pair button.
      • For Xbox One X and Xbox One S, the USB port is on the front under the Power button.
      • For original Xbox One, the port is on the left side of the console, around the corner from the disc tray.
    4. Plug the other end of the USB cable into the top of the controller.
    5. Instructions to install the update should automatically appear. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress. The process can take up to 3 minutes.
    If instructions to install the update don’t automatically appear, you can start the process manually. To do this, press the Xbox button to open the guide, choose Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “” to check the firmware version for your controller. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

Another possible solution is to make sure your PC has the latest fixes. To customize the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 in the Xbox Accessories app, make sure your PC has the latest fixes. See how to get updates.

The steps can be found at Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  3. Lavenia A. Win User

My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to do it again. It's in a continuous loop. Does anyone have any answers or solutions?

Hi GR1MM2dk,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  4. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox One Controller successfully connected to PC via bluetooth does not work with Windows apps.

There was a new update released, can you try updating your Elite Series 2 controller again?

I also have the Elite Series 2 controller and I do not run into these issues when using it with the PC.
  5. XBLRewards8 Win User

telling me to update email

Hello xRunicW0LFx,

This notification is just to alert you that our system is reporting we cannot deliver to your email address. Can you roughly recall the last time we made a delivery to your email address? While this does not impact Rewarding, missed messages may cause you
    to miss important communications from our program.
  6. XBLRewards8 Win User

telling me to update email

Thema:

1. My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to... - Similar Threads - series elite controller

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  4. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller: I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the...
  5. The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased a new Elite Series 2 controller. While I haven't noticed any issues with other games, I hear an irritating rattling sound from the right trigger when I try it...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  7. Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller: So my warranty is over on my controller. By a few months and I seem to have this issue with multiple elite controllers. That just over time something on the inside seems to start rattling. The...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?: I’ve had this elite controller for about a year and randomly the joysticks started messing up. I checked on the accessories app and the right thumbstick appears to stay in this position no matter...
  9. LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller: When I bought the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. I played with the controller for a few weeks. Later the LB button had a problem where it only works if you press it one point or press it a lot....
  10. No service option available for my series elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No service option available for my series elite controller: Having problems with joystick drift and it powers off unexpectedly so I tried to make a repair service it let's me choose full service then the next page says no service options available any help...