My seagate 4tb hard drive isn't reading on pc and xbox series X?

Discus and support My seagate 4tb hard drive isn't reading on pc and xbox series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I was playing shadow of war and then halo last night, suddenly halo crashed I then restart the console. I went to turn back on the game and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Richard Curtis1, Jul 8, 2023.

1. My seagate 4tb hard drive isn't reading on pc and xbox series X?

Hello! I was playing shadow of war and then halo last night, suddenly halo crashed I then restart the console. I went to turn back on the game and it said I had to install it, realising my external hard drive wasn't working. I have tried every solution that I got from the Microsoft support, e.g trying different port, changing it to sleep mode and restarting it etc. I plugged it into my pc and it still isn't registering, the blue light is on as it should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated or do you reckon its packed up and I need to get a new one? If that's the case is there still away to transfer games over?

:)

Richard Curtis1, Jul 8, 2023
  2. Richard Curtis1 Win User

Thats great, thanks again you have been a great help.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Sure and that's correct. If you've purchased all your games digitally using your account then you can always reinstall or redownload them to your console. They will show up in your library.
  4. Richard Curtis1 Win User

Thank you so much for your reply, you have been a great help. Yea I've tried different cable etc and trying it on pc. Ah ok so my saved progress will be saved on the cloud anyway? In that case it's just a case of getting a new hard drive. I take my games are stored on my account to download again in my xbox library?
  5. Richard Curtis1 Win User

Hi thank you for your reply, yea blue light comes on as normal and makes a sort of spinniny noise when I Put my ear against it, i wouldn't say clicking but definitely a spinning noise.
  6. Rostom L Win User

You're welcome. I appreciate your patience and time here in the community. Take care!
Thema:

1. My seagate 4tb hard drive isn't reading on pc and xbox series X? - Similar Threads - seagate 4tb hard

2. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  3. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...: when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to...
  4. Seagate Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate Not Working: I have a 4TB Seagate WD My Passport 2626 that I use to store my xbox games on. Today I decided to plug it into my computer because I am low on storage. I think I formatted it and now it only says...
  5. With respect to the Internal Storage of the Xbox Series X how long is Seagate going to have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    With respect to the Internal Storage of the Xbox Series X how long is Seagate going to have...: I have an 8TB Western Digital external HD for my Xbox One. You can play games directly from the HD. Yet on the Series X you cannot do this and instead an External HD is only capable of storing...
  6. XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working: When I connect my external to my Xbox, the lights come on but my games aren't popping up on my Xbox. When I tried plugging it up to my laptop, nothing came up either. The xbox isn't recognizing...
  7. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  8. How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?: So I recently bought a 8tb game hub for my Xbox series s to add storage, i formatted it and got everything working. But after I spent hours transferring things, it wouldn’t allow me to play my...
  9. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  10. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...