My screenshots and clips gone!

Discus and support My screenshots and clips gone! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got back on my XB1S after a couple of days and I noticed that all of my game clips and screenshots that were saved on the local drive vanished.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DemonUnknown86, Oct 12, 2017.

1. My screenshots and clips gone!

I just got back on my XB1S after a couple of days and I noticed that all of my game clips and screenshots that were saved on the local drive vanished. The ones I uploaded to OneDrive and Xbox Live are still there. Can somebody tell me what happened? Am I
    alone, or is this happening to others as well.

:)

DemonUnknown86, Oct 12, 2017
  2. My Clips and Screenshots are gone from Game Capture on Xbox One!

What happened to all my Game Clips and Screenshots? They are all gone now. Also, my Activity Feed is wiped out.

Radiant Sword X, Oct 12, 2017
  3. Clips gone?

So for some odd reason all of my clips and screenshots are gone. Anyone have any idea as to why?

oSilentShinobi, Oct 12, 2017
  4. My screenshots and clips gone!

Hey there DemonUnknown86,

It's hard to say what might have happened. Have you recently needed to perform a factory reset or are in the Xbox One Insider program? Are you able to add new clips to the internal storage?

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 13, 2017
  5. No on the factory reset and I don't have any issues with saving new clips/screenshots. I don't believe I'm in the XB1 Insider program how would I find out?

DemonUnknown86, Oct 13, 2017
  6. Thanks for the info, if you were, you'd have access to the Xbox Insider Hub and would have registered through that. Is your console fully up to date with the latest dashboard release?

Here's how to check

1. Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings > All settings.
    3. Select System > Updates.

If there is an update, you'll see the option to Update Console.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 17, 2017

7. Yes my console is up to date but I did double check, I got a msg stating 'No console update available' So I was reading about whats new with update and a couple days later I could see all my screenshots and game clips. I did some research and it seems to
    happen at random. All your thumbnails disappear and become inaccessible.

DemonUnknown86, Nov 1, 2018
  8. DemonUnknown86 Win User

No on the factory reset and I don't have any issues with saving new clips/screenshots. I don't believe I'm in the XB1 Insider program how would I find out?

Thanks for the info, if you were, you'd have access to the Xbox Insider Hub and would have registered through that. Is your console fully up to date with the latest dashboard release?

Here's how to check

Mister Mascot

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.

Yes my console is up to date but I did double check, I got a msg stating 'No console update available' So I was reading about whats new with update and a couple days later I could see all my screenshots and game clips. I did some research and it seems to
    happen at random. All your thumbnails disappear and become inaccessible.
  9. Mister Mascot Win User

No on the factory reset and I don't have any issues with saving new clips/screenshots. I don't believe I'm in the XB1 Insider program how would I find out?
    Thanks for the info, if you were, you'd have access to the Xbox Insider Hub and would have registered through that. Is your console fully up to date with the latest dashboard release?

Here's how to check

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  10. DemonUnknown86 Win User

Hey there ,

It's hard to say what might have happened. Have you recently needed to perform a factory reset or are in the Xbox One Insider program? Are you able to add new clips to the internal storage?

Mister Mascot

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  11. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there DemonUnknown86,

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  12. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Help, all my local captures have disappeared.

I think there is something to it though.

After reading this topic, I checked out my screenshots / clips on my Xbox and noticed all of the ones that were not uploaded yet are gone except for 1 from 14 days ago.

I've taken several screenshots of environments in Red Dead 2, and a video of a bear attacking me because it kind of glitched when it happened. Those are all gone.
Thema:

1. My screenshots and clips gone! - Similar Threads - screenshots clips gone

2. My Xbox One S can't capture clips or recordings but takes screenshots

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox One S can't capture clips or recordings but takes screenshots: When I press to record what happened, or try to start a recording nothing happens. The guide just closes doesn’t record a clip or even say that it did. It doesn't even show in my internal storage,...
  3. How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots?: Dashboard>System>Storage devices>Storage Expansion Card>Options given: View contents, move or copy, uninstall content, change how drive is configured, rename, format, set as capture location....
  4. Game Clip/ Screenshot upload to OneDrive failed, but I’m not uploading anything to Onedrive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Clip/ Screenshot upload to OneDrive failed, but I’m not uploading anything to Onedrive?: This is a pretty new bug, glitch, something of the sort, that’s been happening to me. It started around three days ago, including today (so from November 19-21st, 2023). I chose to turn off...
  5. Is there a way I can ask Microsoft if they can recover deleted Xbox clips and screenshots...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way I can ask Microsoft if they can recover deleted Xbox clips and screenshots...: Some important clips and screenshots were auto deleted off my Xbox without me knowing about the auto delete system yet c20dd3a1-e64d-4ac5-8ae5-a95a9adfb7cf
  6. How do I transfer clips and screenshots from Xbox Network to OneDrive?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer clips and screenshots from Xbox Network to OneDrive?: I have spent the last couple of days trying to back up my captures from my Xbox to the onedrive. I have upgraded my storage to 100GB of space. I have just over 10GB of captures to upload, so space...
  7. All my captured Game Clips turned into screenshots

in XboX Insiders
    All my captured Game Clips turned into screenshots: Hi! I have an Xbox Series X… I love capturing a lot of video game clips from time to time and rewatch some awesome scenes from the games. I always record to internal storage only. No cloud or...
  8. How do i download all my Xbox clips and screenshots with the metadata?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i download all my Xbox clips and screenshots with the metadata?: I saw that there is a new policy that all clips and screenshots get deleted from the Xbox network after 3 months and i want to download all of them to my PC. When i copy the clips from the Xboox...
  9. Cant capture a screenshot with controller but can make a clip with controller (alpha skip...

in XboX Insiders
    Cant capture a screenshot with controller but can make a clip with controller (alpha skip...: since todays update i'm unable to take a screenshot with my controller by pressing the button that makes captures/game clips on the series x controller i have tried to reset the controller through...
  10. how to access your screenshot and clips saved on the cloud with the new xbox app on pc ?

in XboX Insiders
    how to access your screenshot and clips saved on the cloud with the new xbox app on pc ?: how to access your screenshot and clips saved on the cloud with the new xbox app on pc ? submitted by /u/Venceslas22 [link] [comments]