My RT button is triggering on its own.

Discus and support My RT button is triggering on its own. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a wired Xbox controller and my RT keeps triggering on its own but it's usually when I press LT, X, or sometimes when I use my left thumb stick.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ŸøÅrīæñÇĥïll �, May 18, 2024.

1. My RT button is triggering on its own.

I have a wired Xbox controller and my RT keeps triggering on its own but it's usually when I press LT, X, or sometimes when I use my left thumb stick. Its kind of like an auto clicker but is very inconvenient for when I press the other listed buttons it goes off. please help.

:)

ŸøÅrīæñÇĥïll �, May 18, 2024
  2. ŸøÅrīæñÇĥïl Win User

Also I have tried taking the back plate off and cleaning around RT
  3. furaii Win User

The controller has 4 button at the front. Why is Left Top button labeled as LB, Left Bottom as LB,...

is this a serious post? its how they have always been labelled... LT / RT - Left trigger/right trigger, as these are triggers not a buttons. LB/RB - Left bumper/right bumper - these are bumper buttons as they are around the 'edge' of the controller.

I don't see how you're confused and hope I've cleared it up.
  4. SandM1tch Win User

My hdmi no longer produces HD

Excuse me, its not the Right-bumper for video configuration reset, its Right-Trigger (RT). So RT+Y first.
  5. rtopham-BCCE7E0A-4BE Win User

Xbox 360 slim turns itself on/off and opens/closes tray

I might have explained myself incorrectly. The console powers on on its own (I don't push the button for ejecting the tray), and it then closes the tray on its own too. I guess the mechanism of the tray is being triggered someway (and randomly).

Thanks.
  6. street2234 Win User

Uninstall/reinstall issue

i dont know if this helps but you can try

How To Fix Dashboard Issues on the Xbox One
    Simultaneously press and hold down the [Left Trigger (LT)] + [Right Trigger (RT)] + [Y] buttons for a couple of seconds, and then release them.

The Dashboard will refresh itself (reload all the elements of the home screen) shortly after releasing the three buttons.

or also LT+RT+X
Thema:

1. My RT button is triggering on its own. - Similar Threads - button triggering own

2. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  3. My trigger button is cracked on my elite 2 controller can I have this replaced

in XBoX on Consoles
    My trigger button is cracked on my elite 2 controller can I have this replaced: My trigger is cracked on my elite 2 controller ! The controller hasn’t been dropped it just gave up during game play !! Can I have this replaced/repaired f65632b4-8e6e-48ef-bac8-29fcebff2313
  4. Xbox Elite series 2 paddles triggering the wrong buttons when testing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite series 2 paddles triggering the wrong buttons when testing: I bought an xbox elite 2 controller, connected it to my xbox series S, updated the controller and mapped the paddles (upper right B, lower right X, upper left A, lower left Y) and saved to a...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Core Controller X button Trigger A button

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Core Controller X button Trigger A button: Hello, when I press the X button in the mortal kombat game, when I press the A button Y button at the same time, the X button is triggered at the same time. This problem only occurs when I connect...
  6. elite controller 2, right trigger button not registering constantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite controller 2, right trigger button not registering constantly: It wasn't the problem of the elite pad 2 It was the game Sorry for the hassel --------original post So we, me and my son, who only play Apex legends on XSX, bought 2 elite controllers the...
  7. Xbox elite controller RT button trigger alone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller RT button trigger alone: I just bought a xbox elite controller ( not the 2) on the internet.. the RT button tripper alone, can be remplace ? fd5824a4-7da7-44f7-8fcf-9c3f32bc899b
  8. Hair trigger button rubber sleeve keeps coming off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hair trigger button rubber sleeve keeps coming off: hi there, I bought an series 2 elite controller 7 months ago and its been amazing... no problems with anything on the controller until 4 days ago when the rubber sleeves on the hair trigger...
  9. Xbox Controller Help. Left Trigger and Left Button mapping swapped by itself in game and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Help. Left Trigger and Left Button mapping swapped by itself in game and...: While playing COD Warzone in game, my left button and left trigger automatically swapped and now I do not know how to fix it... I tried to see if this was just COD but it seems to be the...
  10. Xbox One controller is 3 days old, Left trigger button does not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller is 3 days old, Left trigger button does not work.: Xbox One controller is 3 days old, controller was dropped ONE TIME, and the Left trigger button stopped working. Because the remote is new, can I have it replaced for free?...