My right joystick on my Xbox controller is not working

Discus and support My right joystick on my Xbox controller is not working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've tried everything. I've tried the button test, it could read it, but then when I went out, it didn't work. Please can somebody help.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Travis Baumbach, Dec 12, 2023.

1. My right joystick on my Xbox controller is not working

I've tried everything. I've tried the button test, it could read it, but then when I went out, it didn't work. Please can somebody help.

:)

Travis Baumbach, Dec 12, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Travis, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with the right joystick of your controller.

Please check that the controller you are using has its firmware fully updated using the instructions provided in the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller

Often, an outdated controller firmware can cause issues like the one you are experiencing, so it's worth ruling that out as a possible cause.

If the problem persists, do you encounter the same issue when using the controller while connected via USB cable and when using it on different devices? This would help us isolate the problem.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. SydneyC711 Win User

Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers

I left my xbox unplugged all night, just turned it on with the controller and still not recognizing the right joystick.
  4. UND3ADxPROFITx Win User

Joysticks not working on Project xCloud

I updated my controller, but still my joysticks are not working when I play games. The joysticks only appear to be working in the menu.
  5. ZippoZippy0 Win User

HELP!!!! MY RIGHT JOYSTICK ON ALL 3 OF MY WIRELESS XBOX CONTROLLERS STOPED RESPONDING ( MY CONTROLLERS AREN'T BROKEN) !!!!

Hello sorry it took forever for me to reply but It did not work I'm starting to think it's my Xbox that's messed up but it runs perfectly. I just got a new controller last night and the right joystick won't work so it's non of the controllers so I'm guessing Xbox
  6. Wilmsy Win User

Xbox Controller Right Analog Stick Not Working - Still

Having the same issue. Right joystick only works in test mode and when magnifier is on. I can actually go into the controller settings and “swap sticks” and then the right joystick works but not the left. So clearly the controller is working properly and not damaged or faulty. Feels like its some sort of software/setting issue. Same problem on (4) separate controllers and (2) different xbox consoles….
Thema:

1. My right joystick on my Xbox controller is not working - Similar Threads - right joystick controller

2. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  3. Which controller has the most accurate right joystick?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controller has the most accurate right joystick?: I currently like the Elite Series 2 with lowest tension. 39e168ac-648d-4a12-8fcb-661f6319dfa4
  4. Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.: The right joystick suddenly stopped working mid game on my Xbox One with all my controllers, three wireless and one wired. The system recognizes the joystick when testing and with the magnifier....
  5. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers: I was playing MW3 and my right joystick stopped working. I checked for update, un-synced and re-synced and power cycled both my controller and Xbox to no avail. I also reset my Series X. I tried...
  6. Controller for Xbox one , right joystick not responding ??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller for Xbox one , right joystick not responding ??: My Xbox was being weird and one night my controller stopped responding, it would turn the console on but wouldn’t respond to any of the buttons other than the power on. I did a hard reset on the...
  7. white standard controller right joystick not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    white standard controller right joystick not working: Hi I got a white standard controller with my Xbox X, but the right Joy stick isn’t working. I can’t find it with out opening the controller. How else can I reset the ball the joystick rotates on?...
  8. HELP!!!! MY RIGHT JOYSTICK ON ALL 3 OF MY WIRELESS XBOX CONTROLLERS STOPED RESPONDING ( MY...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP!!!! MY RIGHT JOYSTICK ON ALL 3 OF MY WIRELESS XBOX CONTROLLERS STOPED RESPONDING ( MY...: Last night I was playing call of duty when all of a sudden my right joystick stopped responding. I tried my other controller, no luck. I Tried my 3rd controller, agian no luck. The rest of my...
  9. Controller right thin joystick drifts on its own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller right thin joystick drifts on its own: Newish controller, right thumb joystick drifts on its own 02b7c144-dca2-4651-af6a-22fb1dcf096e
  10. What course of action do I have with a Xbox Wireless Controller with a right-joystick drift...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What course of action do I have with a Xbox Wireless Controller with a right-joystick drift...: I purchased a Xbox wireless controller from Target back in January of this year. The right joystick has now developed drift where I move it up or down and character(s) and the selections on the...